• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Putin saves journalists from tigress - Russia Today

campbeca

Russia Today

Putin saves journalists from tigress
Vladimir Putin has rescued Russian TV journalists from a tiger attack by tranquilising it with a dart gun. The Prime Minister was visiting Ussuri national park in Russia’s Far East.
The five-year old Amur tiger was trapped by researchers of the Russian Academy of Science.

Vladimir Putin, who is on a working visit to the region, arrived at the reserve on a helicopter. There he met with scientists working on research and preservation of the Amur tiger – one of the rarest predators on the planet. There are only about 450 of the big cats in Russia.

The scientists showed Putin equipment that helps them monitor migration routes and control health of the endangered species.

Among the gadgets there were GPS- Argos satellite navigation collars, special traps for taking photos of animals and a gun that fires tranquiliser darts.

Then Putin was given the opportunity to travel to the taiga to see the trapped tigress.

‘Vesti’ TV channel journalists, who were waiting for the Prime Minister at the site, just five metres away from the animal, didn’t notice that the big cat had freed itself.

They could have been attacked, but Putin reacted quickly and used the dart gun to stop the animal.

Whilst the Amur tigress was sleeping, the premier put a GPS-collar on her neck and, together with scientists, measured her length from nose to tail tip.

Finally, Putin kissed her and said: ‘Goodbye!’

This is easily my favourite story all year :D

It's being carried extensively in Russian language news outlets

phester

I wonder if it was putin that shot the reporter in the head too by accidient :p

JDLK

Apparantly the tiger was only trying to protect his internationally recognised territory and Putins attack is no less than an invasion

aodh_rua

Website
drtod.wordpress.com
Hang on the Taoiseach has also been spotted out in the wilds...

Pretty dangerous stuff - that ball might have been lost in the hole if it wasn't for his intervention. At least he stopped one thing from sinking....I'll get me coat.

essexboy

campbeca said:

Russia Today

Putin saves journalists from tigress
Vladimir Putin has rescued Russian TV journalists from a tiger attack by tranquilising it with a dart gun. The Prime Minister was visiting Ussuri national park in Russia’s Far East.
The five-year old Amur tiger was trapped by researchers of the Russian Academy of Science.

Vladimir Putin, who is on a working visit to the region, arrived at the reserve on a helicopter. There he met with scientists working on research and preservation of the Amur tiger – one of the rarest predators on the planet. There are only about 450 of the big cats in Russia.

The scientists showed Putin equipment that helps them monitor migration routes and control health of the endangered species.

Among the gadgets there were GPS- Argos satellite navigation collars, special traps for taking photos of animals and a gun that fires tranquiliser darts.

Then Putin was given the opportunity to travel to the taiga to see the trapped tigress.

‘Vesti’ TV channel journalists, who were waiting for the Prime Minister at the site, just five metres away from the animal, didn’t notice that the big cat had freed itself.

They could have been attacked, but Putin reacted quickly and used the dart gun to stop the animal.

Whilst the Amur tigress was sleeping, the premier put a GPS-collar on her neck and, together with scientists, measured her length from nose to tail tip.

Finally, Putin kissed her and said: ‘Goodbye!’

This is easily my favourite story all year :D

He then leaped a tall building with a single bound
Look! Up in the sky!
It's a bird. It's a plane. It's Putin!

campbeca

[youtube:2b7fifrf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OFOPd6pgjI[/youtube:2b7fifrf]

It's no wonder they sing traditional Russian songs such as this one about him

My boyfriend is in trouble once again:
Got in a fight, got drunk on something nasty
I've had enough and I chased him away
And now I want a man like Putin

One like Putin, full of strength
One like Putin, who won't be a drunk
One like Putin, who wouldn't hurt me
One like Putin, who won't run away!

I've seen him on the news last night
He was telling us that the world has come to crossroads
With one like him, it's easy to be home and out
And now I want a man like Putin

One like Putin, full of strength
One like Putin, who won't be a drunk
One like Putin, who wouldn't hurt me
One like Putin, who won't run away!

the klingon

I'm just glad that Batman - eh I mean Putin was there to save the day. Lets face it, if Dick Cheney was there it would have been a massacre :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jeez, even their leaders do friendly fire.

Jargongrad

Putin, what a boy. He loves his hard man image.

Squire Allworthy

the klingon said:
I'm just glad that Batman - eh I mean Putin was there to save the day. Lets face it, if Dick Cheney was there it would have been a massacre :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jeez, even their leaders do friendly fire.
Yes it doesn't bear thinking about.

Thanks for the story I enjoyed that one!

yellowfish

The journalists in russia must be fairly tame if a polatician can be bothered to shoot a tiger to save them.
perhaps we could use it as a Baseline method for testing the strength of our democratic vigour, every now and again release a maneater at a press conferance :) Can you train a tiger to only attack red tops?

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
Aggressor said:
RUSSIA STRONG!!! RUSSIA LEADER(Prime Minister) STRONG!!!
lol, priceless. Funny how Putin was in situ when a Tiger escapes and the man himself (not his legion of body guards) saves reporters on the scene.... could not make it up....apparently

So Putin pacifies a wild animal and makes it peaceful, acting humanly and then reaches out to Eruope afterwards by crediting them with helping save the creature.... shades of the Georgian situation? This might play well to the naive all believing Russia audiance, but it is cack handed am-dram theatre at it best. I mean in the middle of the Georgian crises Putin high tails it off to the middle of nowhere? :?

What next? Will GW Bush take a his chainsaw to a rabid Bear on his ranch and castrate it in front of the cameras? About as subtle. :lol:

And Europe will no doubt make its future intimiations through the medium of expressive dance.

The next EU summit:

though I would not mind seeing Yulia Tomishenko in a leotard:

oh yes. ;)

newswire

If there was ever evidence of the male menopause this man is it

Aggressor

Vlad gets a present of a tiger cub for his birthday. Any suggestions what sort of animal our esteemed leader should be offered?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9plot65P7jw[/ame]

Last edited:

Bobert

He's a bayst of a man. Snappy dresser to.

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
He did not say who the Tiger cub was from. My bet is its a pressy from Kadyrov who has a fondness for keeping tigers.

Bobert

He did not say who the Tiger cub was from. My bet is its a pressy from Kadyrov who has a fondness for keeping tigers.

I'd love a tiger...

CookieMonster

Oh of course it is.
Now, hands up who believes the Russian media?

myksav

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies