• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

"Putting the Irish people first" is a foolish statement - says SF Councillor Sarah Holland!

Catalpast

"Putting the Irish people first" is a foolish statement - says SF Councillor Sarah Holland!

TBH while I am long used to the mad stuff SF members can come out with this one must surely take the biscuit!

FULL QUOTE

Cllr Sarah Holland

@VoteHollandSF

Replying to
@naBanbha
and
[MENTION=3433]niamh[/MENTION]NiChiosog
"Putting the Irish people first" is a foolish statement, & a dog whistle to racists. We should be building more social housing and investing in a functioning health service. We *need* people to come here and help us build these. We can easily afford to shelter those fleeing war.
1:53 PM · Dec 31, 2018 · Twitter for Android

SOURCE: Alternative view Ireland
@AltviewIreland

Also on FB:
https://www.facebook.com/AltviewIreland/photos/pb.1792079477707264.-2207520000.1546422581./2184281248487083/?type=3&theater

Surely the whole idea of the Sinn Fein Party was well Sinn Fein - 'Ourselves Alone'

Councillor Holland would appear to believe that Ireland is not for us alone

- but for everybody who comes in the door

- and we should build them all a house too!

And now they are scratching their tiny heads wondering why their support level is sinking....????:confused:

Last edited:

kerdasi amaq

Does this count as anti-Irish racism? The only kind of racism that libtards approve.:unsure:

peader odonnell

Never heard of her but if she comes to my door she will get a very, very clear answer.
Every other country puts its own first , we should do the same.

Donking

She's from the north and moved down here. She could do is all a favour and go back up

stopdoingstuff

So I guess Sinn Fein are now just another party and only pretend to be Irish when they want to have a go at the jaffas for electoral gain.

Dame_Enda

There is an inherent contradiction with her party's name "Sinn Fein", which translates as "Ourselves Alone". Its also imho a contradiction to say we need to build more social houses, yet at the same time that we have enough room for people fleeing war. Anyway we're supposed to have the first safe country principle in the Dublin Convention, despite Merkels attempts to dismantle it.

londonpride

So I guess Sinn Fein are now just another party and only pretend to be Irish when they want to have a go at the jaffas for electoral gain.
There are no real Irish left in Ireland , The great majority are in the US or Britain and Commonwealth. There are many more with thr Prefix O"in their names living in OZ or NZ, even UK than living in Ireland

Understand your True history , Cromwell drove us west of the Shannon, The Famine killed over a million of us and over a million emigrated
And to top it all off De Valera ,in the fifties and sixties ensured that the rest of us who were living in poverty took the boat train to England.
England alone is populated by up to six million Irish of fourth and fifth generation

Those of you on this site claiming to be Irish should go get a DNA test and if you own land should be prepared if not a Celt,to gift your home and land to a returning {real] Irish emigrant mostly with the O' prefix to their name.

Then and only then will the nation be comprised of true Irish people.

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com
This will be an amazing thread.

We may see the return of the One True Gael, Taidhgín himself.

Jack Walsh

Phew, so relieved.
There was only 90 mins left in the first day of New Year, and Catalpast hadn't started a dog whistle immigration thread.
I was getting seriously worried.
Anyway, sorted and now only 364 more scutter threads to be started by Catty in 2019.
How exciting for us all

Dame_Enda

I recall in the 80s and 90s there were "Buy Irish" campaigns." Nowadays I suppose that's 'racist' according to SF. :roll:

RasherHash

I recall in the 80s and 90s there were "Buy Irish" campaigns." Nowadays I suppose that's 'racist' according to SF. :roll:
I think it's still okay, so long as it's not taxi drivers :laugh:

the secretary

Sinn Fein or is it Soros Fein?

curiousorange

Hmm, I’ve never liked Sinn Fein much, but if they’re getting this kind of hate from all the far right wannabe-English old farts then I might start coming around to them.

Herr Rommel

She's from the north and moved down here. She could do is all a favour and go back up
When dealing with people from the North the best approach is to think of them all being on the spectrum and they need a little help and understanding.

RasherHash

A “clear direction” stating who is and who is not entitled to housing is “urgently needed” from the Government to ensure all homeless families are supported, the director of Dublin’s homeless services has warned.

Eileen Gleeson, director of the Dublin Region Homeless Executive, said about one-third of families presenting as homeless were from outside the country and had “unclear housing entitlements”.

This caused difficulties establishing their right to homeless services, leaving them particularly vulnerable if they lost private rented housing.

“The way housing entitlement works is you have to have a connection or be working in Dublin,” Ms Gleeson told The Irish Times. “We’d like that sorted out because it can be vague.”

Call for clarity on homeless family housing entitlements

RasherHash

“The faster we can sort out their housing entitlements for them when they present, the better. Then at least we can move them into supported temporary accommodation and off the night-to-nights which, when there are children, can be cruel.

“We would prefer if we got a directive from the Department of Housing telling us who is and isn’t eligible, to clearly say who is and isn’t entitled to housing.”

Will it be less cruel when they are not eligible?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies