• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Queen Beatrix of Netherlands abdicating tonight rumours

tigerben

Royal forums are going crazy , as the Dutch royal house as said The queen has a pre recorded speech which will be broadcast at 7 tonight in The Netherlands. This country has form for abdication and handing over the reigns so King Willem and Queen Maxima will become the figure heads of the Dutch royal house. They have three girls under the age of ten. The oueens middle son is still in a coma from a ski accident and this might be one of the reasons for this.

Aftreden koningin Beatrix verwacht - NOS Nieuws

livingstone

I believe that Beatrix's mother abdicated as well in the 1970's which brought Beatrix to the throne - it's a far more common option in the Netherlands than the UK (or most other monarchies that I'm aware of) it seems.

dizillusioned

Rich Queen hands over the reigns to her son in foreign country... ahh yes... important to ireland how?

Ramon Mercadar

Maybe she was caught with her finger in a dyke.

Hitch 22

Since 2009 the Royal family are still deeply traumatized after a maniac driving a speeding car tried to assassinate them, killing himself and seven others.

[video=youtube;eXoQJeiMQOg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXoQJeiMQOg[/video]

[video=youtube;-3MfYMO6bUo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3MfYMO6bUo[/video]

Last edited:

amsterdemmetje

I just rang my wife to tell her and she says, "what did she have amputaded":cool:

livingstone

Bizarrely, if/when she abdicates, Willem will be the first Dutch king since 1890.

123 years with only female Heads of State. Even more bizarre when you consider that the three Queens who reigned in that period came to the throne at a time of male-preference primogeniture (which was ended in 1983).

Samell

Charles will be sky+ing this no doubt. "see mummy watch this, look I could be king too"

Ribeye

Very bad netiquette there Hitch.

As a a Republican, I say "meh",

No, not that type,

or that type,

A real one,

SEAMAI

Like all European royalty old Trixie is more German than anything else. Anytime I've been in the Netherlands, I've always found the level of esteem many Dutch hold for their royal family to be laughable. When I jokingly asked if Princess Maxima was obese it was met with a lecture on having respect for her, big bl**dy deal. You'd never complain about the cost of the Irish Predident's office here when you see what the royal household there costs (it's obscene). She's worth a fortune. Both of her sisters lost their claim on the throne when the married catholics, this is a country where there would be almost as many catholics as protestants. Good riddance to her and her family (and other royal families) is all I can say!

Ribeye

Royal Forums,

In 2013,

what sort of creatures are we?

Sigh,

Bea C

I'll be stuck listening to this sh1te now if it happens.
Like when I was a kid and yer wan was born across the water.
For years I was asked was I called after her: in spite of the fact that I'm, I dunno, ten years her senior?

Sister Mercedes

Like all European royalty old Trixie is more German than anything else. Anytime I've been in the Netherlands, I've always found the level of esteem many Dutch hold for their royal family to be laughable. When I jokingly asked if Princess Maxima was obese it was met with a lecture on having respect for her, big bl**dy deal. You'd never complain about the cost of the Irish Predident's office here when you see what the royal household there costs (it's obscene). She's worth a fortune. Both of her sisters lost their claim on the throne when the married catholics, this is a country where there would be almost as many catholics as protestants. Good riddance to her and her family (and other royal families) is all I can say!
Then riddle me this. Why do the most Egalitarian Societies on the Planet have Monarchies? Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Norway...

former wesleyan

Did your audience listen with bated breath as you extolled the virtues of a republic, as exemplified by our good selves ???

ScreeOrTalus

Will she retain her membership of the Bilderberg Group?