• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Queen Elizabeth admitted to hospital.

corelli

Just reporting on the breaking news services. Suffering from gastroenteritis.

Now before every rabid republican has a hissy fit, it is a valid news story and it is in foreign affairs. If you get upset over this nothing I will move it into an Oireachtas thread!!

At her age anything of this variety is relatively serious. Hope the old dear improves.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/03/us-britain-queen-idUSBRE9220AH20130303

Last edited:

Mr. Bumble

Let the spite flow.

seabhcan

Now before every rabid republican has a hissy fit, it is a valid news story and it is in foreign affairs. If you get upset over this nothing I will move it into an Oireachtas thread!!

At her age anything of this variety is relatively serious. Hope the old dear improves.
Hardly anything else to be said really. She should take a leaf out of Benedict's book, and her cousin in Holland, and enjoy retirement.

Cassandra Syndrome

I hope she isn't lying on a trolley.

sic transit

Hardly anything else to be said really. She should take a leaf out of Benedict's book, and her cousin in Holland, and enjoy retirement.
Is Charles out of the picture on succession? William V?

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
You can post what you like.. but as for it being a valid news story.. that's debatable.. would Juan Carlos of Spain going to hospital with tummy ache be a valid news story.. Queen Beatrix with an ingrowing toe nail ?

I hope she'll be ok... but really don't see the news in it.. and the first hissy fit of the thread was yours.. worrying about rabid Republicans giving a crap

tigerben

Just broke this story on the royal site I'm a member off. Get well soon , this would lay a young person up not a mind a old lady. Prince Philip lately became the oldest male British royal ever. Can't imagine one without the other.

tigerben

You can post what you like.. but as for it being a valid news story.. that's debatable.. would Juan Carlos of Spain going to hospital with tummy ache be a valid news story.. Queen Beatrix with an ingrowing toe nail ?

I hope she'll be ok... but really don't see the news in it.. and the first hissy fit of the thread was yours.. worrying about rabid Republicans giving a crap

JC of Spain is acually in hospital today for a operation on a slip disc, His son and heir had to fly back after meeting with the soon to be king Willem and Queen Maxima of the Netherlands.

Iphonista

No wonder she didn't want a greenish tinge to Buck Palace, if she's feeling a bit green around the gills herself.

Clanrickard

Most people couldn't care less. Let me know when she pops her clogs.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
JC of Spain is acually in hospital today for a operation on a slip disc, His son and heir had to fly back after meeting with the soon to be king Willem and Queen Maxima of the Netherlands.
There you go, point proved.. no thread on that

White Horse

I hope she'll be OK.

As for it being newsworthy, she is regarded as head of state to at least 1m people on this island.

That speaks for itself.

Clanrickard

ShoutingIsLeadership

There you go, point proved.. no thread on that
Most people in Ireland would recognise the woman who has been head of State of our nearest neighbour for the last 60 years. Not so many would recognise a picture of the Spanish monarch.

That's why the former story is a news story.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies