• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Queen refuses Tourism Ireland request to turn palace green - thank God!

timhorgan

Perhaps the most cringe-worthy embarrassing news so far this year is that Tourism Ireland has asked HM to allow Buckingham Place to be lit up in green for St.Patrick's Day. Any more of this grossness and she will be regretting ever coming to Ireland. Some ignorant jobs-worth at Tourism Ireland probably thought that this demeaning -demeaning to Ireland and to her Majesty- display of ignorance, uncouthness and bad manners is what being "Oirish" today is all about.

Queen Elizabeth refuses to turn Buckingham Palace green for St. Patrick

No doubt the jobs-worth concerned will be parading on the Day with a leprechaun hat and the obligatory pint of Guinness in his paw.- he is "Oirish" after all.

It would be interesting to find out how he came by his job at Tourism Ireland. It cannot be down to intelligence so there must have been some "pull" somehow.

ruserious

Politics.ie does it everyday. Think she would have put herself out for one night? petunia

Colin M

I would love to see a camera crew, go up to film Willie Frazer's reaction. :D

sport02

I think they have added the leaning tower of Pisa this year to the vast list.
Stuck up Brits.

Kev408

Not terribly unhappy about this 'story'. FG forecasted an increase in UK visitors as a result of the queen's visit. Actually, the visitor numbers declined. Shocker.

mr. jings

I hear she's going to wear the rubber arsed 'póg mo thóin' tricolour shorts though...

Dearghoul

Perhaps the most cringe-worthy embarrassing news so far this year is that Tourism Ireland has asked HM to allow Buckingham Place to be lit up in green for St.Patrick's Day. Any more of this grossness and she will be regretting ever coming to Ireland. Some ignorant jobs-worth at Tourism Ireland probably thought that this demeaning -demeaning to Ireland and to her Majesty- display of ignorance, uncouthness and bad manners is what being "Oirish" today is all about.

No doubt the jobs-worth concerned will be parading on the Day with a leprechaun hat and the obligatory pint of Guinness in his paw.- he is "Oirish" after all.

It would be interesting to find out how he came by his job at Tourism Ireland. It cannot be down to intelligence so there must have been some "pull" somehow.
Oh Dear Jesus.

Mercurial

I think you're overreacting.

It's just a colour.

Dublin 4

God save our Green :p

Bea C

Did I hear something on sky earlier about her being sick?
So I doubt she cares at this precise point - if she is green herself, like.

cabledude

How many here would like The Aras or Dublin Castle or The GPO lit up to look like the Union Jack for an English celebration like Kings Day or such.

I don't blame The Queen for politely declining this request. In fairness, it was never really a runner.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies