Quincy Jones: Ireland is so racist, it's frightening.

Wascurito

Quincy Jones, born in Chicago on March 14, 1933 is an African-American record producer, actor, composer, musician and television and film producer. His career spans six decades and he holds a record 79 Grammy Award nominations, and 28 Grammys, including a Grammy Legend Award in 1991.

In a wide-ranging interview with GQ magazine, he claims that Ireland is so racist, it's "frightening". He is a friend of Bono's and comments, "[Bono]’s a great guy. I stay at his castle (sic) in Dublin, because Ireland [is] so racist it’s frightening."

Incidentally, he also says the same about Scotland but doesn't elaborate about why he believes this about either country.

It seems to be a silly throw away remark and, strangely, the interviewer didn't question him about it. However, Piesters may differ in their views.

Legendary music producer Quincy Jones says Ireland is 'so racist it's frightening'

Mercurial

Quincy Jones, born in Chicago on March 14, 1933 is an African-American record producer, actor, composer, musician and television and film producer. His career spans six decades and he holds a record 79 Grammy Award nominations, and 28 Grammys, including a Grammy Legend Award in 1991.

In a wide-ranging interview with GQ magazine, he claims that Ireland is so racist, it's "frightening". He is a friend of Bono's and comments, "[Bono]’s a great guy. I stay at his castle (sic) in Dublin, because Ireland [is] so racist it’s frightening."

Incidentally, he also says the same about Scotland but doesn't elaborate about why he believes this about either country.

It seems to be a silly throw away remark and, strangely, the interviewer didn't question him about it. However, Piesters may differ in their views.

Legendary music producer Quincy Jones says Ireland is 'so racist it's frightening'
Yes, the 100% white participants here may indeed have different views about racism in Ireland compared to someone who may actually have experienced it...

Betson

Yes, the 100% white participants here may indeed have different views about racism in Ireland compared to someone who may actually have experienced it...
Do you think he justified in believing Ireland is so racist that he felt he could not leave Bono's 'castle' while he was over here?

Did he think he would be lynched on site if he ventured outside the castle?

Wascurito

What are the chances that he's experienced extensive racism while spending pretty much all his time here chez Bono?

I'd be surprised if he experienced more than one incident.

amist4

And now with the prize for the first racist assumption...

Mercurial

What are the chances that he's experienced extensive racism while spending pretty much all his time here chez Bono?

I'd be surprised if he experienced more than one incident.
He's probably experienced more of it than you have, if that's his opinion.

Mercurial

Do you think he justified in believing Ireland is so racist that he felt he could not leave Bono's 'castle' while he was over here?

Did he think he would be lynched on site if he ventured outside the castle?
I think people who are actually black are probably in a better position to judge than you or I.

silverharp

might have met irish americans, if they were anything like one of aunts, she was as racist as fk, nice lady though

flavirostris

He provides no evidence for this sweeping assertion though? No anecdotes like he went into the local in Dalkey with Bono and the barman immediately pointed at the door.

Wascurito

He's probably experienced more of it than you have, if that's his opinion.
I've experienced numerous incidents of rudeness from Americans in the USA. However, I also recall the more numerous incidents of niceness and so have enough cop-on to not call the USA a frighteningly rude country.

I am Irish, I live here and I do listen to what other Irish people say about black people. Hostile comments are exceedingly rare. If there is significant prejudice in this country, it's directed towards Travellers and to a lesser extent, Muslims IMHO.

DexterGreen22

Ireland and Scotland are two of the least "racist" places in the world. Compare us to more or less every nation in Asia and who is more "racist"?

Believe it or not Quincy Europeans have accepted levels of immigration from Africa and Asia that we never should have tolerated and would not have been tolerated elsewhere (No, cheap migrant labour, oil and gas pipelines haven't been worth it. I'm not sure switching our manufacturing base from China has been either).

Go spend five minutes in China or India and get back to us.....

On the plus side majority White countries no longer seem to be competing to come across as the least racist nations.
Quincy and BLM think we're racist ten years ago would have equaled, "Oh please don't think we're racist".
Now it's a shrug of the shoulders and "Quincy and or some community organiser in Brixton or Chicago thinks we're wacist?" Well, who cares.

We Whites are promoting our interests the same as every other race shamelessly does.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies