• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Quinn given temporary release for Christmas

partnership

I see that Sean Quinn senior has been given compassionate leave for Christmas (not for the christening though). I presume this means that all other prisoners jailed for contempt of court in the future will be treated the same and given compassionate release.

I do not agree that he should be given it as he had it within his own power to purge his contempt and get out. The judge in my opinion copped out by allowing the prison authorities to make the decision even though the law said it was up to the court.

dresden8

When I lived in a less celubrious area of the capital Christmas was hell as they released every scumbag just as all the coppers went on the piss.

ManfredJudge

Of course all those in future jailed for contempt will be allowed out for Christmas otherwise the judiciary would be treating us with contempt.

Truth.ie

Anyone really surprised?
Has his support group lifted their threat of Civil Unrest?

Kev408

I wonder will any heroin addicts serving small sentences for shoplifting be given temporary release for Christmas.

Will they, f*ck.

Mushroom

I wonder will any heroin addicts serving small sentences for shoplifting be given temporary release for Christmas.

Will they, f*ck.
And if they are, how do you reckon that they'll raise the funds to buy their next fix? By committing more crime presumably; or does the VdeP hand out cash to fund such essential purchases these days?

Tin Foil Hat

He should have been denied any temporary release for the simple reason that he asked for some before going in.
"Eh, Judge, I'll do that three months for ya. But can I get a few days off for a family occasion? I'm Sean Quinn, you know".
Startling arrogance that should have been seen to be disregarded. The optics are terrible.

laidback

he should have been asked for a contribution for his temporary release; like many millions. He knows where his money is.

gerrymac

Great news,the Dublin 4 shysters should kicked into jail instead.

james5001

james toney

Has he any plans to go to Ocean bank in Moscow With his son?

Marcos the black

Sean Quinn getting out for Christmas

So Seanie is going home for Christmas.

Jailed tycoon Sean Quinn Snr gets out in time for Christmas - Courts, National News - Independent.ie

"Mr Quinn will spend three days and nights with his family over Christmas following a complex legal wrangle involving the Attorney General, the Justice Minister, the Irish Prison Service and the Governor of Mountjoy Prison."

Seems like a lot of people went to a lot of trouble to make sure this happened.

So what's the situation here? Is this normal procedure? Was Quinn treated the same as every other prisoners who is serving time for a similar offence?

Ulster-Lad

What are the odds he will cross into the North?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies