Quinn is making ground, he is not finished yet!!!

kkkkkkkkkk

Quinns seek lifting of court orders - The Irish Times - Mon, Feb 25, 2013

The family of bankrupt businessman Sean Quinn has claimed the insolvency of Irish Bank Resolution Corporation means the courts must urgently lift orders freezing their accounts below €50 million each and preventing them transferring assets in their international property group. The bank's undertaking for damges on foot of which it got those orders is now "valueless", the family claim.

Alternatively, the family say the special liquidators of IBRC must lodge up to US$500 million dollars in court to meet any claim for damages should they win the case.

Mr Justice Peter Kelly said the matter was urgent and he would hear it next Monday. The price of an injunction is an undertaking for damages from the party seeking that injunction and it would be wrong to permit a "worthless" or "hollow" undertaking" from an insolvent entity, he said.

Looks like quinn is getting places
he may be the big winner yet
if he is proven correct
there will be a lot of questions to answer

Decision made today 15/03/13

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0315/376862-quinns-ibrc/

The decision means the action by Patricia Quinn and her children can proceed once the criminal proceedings against former Anglo Irish Bank chairman Seán FitzPatrick and two senior Anglo executives are concluded.

The Quinns allege they have no liability for some €2.34bn loans advanced by Anglo to Quinn companies on grounds those loans were unlawfully made to prop up the bank's share price

And what about all the other rats at the top of Irish society who are still free

Sean Quinn cost the taxpayer 3 billion
aib cost the taxpayer 13 billion
anglo cost the taxpayer 30 billion
boi cost the taxpayer 3 billion

so wake up clowns, Sean Quinn deserves all he gets

but what has happened to the other rats

NOTHING

Last edited:

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Oooooooooooooooh.

Good point in fairness, the undertaking as to damages is a bedrock to injunctive relief.

paulp

It will take Sean "Sure I made mistakes, but who hasn't" Quinn a long time to accept he's goosed

NewGoldDream

Website
-
It will take Sean "Sure I made mistakes, but who hasn't" Quinn a long time to accept he's goosed
In fairness to him, whatever about the rights and wrongs, and I think he's done a lot of wrong, this is a good point that should not be lost in whether people approve of him or not.

tigerben

I've a feeling he will win out and once again it will be taxpayers money used to compensate him.

Dan_Murphy

He makes a good point, I imagine that the government will just front the 500m fund rather than let him off the hook though.

corelli

It's not a very good point at all, I would think. The Legislation winding up Anglo gives the Minister power to transfer the former Anglo's assets and Liabilities. All the court needs to see is some Ministerial order and hey-presto, case is thrown out.

WTFcitizen

down with that sort of thing

the biggest witchhunt ever seen in this state i hope nama can pull him to oneside look lets do a deal

artfoley56

quinns hardly coming at it with clean hands or through doing equity. hopefully kelly j kicks it to the kerb with the requisite stinging rebuke

kkkkkkkkkk

quinns hardly coming at it with clean hands or through doing equity. hopefully kelly j kicks it to the kerb with the requisite stinging rebuke
he may have a problem this time

corelli

Oh, too lazy to look back, but the obligation to come to equity with clean hands is on the one seeking the injunction/relief, and not necessarilty on someone seekings it's lifting.

However, it's a nice technical point someone found but easily rectified. Quinn won't be getting his injunction lifted Monday, I would have thought.

tigerben

It's not been a fan or even liking the man, but it seems business in Ireland was all done along the lines Quinn did. The only thing was he wasn't a major party political man. Regulation was poor, and as long as it looked okay on the out side and things were good it was all okay. He was not the only person along with the other Sean to cause all the doom in Ireland. There was plenty of people involved and a lot of got away Scott free or flying under the radar or high tailed to the UK. None of the people for declaring themselves piss poor have changed life styles, and in a few years when FF get back in the hand rubbing , back slapping and sure Seanie should have gone to England and he would have been grand will Be used. Alot more worms need to be routed out.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Oh, too lazy to look back, but the obligation to come to equity with clean hands is on the one seeking the injunction/relief, and not necessarilty on someone seekings it's lifting.

However, it's a nice technical point someone found but easily rectified. Quinn won't be getting his injunction lifted Monday, I would have thought.
In fairness to art, would bow to his legal posts and he makes a good point, clean hands is another bedrock of equity. But not sure are they a necessity to a challenge to equitable relief.

Dan_Murphy

Why? because i'm sick of giving money to faceless people and quinn will fight this. all the way to europe
:confused:

I don't think you fully understand the Quinn case. He isn't fighting on you or the Irish peoples behalf.

macnessa

To me also, Sean Quinn is a hero, If only for the huge business enterprise he built from nothing. How many on Politics.ie can make the same claim?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies