Rabbitte calls somebody a bluffer in the Dail.

Holy Cow

Joan Burtons microphone is left on after he speech in the Dail.

Dil ireann Flash Webcasting 512 KBit/sec - Tithe an Oireachtais

As Arthur Morgan got up to speak, Joan could be heard explaining some financial items to Rabbitte, Rabbitte could be heard saying "he's only a bluffer".

Pretty sure he was not referring to Morgan, so he must have been referring to Lenihan.

Mushroom

As Arthur Morgan got up to speak, Joan could be heard explaining some financial items to Rabbitte, Rabbitte could be heard saying "he's only a bluffer".

Pretty sure he was not referring to Morgan, so he must have been referring to Lenihan.

Are you sure it wasn't "he's only a fluffer" referring to Paul Go-go?

Joan Burtons microphone is left on after he speech in the Dail.

Dil ireann Flash Webcasting 512 KBit/sec - Tithe an Oireachtais

Holy Cow, take your pick. There is a circular room filled with bluffers. I wish they would let Rabbitte off the leash more. So okay he didn't work out as Leader of Labour, but to me it was obvious that he would not. He treats everyone the same, no diplomacy hence upsetting the arrogant without reason and the faint hearted amongst them. But by God, if you are in trouble, I'd want him on my side, bastard and all as he is. He will fight like a tiger when riled, but the thing I love best about him is his wit. Does anyone remember that one Ash Wednesday when Ahern the Assinine was in power. Ahern sitting there, with his renewable holy ash on his forehead, the blob getting bigger as more air coverage ensued. And Rabbitte stands up and sneers: "And you, sitting there like a latter day, North-side Gandhi", oh lol. And the drunken pledge wearing gombeen T.D.s all blessing themselves like fury, trying to look horrified at this blasphemy.

Oppenheimer

Up with this sort of thing!

Is this where the term "Politically Correct" derives from? i.e., it is only correct to say things you would say in a political forum? We should have more people saying it as it is and getting specific on the records of people.

brughahaha

Sure Rabbite hasn't been in the headlines for at least 4 days now .... (hows that derivatives claim going Pat?)
He probably cant get out to his personal dressing room in RTE (Rabbite Telefis Eireann)
So give the guy a break .... hes probably just suffering attention withdrawal syndrome

Northtipp

Bluffers! Thats scandulous. No such thing in the Dail. And BTW that Pat Carey speech is right up there with JFK and Martin Luther King. jesus he is good. Ive changed my mind . Im gonna vote FF now-------------NOT

GDPR

Sure Rabbite hasn't been in the headlines for at least 4 days now .... (hows that derivatives claim going Pat?)
Why it shook the state to its very foundations.

In fairness if Rabbitte calls someone a bluffer you'd have to pay attention, there's no one with bluffing experience like Pat.

oggy

Rabbitte is a peculiar person to me. Have always respected his intellect but a permanent sarcastic dependence has always ruined his end product

james toney

In all fairness,he was very restrained in his choice of language.

ymmek

Rabbitte is a peculiar person to me. Have always respected his intellect but a permanent sarcastic dependence has always ruined his end product
I think we should not be too hard on Rabbitte for his bluffer remark,after all he had to show some restraint and he could not do a "Gogarty"

He is an enigma oggy. No doubt. I sometimes used to think he's just not cut out for politics. He sees the ridiculous in what most take as normal, and can cut one to the quick with a look, but he has a heart of gold, which I found out to my surprise many years ago. A heart of gold, and would kill if anyone knew.

ruamruam

But by God, if you are in trouble, I'd want him on my side, bastard and all as he is. He will fight like a tiger when riled, but the thing I love best about him is his wit.
I wish he would fight like a tiger but he all huff and puff more interested in showing off his wit than doing anything of substance.

If he had any backbone he would come out and say he will not honour the so called bailout

Northtipp

Pat Rabitte shouting and bawling at the 306 year old Pat Carey doesnt make him a tiger. Dont get me wrong I think he has a lot of the hallmarks of a decent politician but if he really had a pair of cahoona's, really, he would say he will not support or implement the deal, that he will not enter goverment with those who will continue to support and implement it and he would either get a motion of NC going against this govt or support anyone esle in their attempts to do so. Then he will be a tiger

Paddy Sarkozy

Bluffers! Thats scandulous. No such thing in the Dail. And BTW that Pat Carey speech is right up there with JFK and Martin Luther King. jesus he is good. Ive changed my mind . Im gonna vote FF now-------------NOT

A timely filleting of Carey too by Rabbite - Carey always gives the impression of a man trying to imitate a mouse - "I'll say nothing so no one notices I'm here in the corner, keep me trap shut and head down, and make it through the other side with a big fat pension!"
Small wonder our country's so far down the toilet when all we've got is the likes of Carey fighting our corner!

Northtipp

A timely filleting of Carey too by Rabbite - Carey always gives the impression of a man trying to imitate a mouse - "I'll say nothing so no one notices I'm here in the corner, keep me trap shut and head down, and make it through the other side with a big fat pension!"
Small wonder our country's so far down the toilet when all we've got is the likes of Carey fighting our corner!
Cary and his like will never fight our corner. They will fight for their own self preservation and interest and that normally means money at the root of it all.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies