• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Rabbitte: "Gov. wont pay PN in March" = more Kite flying?

SKELLY

So i here Rabbitte on the week in politics programme that the gov. will not be paying the PN next March.

Now, we have been here before, the fiscal treaty was supposedly only palitable only if we got a bank debt deal.

Then there was the June statement heralded by Gilmore and Kenny as some sort of "monumental achievement"

Then we were told that we would have a deal by October.

Then Noonan said a deal before the budget would be helpful.

Now today we have Rabbitte stating the above. but as with all this spoofery here is Rabbittes get out clause

He said the European Central Bank was a difficult institution to "bring around" to stamping the deal Ireland needs on the promissory note.

But Minister Rabbitte said he believes it will happen before the payment is due next March.
Govt do not intend to pay promissory note in March - RTÉ News

Last edited:

southwestkerry

What civil servant told him to say that I must wounder?
SWK
PS is their a big band due some day soon... are they trying to soften us up for something... your getting paranoid swk.

emulator

So i heard Rabbitte on the News at one say that the gov. will not be paying the PN next March.

Now, we have been here before, the fiscal treaty was supposedly only palitable only if we got a bank debt deal.

Then there was the June statement heralded by Gilmore and Kenny as some sort of "monumental achievement"

Now today we have Rabbitte stating the above. but as with all this spoofery here is Rabbittes get out clause

Yeah.... they'll defer it like the last one and claim it as an outstanding success.

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

So i heard Rabbitte on the News at one say that the gov. will not be paying the PN next March.

DELUDED as ever.

Rabbitte is seriously caught in the EU head-lights (and has been for a while).

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

What Honohan just said is that Anglo Irish Bank will pay every little cent of the promissory notes guaranteed but they might need a bit more time. Time means it will be even more expensive, Rabbitte should choose his words very carefully here.

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Communications Minister Pat Rabbitte has said that the country will not pay the €3.1bn promissory note for former Anglo Irish Bank when it is due in March.
Gauntlet?

sethjem7

Just wait for the host of interpretations and the political double speak around this.

Neutron

No offence to the OP, but Sync has canned the wrong thread.

The other thread was started at 5.11 and this thread at 5.12.

Usless mods.

Goa Tse

Bull - fuckin'- shít from Rabbitte.

Of course they're gonna pay the fuckin thing. Spineless pension collecting gombeens.

Maybe there are people out there who still believe this kind of crap, but I'm not one of them, thank fuck.

southwestkerry

No offence to the OP, but Sync has canned the wrong thread.

The other thread was started at 5.11 and this thread at 5.12.

Usless mods.
Its Sunday... they are only 1/3 working.:)
SWK

sport02

Earlier in the year Pat got s slap on the wrist for being a bold boy telling the WSJ a deal on
the promissory notes was iminent. We're still waiting Pat more than six months later for a deal.

Hewson

This Is just Labour trying to divert attention from their shameful home carers cut.

Why didn't Noonan say what Rabbitte is saying? It's his baby.

Tawdy

Believing in what pat the rabbite has to say about any future action is nearly as good as accepting that all the in&m rags are the most trusted media in Ireland!:roll:

Con Gallagher

Will this be:
A - a repeat of the Enron style accounting trick of last year
B- a unilateral default
C - a deal whereby it looks like B, but is actually A (ie young taxpayers and future earners will pay for it)?

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Communications Minister Pat Rabbitte has said that the country will not pay the €3.1bn promissory note for former Anglo Irish Bank when it is due in March.
Gauntlet?
Maybe not...

Also from the RTÉ link:

He told RTÉ's The Week in Politics that the Government can not pay this "IOU" entered into by the last Government after the collapse of Anglo Irish Bank. He said the European Central Bank was a difficult institution to "bring around" to stamping the deal Ireland needs on the promissory note. But Minister Rabbitte said he believes it will happen before the payment is due next March.
Is this double-speak or what? Rabbitte is reported as saying that the government can not pay this IOU and then goes on to say that he hopes to bring the ECB around before the March 2013 payment...

niall78

You can't believe a word out of Rabbittes mouth. A proven liar with a track record of untruths, lies, deception and bluster.

If he told me it was raining I'd look out the window to make sure before getting my coat.

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Will this be:
A - a repeat of the Enron style accounting trick of last year
B- a unilateral default
C - a deal whereby it looks like B, but is actually A (ie young taxpayers and future earners will pay for it)?
I suspect it's a touch of "I wonder how the ECB will react if I say this?" (i.e. hinting at A or B). Kite flying.

niall78

Is this double-speak or what? Rabbitte is reported as saying that the government can not pay this IOU and then goes on to say that he hopes to bring the ECB around before the March 2013 payment...
Yeah it's doublespeak. We are paying all his advisors mega wages to come up with this type of underhand gombeen deception.

Tawdy

You can't believe a word out of Rabbittes mouth. A proven liar with a track record of untruths, lies, deception and bluster.

If he told me it was raining I'd look out the window to make sure before getting my coat.

I`d get into the swimming togs and get the sun tan oil out! Without checking! :p