• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Rabbitte in U-turn on Anglo debt talk

SPN

After all his guff and chest puffing, Rabbitte has had to back down on his recent BS talk about the PNs.

Rabbitte in U-turn on Anglo debt talk - National News - Independent.ie

And in typical grandstanding fashion, he goes off on a tangent to try and distract from his cosk up.

He also suggested the "constant denigration" of politics by the media could lead to the emergence of a dictatorship in Ireland.
No Mr Rabbitte, what will lead to a change in Ireland will be the Tweedlee, Tweedledum and Tweedledumber political merrygoround that sees waffle and spin given precedence over making real change.

The time for waffle is over.

Analyzer

Plump bunny has being doing U-turns, donuts, and figure of eight turns all his life.

We would have all been better off if he never entered politics, but became a boy racer who nevre grew up instead.

ger12

"That's not what I said. What I said is that we wouldn't be paying it and that's a different matter to trying to present my remark as default," he told Newstalk radio yesterday.

Poor Pat, he's struggling and failing with having to find fair and honest solutions rather than barking from the opposition benches. The nasty media hobbits are twisting his words or making him say it.

A view from England

Mr Rabbitte. The reason that the good people of Ireland and a lot of other countries are denigrating politics and politicians is the extremely low calibre of person who had/is taking up politics as a career. Your lack of ability has been found out in recent years and the failure of many politicians to put country before party and plan for the future rather than pander to today's electorate has exacerbated the current financial concerns around the world because you did not consider that history could repeat itself.

Instead of trying to play the "big man", consider why you and your colleagues in Dail Eireaan failed to learn from the past and let Ireland become so mired in debt and left so vulnerable. It was the politicians who let this happen. Bertie and Charlie and the like and the ordinary TD's like you were happy to support them.
Shut up, stop making yourself look like an idiot and instead work with your German masters in a professional and grown up manner to cut the debt load that Ireland is currently having to pay because of your and your ilk's failure to plan and instead play at parish pump politics.

tigerben

Instead of turning the many corners , Rabbitte prefers trying to run rings around the electorate. He should cut down on the Lyons tea, we now know he talks the talk, but that's just what you do, another little clip for the VB show!

Porkypie

Mr Rabbitte. The reason that the good people of Ireland and a lot of other countries are denigrating politics and politicians is the extremely low calibre of person who had/is taking up politics as a career. Your lack of ability has been found out in recent years and the failure of many politicians to put country before party and plan for the future rather than pander to today's electorate has exacerbated the current financial concerns around the world because you did not consider that history could repeat itself.

Instead of trying to play the "big man", consider why you and your colleagues in Dail Eireaan failed to learn from the past and let Ireland become so mired in debt and left so vulnerable. It was the politicians who let this happen. Bertie and Charlie and the like and the ordinary TD's like you were happy to support them.
Shut up, stop making yourself look like an idiot and instead work with your German masters in a professional and grown up manner to cut the debt load that Ireland is currently having to pay because of your and your ilk's failure to plan and instead play at parish pump politics.
Any politician who admits to telling lies to feed his own greed should not be taken seriously and should definitely not be in the "law making business". It's time to weed out the liars and their comrades.

Hand of Abbadon

We have already discussed this guy. He is a waste of space as a minister or even TD. The trouble is his arrogance is such that he will never see that in himself. Between himself and Gilmore the they are damaging this Govt no end and maybe that is not a bad thing if it makes the rest of them wake up and see what they are imposing on the rest of us day in day out.

gombeennation

"Until the negotiations are concluded, I'm not going to get into the business of suggesting what the outcome might be."

well rabbit - you DID get into the business when you said last month about us not paying.
everyone ( including enda ) knows we paid the last 3 billion - and knows we are going to pay the next 3 billion in 2 months time.

why? because our 'leaders' are more afraid their euro leaders than they are of the irish people.
and in fairness they are correct.
the worst we will do , is have a half arrsed march down o connol street - with 90% of the population not even knowing what is going on.

we deserve everything we get.

the next a-hole who moans about lack of services for their kid/themselves/their parents will get no sympathy from me.
not when 3 thousand milllion euro is been given away and they dont even know/care.

True Republican

rabbitte is another gilmore all full of bluffing and bs.

im axeled

After all his guff and chest puffing, Rabbitte has had to back down on his recent BS talk about the PNs.

Rabbitte in U-turn on Anglo debt talk - National News - Independent.ie

And in typical grandstanding fashion, he goes off on a tangent to try and distract from his cosk up.

No Mr Rabbitte, what will lead to a change in Ireland will be the Tweedlee, Tweedledum and Tweedledumber political merrygoround that sees waffle and spin given precedence over making real change.

The time for waffle is over.
you call him mr rabbitte, what/why does he deserve to be addressed as mr.

Howya

"That's not what I said. What I said is that we wouldn't be paying it and that's a different matter to trying to present my remark as default," he told Newstalk radio yesterday.

Poor Pat, he's struggling and failing with having to find fair and honest solutions rather than barking from the opposition benches. The nasty media hobbits are twisting his words or making him say it.
So let's see if I understand this correctly - if I tell my bank manager that I am not paying next month's mortage then that's ok because I'm not defaulting on my loan contract?:confused:

Howya

And by Rabbite's definition we don't have a mortage arrears problem.....

SPN

Now I know why the OP is in the political humour section:lol:
There is a humorous side to the grandstanding antics of Amateur-FF, particularly the hilarious carry on of spoofers like Rabbitte, Gilmore and Shortall.

I think the mods should give consideration to merging the humour and Amateur-FF sections as they are synonymous.

gombeennation

There is a humorous side to the grandstanding antics of Amateur-FF, particularly the hilarious carry on of spoofers like Rabbitte, Gilmore and Shortall.

I think the mods should give consideration to merging the humour and Amateur-FF sections as they are synonymous.
disagree - nothing amatuerish about blueFF at all.
name any other amatuers getting as much money as blueFF.

lots of names for them - "amatuers"? - no fking way.