• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Racial segregation in the UK.

NewDawn1

Parts of the UK are becoming racially segregated and this process is happening at an incredibly fast rate. For example, Tower Hamlets in London, from the 2011 census it has a white population of 45.2%. This is largely caused by white people moving out. Following recent trends, this statistic in just two years will have lowered significantly since. (It also includes all white people so the figure for white British inhabitants is significantly lower still).
Neighbourhood Statistics

The video below discusses the issue:

[video=youtube;7TCrUCv-sxs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TCrUCv-sxs[/video]

'We are sleepwalking our way to segregation'
Trevor Philips from the Commission for Racial Equality in 2005.

It seems hard to imagine that this matter will not cause great problems in the UK in the not too distant future. Is there anything positive that can be done about it?

Last edited:

NewDawn1

Stop wealthy Arabs, Russians and Chinese people forcing up the house prices beyond ridiculousness here? Stop middle class white people wanting affordable houses with a garden?
Tower Hamlets has always been a deprived area. So why have all those white working class people moved out? did you watch the video?

Politics matters

I would love to see what Ultra liberals like Mercurial woud have to say about this, when he obviously cannot make the "Wascist" argument here. If anything this is an incident of racism, racism directed at whites that is.

Tower Hamlets has always been a deprived area. So why have all those white working class people moved out? did you watch the video?
I know Tower Hamlets well, as I lived in New Cross at one point. The ghettoisation is a product of a number of factors - immigrants often being poor they gravitate to the poorer areas of London. They also often end up where they know there is already an established community from their place of origin (just like us Irish did). They are also not helped by a refusal by the authorities to try and integrate them (and they should do more themselves too).

Poor working class white areas are thus overburdened with the challenge of immigration, their communities transformed and uprooted, with middle-class policy-makers all too eager to dismiss their complaints as racism while not living with the consequences themselves. That's not, however, to say that quite a lot of the people complaining aren't racists - often they are. But that doesn't mean that all are, nor even that some complaints made by people who are racist are necessarily objectively untrue.

Multiculturalism is one extreme end of a spectrum with enforced monoculturalism (as in France) on the other - the solution is somewhere inbetween. A deliberate policy of encouraging integration, dispersing immigrants as best as possible within the country, and a sensible limit to immigration (though not, I suspect, anywhere near as limited as you are proposing) would help.

Munnkeyman

I would love to see what Ultra liberals like Mercurial woud have to say about this, when he obviously cannot make the "Wascist" argument here. If anything this is an incident of racism, racism directed at whites that is.
Whites that is what?

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
Guardianistas dont care, they can live in nice areas and express indignant horror at the perceived racism of the working class folks moving out of these areas while explaining away their own preferences as wanting to live in areas with "good schools" etc.

Their aloofness towards this is the phenomena of Infantile invincibility - like the child, nothing is real if it doesn't affect them.

Whats pushing up house prices in England isnt a few rich foreigners, its continual mass immigration. I pity anyone who aspires to home ownership in London, must be awful if you are a native londoner.

Politics matters

Guardianistas dont care, they can live in nice areas and express indignant horror at the perceived racism of the working class folks moving out of these areas while explaining away their own preferences as wanting to live in areas with "good schools" etc.

Their aloofness towards this is the phenomena of Infantile invincibility - like the child, nothing is real if it doesn't affect them.

Whats pushing up house prices in England isnt a few rich foreigners, its continual mass immigration. I pity anyone who aspires to home ownership in London, must be awful if you are a native londoner.
In your first paragraph, you must be describing Alan Shatter, correct?

drummed

Anyways......why is we all so worried about the Brits?
I don't live there. How does this impact on me. Exactly?

NewDawn1

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
Of course to those who dont know the craic, two trolls have arrived to destroy any kind of continuity of discussion on this thread. Do not engage.

drummed

Of course to those who dont know the craic, two trolls have arrived to destroy any kind of continuity of discussion on this thread. Do not engage.
What continuity? The 'we has to kill the blick lads before they kill us' discussion?

Can we just for once develop a new theme?

kvran

Parts of the UK are becoming racially segregated and this process is happening at an incredibly fast rate. For example, Tower Hamlets in London, from the 2011 census has a white population of 45.2% and this is largely caused by white people moving out. Following recent trends, this statistic in just two years will have lowered significantly since. (It also includes all white people so the figure for white British inhabitants is significantly lower still).
Neighbourhood Statistics

The video below discusses the issue:

[video=youtube;7TCrUCv-sxs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TCrUCv-sxs[/video]

Trevor Philips from the Commission for Racial Equality in 2005.

It seems hard to imagine that this matter will not cause great problems in the UK in the not too distant future. Is there anything positive that can be done about it?
Well UKIP aren't going to do anything about this perceived problem, from a former BNP member:

UKIP is 'a political scam' - says controversial MEP - Public Service Europe

fecker

Mercurial is not an 'ultra liberal'. Whatever that is supposed to mean.

If you want to challange him on this topic, pm him and tell him you want his views on this thread. Bye the bye, religious intolerance is not, racism. It's sectarian.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies