• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Racism is Racism. How can we solve this problem? Who can be racist?

EUrJokingMeRight

We hear about racism all the time. It is a growing problem. How can we solve the problem?

Well firstly we need to recognise that there is a problem.

Then we need to recognise the scope of the problem.

This is where Ireland falls down. We pigeonhole racism and limits its discussion to a white on black racism. It is a serious issue and needs a holistic approach, not a 'racist' approach.:lol:

But anyone can be racist. It is not the sole enclave of white caucasian people. Asians can be racist, Africans can be racist. Anyone can be racist.

Thankfully the USA has moved away from the point where black people could not sit on a bus without getting racially abused/attacked. However black people still get attacked because of their skin colour. White people get attacked because of their skin colour. As can Asians.

Before we can solve the problem we need to understand the scope and the scale of the problem.

We need to weed out the racists of all races and apply the rule of law equally to offenders whatever their racial makeup.

We still have just over two racist incidents per week but thankfully the number of incidents are decreasing.

Statistics - Racist Incidents Crime

Certain types of racism are not recorded as race related crime so I am not sure how accurate the figures above are because they are not broke down by race.

Some people do not believe black people can be racist.
Black people cannot be racist, says former Ken Livingstone aide - Telegraph

Some people believe they can be racist.
[video=youtube;DVd1eD__yPU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVd1eD__yPU[/video]

There was this....
'Race hate' gang in Temple Bar orgy of violence - News, Frontpage - Herald.ie

So we need to actually understand and challenge the preconception that 'racism' is only a white phenomenon.

It is not. Believing otherwise allows those that hide behind false cries of 'racism' to continue using 'racism' to destabilise relations between all cultures in our community.

So a serious question.........Why is 'racism' so racist in Ireland?

ruserious

It's always easier to blame outsiders who look different as it takes away the focus for ones own capabilities.

''They took our jobs''.

EUrJokingMeRight

It's always easier to blame outsiders who look different as it takes away the focus for ones own capabilities.

''They took our jobs''.

The OP is not about that at all Ruserious.

ruserious

There's two kinds of racism here in Ireland.
Those who are racist towards physical attributes such as colour. This is the worst kind.
There is also a lot of flack for the Roma. I think here, people just hate their culture and not their physical attrributes as it were so is this racism?

EUrJokingMeRight

There's two kinds of racism here in Ireland.
Those who are racist towards physical attributes such as colour. This is the worst kind.
There is also a lot of flack for the Roma. I think here, people just hate their culture and not their physical attrributes as it were so is this racism?
I doubt there is a 'worst' kind of racism. All racism is bad.

Fr.Ted Crilly

Racism has been around forever.
There will always be racism.
All the bu11sh1te threads on the planet will not change that fact one bit.
Get over it.

Crazy horse 6

People are tribal. I've lived all around the world and its the one constant I've noticed. People like to mix with their own race. Multiculturalism does not work.

sidney waddell

You can't even call somebody a nlgger these days and not get called a racist. Political correctness gone mad, so it is.

EUrJokingMeRight

All those blacks are racists.
Some are, most are not.

That is my point. According to a general misconception none are. Which is untrue. Racists should not go unchallenged even if they are not white.

EUrJokingMeRight

I'd personally like to welcome all those unable to debate the OP :D

Asparagus

Racism has been around forever.
There will always be racism.
All the bu11sh1te threads on the planet will not change that fact one bit.
Get over it.
Well i for one will not be racist after reading this thread.

trueman

All those blacks are racists.
Only because they have been directed that way! racism was explained to me years ago by an american i met in town some 20 odd years ago. ("Anti Racism Is Anti White") is what he said to me... and he was right...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies