Racist attacks on Irish People - how can we stop them continuing?

Catalpast

I read today disturbing news of racist attacks on Irish People

- incl. one in which Irish kids were sprayed with Bleach!:shock:

Isn't it about time we clamped down on this sort of thing?

Surely the National Press should be more on the ball in highlighting Racist Incidents instead of ignoring them

- because I cant recall any of the ones mentioned in the report below

Does anyone ever remember reading about any of these ever

- I don't!

Irish Children left with burns after being sprayed with bleach in racist incident

Please help if you can

Racism: Together we can crack it.....

Munnkeyman

Morgellons

Maybe if we gave them more money as compensation they might forgive us.

Strawberry

Some of the things mentioned in that article just sound like drunken hi jinks. Not the bleach attack, that's nasty, but shouting Allahu Akbar at Arabs in the street for example. That's just drunk people, not racism.

Munnkeyman

Some of the things mentioned in that article just sound like drunken hi jinks. Not the bleach attack, that's nasty, but shouting Allahu Akbar at Arabs in the street for example. That's just drunk people, not racism.
Drunks can't be racist because they're drunk? What about a sober racist who then becomes a drunk racist?
Or an unconsciously racist person whose racism is only manifest when they're drunk? I'm a bit slow on this point!

Wagmore

I read today disturbing news of racist attacks on Irish People

- incl. one in which Irish kids were sprayed with Bleach!:shock:

Isn't it about time we clamped down on this sort of thing?

Surely the National Press should be more on the ball in highlighting Racist Incidents instead of ignoring them

- because I cant recall any of the ones mentioned in the report below

Does anyone ever remember reading about any of these ever

- I don't!

Irish Children left with burns after being sprayed with bleach in racist incident

Please help if you can

Racism: Together we can crack it.....
Sleepwalking into an "Irish Trump!!!!!!" What a thing to say-assumption that Trump is racist + assumption that anyone reading article will take it as read that Trump is racist. Attacks looked highly objectionable and wrong but didn't read rest of article because of such agenda-driven writing.

PC Principle

I've been on the receiving end of plenty off anti white racism both physical and verbal from blacks over the last 20 years.

Anti white racism is very real and I'd say whites are the majority of victims but you can't say that and the MSM never reports it.

Just today I was in a Diner in Queens and heard Black and Hispanic school girls racially abuse a 'non present' Asian person. They were calling her an "Asian B/tch" amongst other things.

All you hear about is well over blown racism perpetrated by whites.

Yesterday on ABC they had a report on white supremacists who supported Trump, they were trying to support the narrative that white supremacy is on the up since Trump got voted in. But you never hear about Farrakhan or the Black Panthers either now or when they were emboldened when Obama was elected.

Reasunach

Simple answer: we can't. People will be people and bullies will be bullies. What we CAN do is punish obviously racist behaviour such as the bleach throwing and refusal to serve people etc, but we will never stop people from being racist.

Strawberry

Drunks can't be racist because they're drunk? What about a sober racist who then becomes a drunk racist?
Or an unconsciously racist person whose racism is only manifest when they're drunk? I'm a bit slow on this point!
What I mean is that someone could shout something stupid like that while drunk thinking they're funny, and then when sober be all embarrassed and apologetic about it. That's not the same thing at all as someone throwing bleach at black children, that's just nasty.

Munnkeyman

I dunno, just throw more money at them and they might forgive us Irish for being nasty racists.
Well that's just a flaky response, poor debating right there. It all seems superfluous and facile, doesn't it?

Morgellons

Well that's just a flaky response, poor debating right there. It all seems superfluous and facile, doesn't it?
No, just give them more money and stuff-they like it when we do that. And maybe if we give them enough they won't mind the odd bit of casual racist abuse. Just an idea, like.

Catalpast

Sleepwalking into an "Irish Trump!!!!!!" What a thing to say-assumption that Trump is racist + assumption that anyone reading article will take it as read that Trump is racist. Attacks looked highly objectionable and wrong but didn't read rest of article because of such agenda-driven writing.
But its all True

- isn't it?

Munnkeyman

What I mean is that someone could shout something stupid like that while drunk thinking they're funny, and then when sober be all embarrassed and apologetic about it. That's not the same thing at all as someone throwing bleach at black children, that's just nasty.
Well nasty drunks can be the nastiest arseholes about. They're not the same thing, granted - but it shouldn't be so flippantly excused.

Munnkeyman

No, just give them more money and stuff-they like it when we do that. And maybe if we give them enough they won't mind the odd bit of casual racist abuse. Just an idea, like.

They? They won't mind?

Strawberry

Well nasty drunks can be the nastiest arseholes about. They're not the same thing, granted - but it shouldn't be so flippantly excused.
They can, but people can act the eejit drunk too without meaning anything malicious. Let's not always attribute the most sinister motives to everyone.

New Threads

Most Replies