RAfest Forcing Protestants To Flee

between the bridges

Sectarian chanting at an international festival in Londonderry on Sunday night...

Some attendees at Oktoberfest felt they were forced to leave after the band Kelly's Men started chanting "Up the IRA", said David Ramsey.

He said constituents across the divide have been in touch with him to express their disgust.

"This is an international festival that takes place in a public place," said Mr Ramsey of the festival, which is taking place in Guildhall Square.
"This didn't just take place last night, it happened all weekend because there were a number of bands playing.

"There were people in there with Protestant friends who felt like they had to leave."

"There were 206 people murdered by the IRA in Londonderry. Here we have a festival glorifying murder. I just can't get my head around it," said David Ramsey, a councillor in the Waterside area of the city.

"It's hard to understand how this happened - it's like something you'd see at a private club and that's their own business but not in a public space. A lot of people have been left in disgust in shock and disgust that this was happening in their city,"

Given the comments made about sectarian chants at a private function, wan will stand back a watch the rush to condemn such at a public event...

Last edited:

NYCKY

Sectarian chanting at an international festival in Londonderry on Sunday night...

Some attendees at Oktoberfest felt they were forced to leave after the band Kelly's Men started chanting "Up the IRA", said David Ramsey.

He said constituents across the divide have been in touch with him to express their disgust.

"This is an international festival that takes place in a public place," said Mr Ramsey of the festival, which is taking place in Guildhall Square.
"This didn't just take place last night, it happened all weekend because there were a number of bands playing.

"There were people in there with Protestant friends who felt like they had to leave."

"There were 206 people murdered by the IRA in Londonderry. Here we have a festival glorifying murder. I just can't get my head around it," said David Ramsey, a councillor in the Waterside area of the city.

"It's hard to understand how this happened - it's like something you'd see at a private club and that's their own business but not in a public space. A lot of people have been left in disgust in shock and disgust that this was happening in their city,"

Given the comments made about sectarian chants at a private function, wan will stand back a watch the rush to condemn such at a public event...
Which private function?

between the bridges

FYI this RAfest should not be confused with other RAfest's, the only connection is that they're cross community Rafest's in public shared space's...

AhNowStop

Poor butt hurt insecure wee beneath the bridge at it again I see .. tis pity this demented eejit needs

he must be loving whats happening with the DUPlicitous party & Co at the minute :unsure: 😂 ... these crackpots always ramp things up when they're feeling the pressure, so we should expect to see more & more "unionist outrage" in the coming days & weeks ;)

feck but this is funny to watch 😂

between the bridges

True to form Ahnowslobbering can't bring himself to condemn anything to do with his beloved IRA hero's...

raetsel

I have absolutely no problem condemning such offensive behaviour. The IRA murdered a lot of innocent people, and not just Protestants, and it is the easiest thing in the world for me to say that I instinctively understand how objective and idiotic this sort of behaviour is. It offends me personally, and I think it is another example of moronic fukkwittery just like the wedding couple.

AhNowStop

True to form Ahnowslobbering can't bring himself to condemn anything to do with his beloved IRA hero's...
Ah ye know how it is son, Im far too busy laughing my head off at you and the other dopey crackpot fukwits stamping yer wee insecure feet, going into meltdown and trying to deflect from all this self harm brexit thats going on .. do remember to thank your beloved DUPlicitous party now wont you wee son ;) 😂 😂

former wesleyan

Wazer flegs ?

between the bridges

I have absolutely no problem condemning such offensive behaviour. The IRA murdered a lot of innocent people, and not just Protestants, and it is the easiest thing in the world for me to say that I instinctively understand how objective and idiotic this sort of behaviour is. It offends me personally, and I think it is another example of moronic fukkwittery just like the wedding couple.
TBF decent comment, just a pity it doesn't stop you from voting for SF...

McSlaggart

What criteria do you think should be applied to events in the open air? This was a privately run function so its important that the standards set is applied equally to all privately run events.

death or glory

What criteria do you think should be applied to events in the open air? This was a privately run function so its important that the standards set is applied equally to all privately run events.
This wasn't a private function, it was privately run.
Would you allow ooh aah up the Ra to be played in your workplace.

death or glory

Great OP which highlight Reb hypocrisy.

raetsel

TBF decent comment, just a pity it doesn't stop you from voting for SF...
As you know, Fermanagh South Tyrone swings back and forth on very fine margins, sometimes as fine as under 100 votes. I abstained in 2015 because I didn't see the point in voting: the election was effectively a two horse race and I didn't support either.
Brexit changed my mind because it affected me tangibly, in my pocket. I'd rather have voted for a candidate who'd take their seat but that choice was effectively not available, so taking out a pro-Brexit MP was the next best option. The DUP have been conspicuously ambiguous for years about their relationship with loyalist paramilitaries and it is no secret that Ian Paisley founded two terrorist groups himself. Is a unionist who votes for them endorsing that behaviour?
The Troubles are over and it is time that people started to think about other issues and vote for their pockets.

death or glory

It would depend on the workplace. If it was a private function in a bar then yes.
I was chatting about your workplace, would you let it be sung?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies