• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

RAG Presents: Two documentary films concerning the legalisation of abortion

Ramon Mercadar

I'm not involved in the organisation of this event but thought that y'awl might be interested.

RAG Presents: Two documentary films concerning the legalisation of abortion

Wednesday, 21 November 2012, 7.30 pm
Filmbase
Curved Street, Temple Bar, 2 Dublin, Ireland

1. Abortion Democracy: Poland/South Africa
abortion democracy poland - south africa
This documentary feature explores and contrasts changes in Poland and South Africa regarding abortion laws and their impact on the lives of women. In the 90's, Poland banned abortion due to the increasing influence of the Catholic Church after the fall of communism; around the same time South Africa legalized it, reforming the health system after the fall of apartheid. The film reveals how the legal status of women is a direct result of the silencing or empowering of women's voices.

2. The Coat Hanger Project
The Coat Hanger Project Home Page
A documentary about the history of abortion in the US, recent attempts to ban abortion there, and the fight to keep the right to choose.

Proceeds from donations taken at the door will be given to Choice Ireland and the Abortion Support Network.

RAG - revolutionary anarcha-feminist group RAG - revolutionary anarcha-feminist group

Choice Ireland Choice Ireland | A web site of pro-choice activists in Ireland Choice Ireland | Facebook

MariaMcN

'Choice Ireland' who believe in abortion on demand with no time limits. What a lovely bunch of people!

:roll:

Ramon Mercadar

Choice Ireland believe that Choice should cover a wide range of options.

What Do We Want?

Free Access to Accurate Information on All Crisis Pregnancy Options
Legislation Regulating Information Provided by Crisis-Pregnancy Centres
Immediate Legislation for the X and C Cases
Proper Sex-Education
Free Access to Multiple Forms of Contraception Including the Morning-After Pill
Free and Legal Abortion on Demand
High-Quality Post-Abortion Care
End to Stigma Surrounding Abortion
Practical Support for Women Seeking Abortion
End to Stigma Surrounding Sexual Health and Contraceptive Needs
Increased Support for Single and Low-Income Parents
Increased Protection for Working Mothers
Free Access to Quality Childcare
End to Stigma Surrounding Single Parenthood
Choice in the Method of Childbirth
Creation of More Feminist Health Centres
Founding Documents | Choice Ireland

Half Nelson

'Choice Ireland' who believe in abortion on demand with no time limits. What a lovely bunch of people!
'Choice Ireland', who lost their voices when IFPA clinics were found to be giving dangerous advice to women.

stopdoingstuff

While we are on the topic of abortion, it would be helpful if someone said something really offensive about minorities too, because these abortion threads are usually very uncontroversial affairs and they need spicing up.

Tea Party Patriot

Thanks for the heads up, now at least I know to never again attend a screening of anything in Filmbase if they are willing to allow this sort of propaganda to be shown on their screens.

Ramon Mercadar

Are they available on Blu-ray, Ramie.

Have the Labrador booked in to be put down on the 21st.

Schucks!!
No! Don't put your lover down.

Ramon Mercadar

Thanks for the heads up, now at least I know to never again attend a screening of anything in Filmbase if they are willing to allow this sort of propaganda to be shown on their screens.
Strange attitude for a Libertarian.

Ramon Mercadar

While we are on the topic of abortion, it would be helpful if someone said something really offensive about minorities too, because these abortion threads are usually very uncontroversial affairs and they need spicing up.
I hate mane Cavan b@stards.

Tea Party Patriot

Strange attitude for a Libertarian.
No, they are free to show what they like, and I am free not to ever part with any of my money to them again because I don't agree with it. That is still within the bounds of free speech.

If you are referring to the abortion issue, the debate within libertarianism on abortion has two strands, one which views the foetus as a non-person and therefore without rights and the other which views the foetus as a person and therefore with the right to be protected from violence. Not exactly much different to the ongoing abortion debate really.

Tea Party Patriot

I will say Ramon that your social life attending all these types of event would probably either kill me of boredom or make my head explode, I am not sure which if I were to follow your regular agenda!

Ramon Mercadar

I will say Ramon that your social life attending all these types of event would probably either kill me of boredom or make my head explode, I am not sure which if I were to follow your regular agenda!
I don't attend all of the events I advertise but I did go to the Theo @ TCD tonight. Interesting talk by Mike Garde of Dialogue Ireland on Cultism.