Raising revenue through Sales tax lottery

YesSireeeBob

Raising revenue through Vat Receipt lottery

I think this is a great idea, much better than the text tax.

with the black market taking off in a big way this would be a great way to ensure tax compliance and raise funds.

We could include taxis, tradespeople and other sole traders as well as shops.

No one could complain as this is just compliance not a tax increase.

Taiwan has a prize every 2 months, I think we would need to do it ever week and have it on tv as well. Announce the winners at the same time as the Lotto.

Taiwan Lottery Receipt Lottery Winning Numbers
Taiwan collects sales tax through a lottery

All receipts in Taiwanese shops are similar to each other. Every receipt has its unique ID. For some people, this ID is a lucky number. Once in every two months, the the winner gets a prize through a lottery run by the government. Winners are announced on the website of the Ministry of Finance.

Why did the Taiwanese government turn receipt collection into the national game? The answer is very simple. This is how Taiwanese government ensures all businesses report their sales revenues to the state and thereby pay full tax. Why? Customers always demand their receipts in a bid to win the prize. This way, all purchased goods and services go through official billing procedure.

Some shops have even installed baskets for receipts collection.

Last edited:

YesSireeeBob

Cracking idea indeed. Another one would be to tax lottery winnings.
how much would you tax the winnings?

I think 10% on any prize over 50k might work.

in 2009 €438.3 million was distributed in cash prizes.

Alot of those would be scratch cards, lower prizes.

So it might only raise 20 million or so but in these times everything counts.

Baddaddy

It would also create a few jobs by calibrating all cash registers to a common code.

Vat returns become almost automatic, taxes would be almost automatic

Brilliant idea, everyones a winner.

atlantic

I was in China 6 years ago and they were doing this with all till receipts.the black economy was raging it would make shag all difference.
You had more independance that time in China to make mula ,than in this commie dog of a country.
I think this is a great idea, much better than the text tax.

with the black market taking off in a big way this would be a great way to ensure tax compliance and raise funds.

We could include taxis, tradespeople and other sole traders as well as shops.

No one could complain as this is just compliance not a tax increase.

Taiwan has a prize every 2 months, I think we would need to do it ever week and have it on tv as well. Announce the winners at the same time as the Lotto.

Taiwan Lottery Receipt Lottery Winning Numbers
Taiwan collects sales tax through a lottery

jackryan

Actually sounds good and would cut down on litter! there could be a receipt collection points for charities!!

charley

Just watch the drop off in sales if you tax lotto winnings. All bookies winnings and bingo winnings would have to be taxed at the same amount. The more the government try to take off people the less they will receive.

YesSireeeBob

I was in China 6 years ago and they were doing this with all till receipts.the black economy was raging it would make shag all difference.
You had more independance that time in China to make mula ,than in this commie dog of a country.
perhaps a fine if a receipt is not issued?

atlantic

Now how would you enforce that .The black economy will always be with us ,the more a government taxes the more the black economy thrives.There are people getting bits of nixers around Ireland and in a lot of cases this is the money thats putting food on the table so fathers and mothers can feed their children, so the state in my opinion can go and fook themselves ,these people have a right to live .
perhaps a fine if a receipt is not issued?

YesSireeeBob

Now how would you enforce that .The black economy will always be with us ,the more a government taxes the more the black economy thrives.There are people getting bits of nixers around Ireland and in a lot of cases this is the money thats putting food on the table so fathers and mothers can feed their children, so the state in my opinion can go and fook themselves ,these people have a right to live .
spot checks.

sure it's putting food on the table but isn't that unfair on the people who are paying tax and being honest?

atlantic

Yes or a no answer "Do you feel that is right and just for one person to be forceibly used to serve the purposes of another.

spot checks.

sure it's putting food on the table but isn't that unfair on the people who are paying tax and being honest?

Slinky

This sounds like a great idea. It would also boost the economy by encouraging those who have money to make more purchases rather than saving the money in the hope of winning something!

Tea Party Patriot

Even at a 50% tax that would bring in at most about €30 million a year, in addition it would make the lottery less attractive as people would be dividing the stated prize by 2. One of the attractions of the lottery as opposed to other forms of gambling is a large tax free prize, so it may backfire with less people playing. Remember the state already takes a large slice of all the money payed out on Lottery tickets as is.

atlantic

Watcher2

Just watch the drop off in sales if you tax lotto winnings. All bookies winnings and bingo winnings would have to be taxed at the same amount. The more the government try to take off people the less they will receive.
Oh, ok then. Lets just do nothing. Sorry for bothering everyone.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies