• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Rally for Life: Dublin, 4th July

Factorem

Anyone else going to this demonstration to ensure that Ireland remains abortion free?

Was given a leaflet on the way out of Mass today by a group of charming young girls.

The rally kicks off at 2pm at the Garden of Remembrance, Parnell Square for anyone who's interested.

baldur0300

Those bunch of lunatics from Alive with their fantasies about imposed abortion from Europe only damage the cause.

Factorem

Those bunch of lunatics from Alive with their fantasies about imposed abortion from Europe only damage the cause.
Oh sorry, being pro-life makes you a "lunatic" all of a sudden...

Nothing like the lunatics from Planned Parenthood and our very own IFPA.

Factorem

No. Everyone is pro-life, it is that fundamentalist catholic shower that are lunatics.
And with that insight, 2000 years of Catholic thought crumbles before our eyes. Did all the church spires in the country spontaneously collapse as you wrote that?

I wonder will your ideas be around in 2000 years time?

Captain Con O'Sullivan

Are you a woman..... if not, mind you're own business.

The cause indeed.
A very good point, Madame (I assume..?) I've never understood why males even got a vote on abortion referendae.

I've yet to meet another man who has had one or is thinking of having one. I won't comment further as I am a man and I agree with your position.

baldur0300

Oh sorry, being pro-life makes you a "lunatic" all of a sudden...

Nothing like the lunatics from Planned Parenthood and our very own IFPA.
Well I don't like using the term but I'm pro-life. They're luncatics (and i thought this was fairly clear from my post) and damage the reputation of others who oppose abortion because they are willing to lie and connect abortion to completely unrelated issues. I'm speaking particularly about the European Union and the absolute nonsense assertion that our membership of that body will lead to legalised abortion in Ireland. Alive is a rag and as an active Catholic I'm disgusted whenever I see it in any Church I attend.

And with that insight, 2000 years of Catholic thought crumbles before our eyes. I did all the church spires collapse as you wrote that?

I wonder will your ideas be around in 2000 years time?
My dim witted friend, there was a time when people thought the world was flat. The existence of an idea doesn't validate it. Besides what constitutes 'Catholic thought'? it seems to me there is no uniform catholic thought.

Enjoy your primitive neanderthal march. Say a few decades of the rosary for me.:lol:

Oh and tell your imaginary friend who tells you how to think (God you call him is it?) that I said hi.

Factorem

Why are you having a rant against Alive?

I'm not a reader myself, but at least they're out there publishing their ideas. Unlike those who crib and moan from the sidelines. I imagine most priests would think Alive is absolute ********************e, but people still buy it along with the Sunday Independent cos that's what they've done all their lives.

I could read Alive over post-Mass brunch, but that's about it.

Well I don't like using the term but I'm pro-life. They're luncatics (and i thought this was fairly clear from my post) and damage the reputation of others who oppose abortion because they are willing to lie and connect abortion to completely unrelated issues. I'm speaking particularly about the European Union and the absolute nonsense assertion that our membership of that body will lead to legalised abortion in Ireland. Alive is a rag and as an active Catholic I'm disgusted whenever I see it in any Church I attend.
I usually look at alive when it is dropped in, but usually for the comedy value.

Factorem

Oh and tell your imaginary friend who tells you how to think (God you call him is it?) that I said hi.
It seems poking fun at Catholic beliefs is the last acceptable prejudice.

I wonder would your tone be the same for Muslims and/or Jews?

baldur0300

Why are you having a rant against Alive?

I'm not a reader myself, but at least they're out there publishing their ideas. Unlike those who crib and moan from the sidelines. I imagine most priests would think Alive is absolute ********************e, but people still buy it along with the Sunday Independent cos that's what they've done all their lives.

I could read Alive over post-Mass brunch, but that's about it.
If you actually understood the event you were advertising, you'd realise it is being organised and supported by Alive and it's editor Fr Brian McKevitt. The rally is just an attempt to turn those against abortion against the Lisbon Treaty. Why else have a rally for life? Is there some major push towards legalisation that I was unaware of?

Factorem

If you actually understood the event you were advertising, you'd realise it is being organised and supported by Alive and it's editor Fr Brian McKevitt. The rally is just an attempt to turn those against abortion against the Lisbon Treaty. Why else have a rally for life? Is there some major push towards legalisation that I was unaware of?
Any other conspiracy theories tucked up your sleeve there baldur?

This is not the first year the event has taken place. Now you tell me: is this a coincidence or a conspiracy?

Mr.De-Regulation

Firstly i shall be there. It was very good last time I went. Pitty youth defense do not it advertise there events often to their members.(hint).

To comment on what others said. There is a tiny minority people who I might call lunatics. But the people I know from Youth Defense are lovely people. Most YDers I know voted yes.

drkpower

A very good point, Madame (I assume..?) I've never understood why males even got a vote on abortion referendae.

I've yet to meet another man who has had one or is thinking of having one. I won't comment further as I am a man and I agree with your position.
Interesting theory.

The question as to the status of an embryo/foetus (which is created by the unification of a male sperm and female egg) is a matter only for women? I certainly appreciate that they are affected more than males by the ultimate result of such a referendum, but to say a man has no interest is balderdash.

Factorem

Interesting theory.

The question as to the status of an embryo/foetus (which is created by the unification of a male sperm and female egg) is a matter only for women? I certainly appreciate that they are affected more than males by the ultimate result of such a referendum, but to say a man has no interest is balderdash.
It's usually the cowardly men who want the abortions.

Mr.De-Regulation

Youth Defense, have this march every year. It comes just before their summer campaign. There is still, the threat of stem cell research coming here. Plus many wish to ban abortion in Europe. Little chance in that happening. But still a good goal.

baldur0300

Any other conspiracy theories tucked up your sleeve there baldur?

This is not the first year the event has taken place. Now you tell me: is this a coincidence or a conspiracy?
Did you actually read the feckin leaflet?

Powerful pro-abortion campaigners in Ireland and in the European Union are attacking our pro-life laws.

:rolleyes: Yeah I'm the one with conspiracy theories