• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Rapid rise in 'sham marriages'

Lagertha

Take a visit to an Irish hospital and assess whether those you see in scrubs and other hospital uniforms and ask yourself if the hospital is employing illegals. If your conclusion is yes, its your civic duty to report them to your nearest garda station.

Let us know how you get on please.
I saw a news report the other day about the shortage of medical personnel in Venezuela due to so many having left the country because of the government. We aren't helping those countries by employing their medical personnel who are happy to work in the west when many of the young Irish doctors and nurses are leaving here to go to work in the Middle East because they're getting a better deal there.

Herr Rommel

Take a visit to an Irish hospital and assess whether those you see in scrubs and other hospital uniforms and ask yourself if the hospital is employing illegals. If your conclusion is yes, its your civic duty to report them to your nearest garda station.

Let us know how you get on please.
Pay a proper wage and you would have half decent staff.

Lagertha

In fairness, while I would prefer to be treated by a doctor/nurse who was educated in Ireland, regardless of gender or colour, I have to say that my experiences with the foreign national medical personnel working in Irish hospitals has been very positive. I know that there have been too many cases of unqualified medical professionals getting work here and even cases of people who have been struck off in Britain being employed here,which shows a terrifying lack of checks being done by the HSE. That last guy who told a patient undergoing an endoscopy to ''assume the George Michael position'' and that he ''wouldn't fook an English girl'', among other things, had been struck off in Britain.

How in the hell is a basic check of references with a former employer and with the Medical licensing authority not being done on these people? The reality is that employing those people who shouldn't be working in medicine, who aren't white is worse than employing the ones who are white because the race and religion cards get played and management is afraid to be labelled, so the patient suffers.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt

McTell

Twitter
No
Check out the list of solemnisers of marriages for the emm, variety of churches on offer these times...

Getting married

Watcher2

Have you taken that visit to your local hospital to see whether there are many of those illegals you were talking about are employed lawfully in this state> Or do you still think the vast majority of non Irish in this country are here illegally?

Herr Rommel

In fairness, while I would prefer to be treated by a doctor/nurse who was educated in Ireland, regardless of gender or colour, I have to say that my experiences with the foreign national medical personnel working in Irish hospitals has been very positive. I know that there have been too many cases of unqualified medical professionals getting work here and even cases of people who have been struck off in Britain being employed here,which shows a terrifying lack of checks being done by the HSE. That last guy who told a patient undergoing an endoscopy to ''assume the George Michael position'' and that he ''wouldn't fook an English girl'', among other things, had been struck off in Britain.

How in the hell is a basic check of references with a former employer and with the Medical licensing authority not being done on these people? The reality is that employing those people who shouldn't be working in medicine, who aren't white is worse than employing the ones who are white because the race and religion cards get played and management is afraid to be labelled, so the patient suffers.
The staff in the hospitals are brilliant and do breathtakingly hard work under incredibly impossible situations.

Emily Davison

Self-loathing and ignorance. What a combo.

Actual data on in-breeding:

So Irish in breeding is less than 1%. That’s between celts and saxophonist no, vikings etc, plus poles, English etc

Where did you get that chart btw.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
So Irish in breeding is less than 1%. That’s between celts and saxophonist no, vikings etc, plus poles, English etc

From a research paper on consanguinity. If you read the article you will see than 5,000 applications were received in 2017 of which 98% were refused. You will further read that a high court judgement had restricted the authorities from intervening until then. You will again read in that article that those high court judgement rules were only overturned recently. Finally, you will note (if you are aware) that this problem first became notable in 2009. So from 2009 until 2016 the problem was allowed to fester and grow to the extent Ireland was receiving in the order of 5,000 applications for visas on the basis of marriage up until last year. Those applications (since the crack down) have dropped to the low hundreds.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt

Saxophonists are people who play the Saxophone. You're starting to demonstrate an alarming level of stupidity.

Emily Davison

From a research paper on consanguinity. If you read the article you will see than 5,000 applications were received in 2017 of which 98% were refused. You will further read that a high court judgement had restricted the authorities from intervening until then. You will again read in that article that those high court judgement rules were only overturned recently. Finally, you will note (if you are aware) that this problem first became notable in 2009. So from 2009 until 2016 the problem was allowed to fester and grow to the extent Ireland was receiving in the order of 5,000 applications for visas on the basis of marriage up until last year. Those applications (since the crack down) have dropped to the low hundreds.
You are an absolute idiot. If 5000 applications are received and only 2% of those succeed, where does that lead to your tens of thousands. It doesn't. It shows the system is working. The exact opposite of what you claimed. It's even further demonstrated by the fact that the number applying has dropped massively.

Furthermore, if 2% succeed, there is no way you can claim that the 2% are bogus. People do come to Ireland as genuine asylum seekers etc.

Emily Davison

Saxophonists are people who play the Saxophone. You're starting to demonstrate an alarming level of stupidity.
That as you very well know was the spell thingy.

Do you live breath racism and anti immigrationism every day. No wonder you're an absolute lunatic on here. You think firing off this that and the other nonsense proves anything. Not when your clearly agenda driven.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt

Lagertha

I think the number of sham marriages is actually much much higher. As I've said before, if skilled people are here legally and in full time employment and are integrating then I have no issue with them. But even in my own town there are now many more men of Pakistani or Indian origin. We've had Sikhs and Baha'i, Buddhists, etc etc etc for decades and nobody bothers anyone, the parents work the kids go to school with Irish kids and they integrate well. There's a huge difference in the newer wave and the negatives as well as the positives of migration have to be acknowledged.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies