• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Rapist & Paedophile only gets 21 years

FrankSpeaks

Simon McGinley the convicted paedophile and rapist was only given 21 years for the rape and torture of defenceless 86 year old woman!

IMHO the bastard should remain in jail for the rest of his life and his balls should be removed.

Last edited:

Fr. Fahey

He only did 6 years for raping a 13 year old girl. That says it all really. Should be put down like the dangerous animal he is. And his mother could do with the same after listening to her.

Which means until he dies.

Don't know much about this except for clip on the radio news where he mother is saying his sentence was too long & loves her son & is proud of him. I'll accept the mother loves 'n all that but proud! :eek:
If that is the requirement the so be it.

thebig C

Given that Rape can carry a Life Sentence for those convicted, does that poor elderly lady or her family have a case against the State? Obviously this lady would not have been attacked if this scumbag had received an appropriate sentence in the first place!!

I agree with other posters, 21 years is far too short. He will serve about 15 years and still only be in his early 50s when released. At that age he will be perfectly capable of re-offending given that he targets the most vulnerable in society.

It should be worth noting, with all the controvercy surrounding the Criminal Justice Bill, it did nothing to increse sentences. Dermot Ahern himself stated that he has no intention of reversing the 1/3 good behavior reduction! It is no use catching criminals if they serve very little time in prison and emerge to re-offend. Which serious criminals almost always do.

C

Greener

His disgraceful pleas of innocence (on last night's news?) were sickening. His DNA was all over the woman and her belongings. He has a record and is a very dangerous individual. Both a paedo and a rapist of old women. He prays on the most vunrable in society. 21 years is a soft sectence for his crimes. I would only feel safe when a dirtbag like that is off the streets.

Nodin

Given that Rape can carry a Life Sentence for those convicted, does that poor elderly lady or her family have a case against the State? Obviously this lady would not have been attacked if this scumbag had received an appropriate sentence in the first place!!
A life sentence in the case of rape can only be handed out in cases where they've been deemed 'uniquely' savage examples of the crime. Thats quite a hard thing to prove or define, as can be imagined, as that would all go on precedent. A change in the law would be required to make it more common a sentence.

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
As I've said before, there is a horrible logic to giving crimes like this a lesser sentence than murder. If you commit such a crime, and know that if caught, you will receive as great as or greater sentence than murder, logically you would kill the only witness to the crime.

P.

FrankSpeaks

A life sentence in the case of rape can only be handed out in cases where they've been deemed 'uniquely' savage examples of the crime. Thats quite a hard thing to prove or define, as can be imagined, as that would all go on precedent. A change in the law would be required to make it more common a sentence.
Surely the law is not written like that: is it case law or precedence that ensures that this short sentences are handed down. They guy is a total scumbag and I would not feel safe ever in his company. The scumbag should be castrated.

corelli

You do realise that the guy will probably serve more time, or at least as much, than if he had received a life sentence. If you pause to think about it for a minute, the guy got 21 years, he will get a reduction of 1/4 for good behavior, presumably, thus giving him about 16 years to serve. Methinks the last figures showed that the average life sentence was about 14 years, thereabouts, though, obviously, the potential is there for him to be incarcerated for life.

A little more pause for reflection is always good before venting your spleen on P.ie.

FrankSpeaks

You do realise that the guy will probably serve more time, or at least as much, than if he had received a life sentence. If you pause to think about it for a minute, the guy got 21 years, he will get a reduction of 1/4 for good behavior, presumably, thus giving him about 16 years to serve. Methinks the last figures showed that the average life sentence was about 14 years, thereabouts, though, obviously, the potential is there for him to be incarcerated for life.

A little more pause for reflection is always good before venting your spleen on P.ie.
I have reflected long enough, the scumbag should be castrated.

corelli

controller

I'm certain that he will meet Big Bad Buba in jail, and as he has got so much publicity, I'd be surprised if he ever gets a chance to finish off his sentence.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies