• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

RARE 1901 footage of the execution of Leon Czolgosz, assassin of US president William McKinley

RahenyFG

Found this rare footage of the execution of Leon Czolgosz from 1901. He was the assassin of 25th US president William McKinley. It's quite surreal seeing Czolgosz's body shake as he is being executed. McKinley was the 3rd US president to be assassinated and was the 3rd US president to be assassinated in just 36 years from Lincoln's assassination to his own with James Garfield in the middle.

At around 1.20 he is being led to the electric chair.

[video=youtube;UYSxfyIqrjs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYSxfyIqrjs[/video]

dunno

According to the comments, this is a re-enactment. We were not, nor are not, barbarous enough to film execution, certain despotisms excepted, although public executions were a population occasion.

RahenyFG

Does it matter what time of year I post this? History is history.

Munnkeyman

I wonder if Tommy knew McKinley too? I think we'll have to remove this thread, just in case.

Who wants to set up the first 'Feedback' thread?

RahenyFG

A video of an execution. That seems like the sort of thing that you would have to deliberately seek out. That's an odd thing to do, no matter what day of the year.
Mate I don't care about Christmas. This is just another day of the year for me. I mean do people want me to post Christmas related history like the birth of Santa Claus himself? Oh wait........

RahenyFG

A well meant thread has been ruined with a mod Munnkeyman playing his part. Happy Christmas all indeed!

Munnkeyman

Well none of us really know what we are supposed to discuss.

This is a re-enactment, the only point which can be debated is whether or not we think the acting is good enough to allow us to agree with this point -

It's quite surreal seeing Czolgosz's body shake as he is being executed.
I don't think it's Czolgosz. Howzat?

parentheses

The Larouche movement in America insist that McKinley was murdered at the behest of the British.

This was so that Teddy Roosevelt could be installed as president. Roosevelt's uncle James Dunwoody Bulloch had been a confederate agent with close ties to Britain and the Larouchites suspect Roosevelt of having similar sympathies as his uncle.

Bulloch was suspected of having a hand in Lincoln's assassination.

[video=youtube;kc15kmdBVZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc15kmdBVZA[/video]

RahenyFG

The Larouche movement in America insist that McKinley was murdered at the behest of the British.

This was so that Teddy Roosevelt could be installed as president. Roosevelt's uncle James Dunwoody Bulloch had been a confederate agent with close ties to Britain and the Larouchites suspect Roosevelt of having similar sympathies as his uncle.

Bulloch was suspected of having a hand in Lincoln's assassination.

[video=youtube;kc15kmdBVZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc15kmdBVZA[/video]
Interesting. I never heard of a conspiracy in the assassination of McKinley. I must read up about this. Everyone always goes about a conspiracy in the assassination of JFK(which as an avid researcher in the JFK assassination I don't believe). McKinley and Garfield are the forgotten assassinated US presidents. Most people have heard of the Lincoln and Kennedy assassinations but the other two assassinations are not as well known. Garfield was only in office six months before he died from his assassination. Two months after being shot.

rainmaker

Administrator
Yes but Larouche is a racist, anti semitic, homophobic conspiraloon and a convicted fraudster to boot.

Your posting would benefit fom avoiding such sources.