Rats fleeing the sinking ship- Wille O'Dea criticises govt in todays Sindo

antiestablishmentarian

In a departure from the norm, Willie has taken it upon himself today to criticise FF- he believes the way the government has handled things in the last 10 days has been awful (no argument there) but the way he gets his message across will only serve to stoke up the anger many people

Maybe it is the freedom I gained by being involuntarily released from the bindings of office, but I can see that the public believe the Taoiseach and the Government are indifferent to the fears and the problems they face.
Essentially, he's still banging on about his being booted out and how that has affected him. There's also the clear implication that we'd be better off with Willie back at the cabinet table batting for us.

It's hard to admit it, but Fianna Fail's strategy has gone wrong - Analysis, Opinion - Independent.ie

Furze

Putting out ministers to insist that the Emperor is beautifully robed when onlookers can plainly see he is stark naked cannot be justified as a media strategy, even by the most inept of communications managers.
A better strategy would have been to issue sworn affidavits to the international media:mad:

Mushroom

Quote:
Putting out ministers to insist that the Emperor is beautifully robed when onlookers can plainly see he is stark naked cannot be justified as a media strategy, even by the most inept of communications managers.

After his ill-judged and disastrous performance on RTE's News at One, the day before he 'resigned', I'd say that Willie knows all about inept Communication Managers!

hammer

WTF does the rag give him an opportunity to express his views?

He was brutal in Government.

Name one thing Wee Willie Winkie will be remembered for? Affidavits :)

Riadach

Just another venal self-serving slíbhín trying to secure his seat at the next election.

jpc

Nasty self pitying tribal politician feels betrayed.
Fack him!
Just laying on the poor me to keep his vote up.

Truth1

WTF does the rag give him an opportunity to express his views?

He was brutal in Government.

Name one thing Wee Willie Winkie will be remembered for? Affidavits :)
Willy Wonka again- but WOD is also a deluded tribal underling who will be remebered for his gutter tactics at all times including the affidavits which you mention - he could not define integrity despite all of of his qualifications. Will he do an honest day's work ever with his ministerial pension and Sindo's pay cheques? ! Simple answer is no. The army should turn the gun on him and make him march!

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
I can see that the public believe the Taoiseach and the Government are indifferent to the fears and the problems they face.
He's not saying he believes it, just that the public (silly plebs) believe it. Therefore it's a perception issue, there is nothing substantially wrong, just an optics issue. That's allright then, for a moment I thought the country actually had a problem.

mido

willie like most of the rats on sindo ship see the iceberg

Inda Kenny

Did Wee Willie not poll 19000 first preferences in the last election.
Like Biffo whats the betting he will be elected again on the 1st count
We get what we deserve

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies