Raymond Gilmour

Risteard

Gerrry said:
What about the informer that led to the capture of ammunition etc and the arrest and sentencing of two men in Sligo on September 6th 2003?
How do you know whether an informer was involved, unless you were the informer?

Gerrry

Website
www.sligowhiplash.com
Risteard said:
Gerrry said:
What about the informer that led to the capture of ammunition etc and the arrest and sentencing of two men in Sligo on September 6th 2003?
How do you know whether an informer was involved, unless you were the informer?
Are you denying that an informer was involved Risteard? I dont believe there is anyone inyour ranks in Sligo who believes that. You should talk to them if you think there was not an informer involved.

jimmyd

Just making the point that the brits now have ears and eyes in places they had great difficulty obtaining info in the past. Don't get me wrong if Mr Gilmore should have himself an accident I for one wouldn't be loosing a wink.

Risteard

Gerrry said:
Are you denying that an informer was involved Risteard?
I didn't 'deny' that an informer was involved. I merely asked whether you had any reason to believe that an informer was involved, or merely wished to believe it.

Not every unsuccessful alleged operation can be automatically taken to have been the work of an informer.

P.S. I am unclear as to what you mean by the phrase "in [my] ranks"...

pogo

Website
stags.pl
Sidewinder said:
Gilmour was a supergrass, and lots of the people he was willing to testify against in court and send down for decades had nothing at all to do with any armed group. He used the opportunity to settle personal grudges, or even finger some totally random dude to get his "quota" up.

Lots and lots of families in Derry went through hell because of him. The old "no smoke without fire" rumour-mill ruined some completely innocent people's careers - "respectable" employers refused to give them a job after they'd been fingered by Gilmour and the other supergrasses.
Of course, Sidewinder would be the last person to pronounce guilt merely on the basis of unsubstantiated rumour.

Gerrry

Website
www.sligowhiplash.com
Risteard said:
Gerrry said:
Are you denying that an informer was involved Risteard?
I didn't 'deny' that an informer was involved. I merely asked whether you had any reason to believe that an informer was involved, or merely wished to believe it.

Not every unsuccessful alleged operation can be automatically taken to have been the work of an informer.

P.S. I am unclear as to what you mean by the phrase "in [my] ranks"...
In RSF Risteard. Why, what organisation did you think I meant?

And by the way Risteard, you know and I know, and every member of your organisation in Sligo knows that it was an informer. Go down and talk to them and they will tell you his name though you will find them extremely unhappy that no action has been taken against him for his activities.

Risteard

Gerrry, I don't have to listen to unfounded accusations from an RUC-lover. You are a Brit and are encouraging people to become informers - my position on informers is clear. I am not, however, prepared to let you claim that all sorts of people are informers simply because it suits you to spread misinformation (a Brit policy).

Gerry Adams confessed to being an informer long before the Extraordinary Provo Ard-Fheis on the RUC. Take, for example, his handing over of intelligence to Nuala O'Loan. Every right thinking person knew this would simply serve as a proxy for the RUC, and of course it did.

Adams and McGuinness and others are guilty of the greatest treachery, and have been allowed to get away with it by their own ranks.

As for what organisation I believed you were talking about, I thought I made it clear that I had no idea as you were rambling and using strange terms of phrase without any clarity. You have since explained that you were talking about Republican Sinn Féin, however you must surely be aware that Sinn Féin is a political organisation and as such I fail to see the connection with what you were rambling on about.

pogo

Website
stags.pl
Limerick Lad said:
padraig said:
[quote="Limerick Lad":jbmrkhrh]If the war is really over, he should be able to return home without any fear of reprisal or is it a case that people are saying as Gerry Adams famously once said "They haven't gone away, you know!"
You would have to understand the damage he did to many people and their families because of his actions, there would alot of resentment against him even today.
We have been told here in Limerick to get over ourselves and forget the damage done to the family of Jerry McCabe by the "Castlerea Four" and I can tell you there's a lot of resentment towards Sinn Fein here because of their constant campaigning for their premature release.[/quote:jbmrkhrh]

An excellent point.

It is interesting to note that not only were the IRA responsible for more victims than any other armed group, but they would also appear to have the greatest lust for revenge.

The provisional movement would appear to demand a total amnesty for Republicans, while retaining the right to settle scores against its real or perceived enemies in perpetuity.

Such a position is unsustainable.

In the near future it appears likely that mainstream Republicans will come to regard informing on anti-state activity as being not only acceptable, but even desirable. In such circumstances, Sinn Fein can longer seek retribution for former touts. An action cannot be regarded as morally correct today, yet unacceptable 30 years ago. Now that homosexuality is legal in Northern Ireland, it would be ridiculous to demand the prosecution of gays who indulged in a bit of bum fun 30 years ago.

Gerrry

Website
www.sligowhiplash.com
Risteard:
Gerrry, I don't have to listen to unfounded accusations from an RUC-lover. You are a Brit and are encouraging people to become informers - my position on informers is clear. I am not, however, prepared to let you claim that all sorts of people are informers simply because it suits you to spread misinformation
So you are denying that this informer who is well known to your RSF colleagues in Sligo gave away the ammo. Now whos spreading misinformation. Thats a lie and you know it and your own members know it.

As for saying I am an RUC lover and a Brit and encouraging people to become informers - that is a blatant lie. I am neither an RUC/PSNI lover or Brit lover or have ever or will ever encourage people to become informers. You must be mixing myself up with someone else. I didnt support and will not support the policy on policing adopted by Sinn Fein.

Risteard

Gerrry said:
Thats a lie and you know it and your own members know it.
Republican Sinn Féin, as a political organisation, does not possess munitions. As such the membership of Sinn Féin logically wouldn't know what you're talking about. I also suspect that you don't even know what you're talking about.

Solution: Stop talking.

Gerrry

Website
www.sligowhiplash.com
Risteard said:
Gerrry said:
Thats a lie and you know it and your own members know it.
Republican Sinn Féin, as a political organisation, does not possess munitions. As such the membership of Sinn Féin logically wouldn't know what you're talking about. I also suspect that you don't even know what you're talking about.

Solution: Stop talking.
For someone who is usually so quick to talk about informers you are surprisingly silent on the role of this informer in Sligo Risteard.

You claim that members of your party know nothing of this informer. Thats a lie. ASK THEM. Dont ask me. ASK THEM. They will tell you all about him. Are you afraid to ask them?

Risteard

I am not a member of a party.

Risteard

Óglaigh na hÉireann is indeed the National Army.

Sinn Féin is a political organisation.

Risteard

Actually, it was a couple of years ago.

Gerrry

Website
www.sligowhiplash.com
padraig said:
Can yous two stay on topic, continue your rants at each other through PMs if you wish
Sorry Padraig but which part of what I wrote was a 'rant'?

I know it has veered off topic like most other topics on the site do but when you ask Risteard anything he veers away form not being in party to the CIRA being the army of the republic nonsense etc etc. So if you could let me know what part I wrote that was a 'rant' i'll try to refrain from that in future.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom