RE; The march on saturday

Trans-Siberian

It turns out that the ictu march on Saturday is going from woodquay to the gpo. The bearded serfs are not interested in marching on government buildings. The reason they give is that they don't want to attract trouble makers.:rolleyes: Jesus you'd swear civil disobedience is endemic in this country the way they're going on. Most likely reason for them not marching on the dail is that they're paymasters in ff told them not to. What a joke the union leaders in this country are. Deserve just as much a slating as the government for their inaction in all of this.

I was gonna go up to dublin for this but if there is no march on the dail I won't bother. Walking from one part of Dublin to another won't do anything. The march needs to be directed at the epicenter of the farce in this country that passes for politics. So is there anyone out there who can tell whether or not there is a march on the dail of some sort? I really want there to be one and I want to take part. So anyone know of any protest heading towards the dail?
As far as Im aware SF are organising a march on the Dail next Saturday 4th December.

Maybe someone could clarify this?

Catalpa

It turns out that the ictu march on Saturday is going from woodquay to the gpo. The bearded serfs are not interested in marching on government buildings. The reason they give is that they don't want to attract trouble makers.:rolleyes: Jesus you'd swear civil disobedience is endemic in this country the way they're going on. Most likely reason for them not marching on the dail is that they're paymasters in ff told them not to. What a joke the union leaders in this country are. Deserve just as much a slating as the government for their inaction in all of this.

I was gonna go up to dublin for this but if there is no march on the dail I won't bother. Walking from one part of Dublin to another won't do anything. The march needs to be directed at the epicenter of the farce in this country that passes for politics. So is there anyone out there who can tell whether or not there is a march on the dail of some sort? I really want there to be one and I want to take part. So anyone know of any protest heading towards the dail?
If you have 2 legs and the willpower the walk is not far - 10 minutes

I will be heading there anyway.

Wear something Green.

holymoley

Jesus people like you just make me so angry.!!!
Makes me think that you are just another FF troll trying to sabotage the march.
You set up a misleading thread to spout apathetic rubbish about why you will not get up of your arse and do something to show that FF shower .
" I was gonna go up to Dublin" You were in your A---se
It makes no difference what part of the city the march is in (the Dail is not sitting because it is Saturday!!)
What will make a difference is about 300,000 people who are willing to come togather and call for a General election.
Cold snap on the weekend. If the ICTU get 30,000 they will be doing well.

Sure we know there's going to be an election soon thanks to the greens, hope that's not the main reason for the protest.

myhonorisloyalty666

This protest is absolutely pointless.
The IMF has us by the balls, they are paying our allowance and we have to pay them back come hell or high water.
The bond markets have simply stopped lending to us.
No protest or tantrum is going to solve this.
The last time the Irish people protested was in opposition to the overthrow of Saddam's brutal regime in Iraq.
Now we are bawling, kicking and screaming because Daddy took our credit card away.
The people voted for this government so boo fecking hoo.

mb7337

My problem is that the unions are a huge part of the problem.

Marching with the unions would be hypocritical.. they are the very ones sucking the big salaries, expenses and pensions out of the poor.
I wouldn't be a huge fan of the unions either but the fact is that they are organising a large anti-government protest and that is what people have been crying out for.

You don't have to sign up to anything, just to protest against what the government have done to our country.

imokyrok

Will ya give up with all that Sh1t we're all in the same bloody boat now and forget about that Public/Private garbage .It was a devide and rule scam bumped up by RTE/Pravda and the O'Reilly Press. Get them arguing with each other and keep them busy.

That's all over now. I think we must all have copped onto by now?.
+1

myhonorisloyalty666

I wouldn't be a huge fan of the unions either but the fact is that they are organising a large anti-government protest and that is what people have been crying out for.

You don't have to sign up to anything, just to protest against what the government have done to our country.
The horse has bolted you muppet.:mad:

ocoonassa

As far as Im aware SF are organising a march on the Dail next Saturday 4th December.

Maybe someone could clarify this?
That's correct as far as I've heard and there's one on the 7th as well

Pabilito

Will ya give up with all that Sh1t we're all in the same bloody boat now and forget about that Public/Private garbage .It was a devide and rule scam bumped up by RTE/Pravda and the O'Reilly Press. Get them arguing with each other and keep them busy.

That's all over now. I think we must all have copped onto by now?.
So will Jack O’Conor admit his treachery, Will David Begg climb down from being wistful peter pan?. Will Des Geraghty resign his new Central Bank job with pension????.. will the unions admit that the Croke Park Thing was greedy people grabbing the life boats?

lonemother

Get up, stand up: stand up for your rights!
Get up, stand up: don't give up the fight!

Preacher man, don't tell me,
Heaven is under the earth.
I know you don't know
What life is really worth.
It's not all that glitters is gold;
'Alf the story has never been told:
So now you see the light, eh!
Stand up for your rights. come on!

Most people think,
Great god will come from the skies,
Take away everything
And make everybody feel high.
But if you know what life is worth,
You will look for yours on earth:
And now you see the light,
You stand up for your rights. jah!

Get up, stand up! etc

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game -
Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, lord.
We know when we understand:
Almighty god is a living man.
You can fool some people sometimes,
But you can't fool all the people all the time.
So now we see the light (what you gonna do?),
We gonna stand up for our rights! (yeah, yeah, yeah! )

So you better:
Get up, stand up! etc

Eire1976

The Governments decided policy to please unions for the last 20 years or more. This put money in a lot of people's pockets and they bought property with that money.

Unions are the dark force behind this.

JasonMac

I am living a long way from Dublin. But I am printing out a sign and I am bringing it up with me on Saturday. I will travel by bus and I am going to walk up with it in my hands to the front of the dail on my own. I plan on standing outside with it until it is time to catch the last bus home again. I will stay quiet and peaceful and just use my sign to make my point. I am guilty of sitting behind my computer for far too long and not actually getting up off my arse and into Dublin to show this government how disappointed I am with how its destroyed our future.

Mister men

I am living a long way from Dublin. But I am printing out a sign and I am bringing it up with me on Saturday. I will travel by bus and I am going to walk up with it in my hands to the front of the dail on my own. I plan on standing outside with it until it is time to catch the last bus home again. I will stay quiet and peaceful and just use my sign to make my point. I am guilty of sitting behind my computer for far too long and not actually getting up off my arse and into Dublin to show this government how disappointed I am with how its destroyed our future.
You sir are a patriot. I will be at the march but will join you at some stage on Saturday. Thank you for giving a ************************ about your country.

inchicore_republican

I will be going to the march but the union leaders need to get lost or get lynched.

Raketemensch

This protest is absolutely pointless.
The IMF has us by the balls, they are paying our allowance and we have to pay them back come hell or high water.
The bond markets have simply stopped lending to us.
No protest or tantrum is going to solve this.
The last time the Irish people protested was in opposition to the overthrow of Saddam's brutal regime in Iraq.
Now we are bawling, kicking and screaming because Daddy took our credit card away.
The people voted for this government so boo fecking hoo.
If you are really as jaded and disaffected as your post tone indicates then why do you care whether people protest or not? Why have you posted against protesting? You clearly don't want it, why?

Pabilito

Well fair play Jason., just take care and have an exit plan if it get’s nasty.

myhonorisloyalty666

If you are really as jaded and disaffected as your post tone indicates then why do you care whether people protest or not? Why have you posted against protesting? You clearly don't want it, why?
Because it's pointless to protest when it makes no fecking difference.:mad:
We have to get on with trying to grow the economy get people back to work and in a few years get this albatross off our backs.
Moaning and protesting and screaming futile slogans will get nobody anywhere.
A change in government will make absolutely no difference whatsoever.
FF have made a crap of everything.
FG and Labour and the shinners and all the rest are even more clueless.

+1

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom