• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Re- Tidy Towns 2013 - North Clondalkin

cathalbrugha

A chairde, I am in the Tidy Towns group in Clondalkin Village and we have made great progress in tackling the litter problem there. A group of us met last year to set up a a Tidy Towns group for North Clondalkin and we did some great work there. However we didn't get to the stage of entering the competition. I think North Clondalkin is ready to enter the competition this year, and I know there would be great benifits to the area. Lots of work is already being done, and entering the competition would provide a focus and incentive for us all.

If you feel you'd like to get involved, come along to the meeting in:

Rowlagh Community Centre - Thursday 16th May at 3pm.

We hope to organize a committee and set the date for our first community clean up. Bígí Linn!

Cllr Breeda Bonner - Labour.

cathalbrugha

Who the knacker now?

cathalbrugha

Wha a knacker? 500 knacker in North Clondalikn

cathalbrugha

Can anyone explain to me what a knacker means?

Socratus O' Pericles

A person who skins dead horses.

sauntersplash

A knacker is a person who makes their living rendering animal caracsses into useable substances like glue, lard, tallow or lye.

The word has traditionally been used in parts of Dublin to refer to a member of the travelling community - a stronger, slightly more derogatory synonym of the word 'tinker'. Presumably referring to a trade that was once common amongst that group.

By extension, 'knacker' has been used to denote any person of questionable etiquette, moral or social background, a similar contemporary expression might be "scumbag".

hiding behind a poster

Is this the p.ie equivalent of being fraped?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies