• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Reaction to Kenny's refusal to reverse home help cuts

Black George

What would people consider a suitable reaction to the blank refusal by our illustrious Taoiseach to reverse the cuts made to "home-helps" who provide an essential service to the poorest and most helpless of our citizens?

GDPR

What would people consider a suitable reaction to the blank refusal by our illustrious Taoiseach to reverse the cuts made to "home-helps" who provide an essential service to the poorest and most helpless of our citizens?
Get enough people on the streets and he'll turn quicker than milk in the sun and be just as pretty.

harry_w

It would be suitable for their wealthier tax-sheltered cohorts to pop round on free transport to offer a little home help themselves. Few will, most of those in need will have to fall back on families who can barely cope, if they even have that.

southwestkerry

Get enough people on the streets and he'll turn quicker than milk in the sun and be just as pretty.
Agreed 100%. Sadly most folk are too busy thinking off the next credit Union repayment. Those who depend on 'home help' do not have the numbers to trouble any TD's.

johnny365

Bad form for the European of the year, you would have to wonder what the criteria for such an award is. Maybe its to enrich bankers and impoverish disabled people, that seems to be Kennys policy?

GDPR

Sometimes with politicians and I do mean of all parties,. you can only sit back and ask, what the F**k do they think they're at?

Whatever money is involved, I can guarantee you in 5 minutes I could come up with an equivalent saving/revenue that wouldn't hurt a vulnerable group and I know f**k all about it.

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Bad form for the European of the year, you would have to wonder what the criteria for such an award is. Maybe its to enrich bankers and impoverish disabled people, that seems to be Kennys policy?
hmmm... I wrote about this when the award was first announced.. so yeah... I think that must be the criteria.

So, good Europeans inflict suffering on innocent people (and children) in defence of a currency and banks?

What a load of me bollix. Cue the calls of begrudger, doomer, shinnerbot etc etc etc. It is nothing but an empty gesture.. and to a man of 35 years of nothingness in an attempt to pacify an island people on the periphery of the continent with nonsensical talk about us being good europeans and at the heart of europe.

In other words. A load of utter tripe which amounts to a pat on the head. ... ..but it will give the hacks another excuse to hack for a week.

Radix

Missing link?

pippakin

It seems to me that politicians always attack the weakest first. If that is not sufficient they will then start to work their way up.

The sad thing is Kenny really doesn't seem to be any different.

myksav

Respond with blank refusals in return.

Black George

Respond with blank refusals in return.
Too true! It has come to the stage that paying household charges, water charges, septic tank charges etc., now seems obscene. If this money was used to help the poorest of our society, there would be good reason to demand its payment. Seeing as it is to be directed into the pockets of bankers, bondholders and politicians, it is the duty of every right-minded citizen to refuse these payments.

flavirostris

Sorry tonic. The braindead populist ground has already been hijacked by SF and PBP. I know that's where FF usually go in opposition but the Shinners have drunk your milkshake.

emulator

Sorry tonic. The braindead populist ground has already been hijacked by SF and PBP. I know that's where FF usually go in opposition but the Shinners have drunk your milkshake.
It is that very arrogance that was the downfall of FF and, will ultimately be the downfall of FG.

flavirostris

It is that very arrogance that was the downfall of FF and, will ultimately be the downfall of FG.
It's not arrogant to point out cretinism when it rears it's ugly head.

Black George

So speaks one of the more moronic posters on this site.