• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Real Politcs alert. Underpass for the York Street junction.

Mackers

Just heard it on the Radio Ulster news that at long long long last they are going to construct an underpass at the York St junction. Can this really mean that the M1 and M2 are finally going to come together? This is news of almost orgasmic significance for the hard pressed motorists who manfully try to get from one side of Belfast to the other. The only possible downside is the fact it will be quicker to get to Larne. But I'll just have to live with that. Roll on 2020.:lol:

between the bridges

'Real Politcs' there's no mileage in that...

between the bridges

It doesn't surprise me that you responded with the above. Identity politics is unionist 'politics'. Fuk all care and outlook to inclusiveness, equality and economics.
my dear i was merely stating that there is no mileage in a road story...whoooosh...

eskrimador

Just heard it on the Radio Ulster news that at long long long last they are going to construct an underpass at the York St junction. Can this really mean that the M1 and M2 are finally going to come together? This is news of almost orgasmic significance for the hard pressed motorists who manfully try to get from one side of Belfast to the other. The only possible downside is the fact it will be quicker to get to Larne. But I'll just have to live with that. Roll on 2020.:lol:
Based on the new Westlink underpass, I look forward to swimming in this come 2020

Mackers

Just thought I would post a bit of possible good news. Always allowing for the chance that it might just end up being the road to nowhere. But then again I did mention Larne.;)

DavidCaldwell

I am hoping to hear about a new dual carriageway to Bangor across the Holywood hills, but I fear it may be a long wait.

between the bridges

Just thought I would post a bit of possible good news. Always allowing for the chance that it might just end up being the road to nowhere. But then again I did mention Larne.;)
i tried a none party political thread once, don't think it got past the first page...

Mackers

I am hoping to hear about a new dual carriageway to Bangor across the Holywood hills, but I fear it may be a long wait.
Don't hold your breath. The Dakar rally has nothing on some of the roads in the Castlereagh Hills. I am pretty sure most of the best rally drivers that came from Ireland lived near those roads.

The Herren

It is only happening because the DUP complained bitterly that their Loyalist Thugs for Hire Brigade were badly hampered in their efforts to make a blitzkrieg on Alliance members home.

Last edited:

between the bridges

Now for the bad news I'm thinking of the hassle during the work. Well it wouldn't be the same without a good old moan.
plus it will cost twice as much and take double the time...

InsideImDancing

InsideImDancing

Two roads or no roads!

Mackers

plus it will cost twice as much and take double the time...
With the DRD at the helm you can bet your life on that. Seen a small glimpse of the plans on the news. It looked like a closeup of the mother in laws face. A site no human should have to look at.

Mackers

Brilliant - I will spend even less time in Belfast
Hey boy are you luckin for a dig in da gub? Belfash is the centre of the world. The lost world, but at least it isn't Ballymena.:eek:

Popular Threads

Most Replies