• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Congalltee

Last edited:
Last edited:
:roll: If the National Debt is €200 billion, but the NTMA has reserves of €30 billion, it makes perfect sense to net the figure - especially as the NTMA reserves are there to pay down debt as it falls due.
They are two figures. The official national debt is €211bn. The real national debt is higher.
It may make perfect sense in your head to introduce NTMA, or value of land, state shareholding, uncollected taxes or other accounting assets into the discussion but it’s irrelevant to anything I’ve mentioned ie liabilities)
(Why is it that posters who use that emoticon always make stupid/dishonest posts?)

I also mentioned that real homeless figures are much higher than official figures; do you want to offset numbers of units under construction to bring the figure back below 10,000?

hiding behind a poster

They are two figures. The official national debt is €211bn. The real national debt is higher.
It may make perfect sense in your head to introduce NTMA, or value of land, state shareholding, uncollected taxes or other accounting assets into the discussion but it’s irrelevant to anything I’ve mentioned ie liabilities)
(Why is it that posters who use that emoticon always make stupid/dishonest posts?)

I also mentioned that real homeless figures are much higher than official figures; do you want to offset numbers of units under construction to bring the figure back below 10,000?
I was talking about the national debt, not about homelessness. Also, the official national debt is substantially below €211bn, as far as I recall €211bn is the gross figure, and given that the NTMA specifically borrows money in order to redeem debt as it falls due, it makes perfect sense to offset their net assets against the gross figure. You'll also note that I did not mention value of land, or state shareholding, or uncollected taxes or other accounting assets, so kindly cease misrepresenting my argument. You may wish to portray yourself as some apparent crusader for "real facts", but all you're actually doing is misrepresenting the figures, and other people's arguments, in order to paint as negative a picture as you can.

And it ain't working.

Congalltee

I was talking about the national debt, not about homelessness. Also, the official national debt is substantially below €211bn, as far as I recall €211bn is the gross figure, and given that the NTMA specifically borrows money in order to redeem debt as it falls due, it makes perfect sense to offset their net assets against the gross figure. You'll also note that I did not mention value of land, or state shareholding, or uncollected taxes or other accounting assets, so kindly cease misrepresenting my argument. You may wish to portray yourself as some apparent crusader for "real facts", but all you're actually doing is misrepresenting the figures, and other people's arguments, in order to paint as negative a picture as you can.

And it ain't working.
Spread your lies elsewhere. They are wasted on me (unless you now want to talk about homelessness figures - in which case I’ll find your efforts to be amusing)

hiding behind a poster

Spread your lies elsewhere. They are wasted on me (unless you now want to talk about homelessness figures - in which case I’ll find your efforts to be amusing)
Kindly point out what I said that isn't true.

hiding behind a poster

You’ve posted 68,334 times.
It would be quicker to point out the honest/true/factual ones.

But go on, give us your daily dose of dishonesty on the topic of homelessness.
I see, so you can't show me what I've said that isn't true. In other words, you're full of sh*t. You tried to misrepresent the figures on the national debt, you've been called out on it, and you don't like it. Hence you've resorted to lies and personal abuse.

Says it all, really.

Congalltee

You tried to misrepresent the figures on the national debt, you've been called out on it, and you don't like it. Hence you've resorted to lies and personal abuse.

Says it all, really.
Why the feigned sensitivity?
Surely you’re well used to being called a liar by now?
The hilarious thing is that you actually think lying about unemployment/homelessness/national debt is good for the government.
At best, your deceitful posts are a waste of time - yours writing them and ours reading them but the reason you havent been put on ignore is that the poor quality of your spinning is so amusing.

wombat

I guess we really need to close the central statistics office - their unemployment statistics are wrong, their homeless figures are wrong, their debt figures are wrong, true figures can only be found on P.ie, surely the logic is to fire all govt statisticians and consult P.ie. While we're at it, could someone start a weather thread so that Met office can be closed?

Alan Alda

Dept of justice have faked figures, why is it hard to believe other depts don't do it?

Congalltee

I guess we really need to close the central statistics office - their unemployment statistics are wrong, their homeless figures are wrong, their debt figures are wrong, true figures can only be found on P.ie, surely the logic is to fire all govt statisticians and consult P.ie....
You’ve managed to miss the point. The statistics are correct but it’s how they are used which is wrong.
CSO measure 3333 homeless children and it also measures the 1000 plus children in domestic violence shelters but definition of homeless does not include those in domestic violence shelters. How many real children are really homeless?

FunkyBoogaloo

Your taxes have been cut, and FG in government created the environment for businesses to flourish.
You said wages were up. I'm telling you mine haven't moved.

As far as income goes any (miniscule) increase as a result of tax cuts is swallowed up by increasing costs of living.

Nonsense.

HarshBuzz

I'm not talking about my area or your area, I'm talking about the whole country. And there's no way that income tax receipts and USC receipts could be up as steadily, substantially and consistently as they've been in each of the last few years, if all or even most of the jobs created were low pay, low quality, insecure jobs. Don't forget that every rate of income tax and USC has been cut, or the bands widened, in the last three budgets. There is not one income level that pays even one cent more in income tax and/or USC now than they did 3 years ago, indeed all income levels pay LESS.
Tax receipts are up 53% in Cork between 2012-16 (here's the link).

Maybe robut lives in a cave?

hammer

Where is madser this weather ?

He only recently was telling us that only fast food joints in Dublin were busy.

Jack O Neill

Where is madser this weather ?

He only recently was telling us that only fast food joints in Dublin were busy.
all wonderful , the people must be so happy , so why has little leo not gone looking for the overall majority this blueshirt government know is just waiting to be bestowed upon them by the enriched population ???

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom