• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

hiding behind a poster

well calling the unemployment rate 6% when its really 15% thats a fairly big lie
If you can't even distinguish between the Live Register and unemployment, then there's not much hope for you.

troll account

If you can't even distinguish between the Live Register and unemployment, then there's not much hope for you.
people have ate enough of blueshirt shyte the unemployment rate is 15% and all the bullsh1t make work private company dung of the day doesn't hide that...........fine gael paying foreign private companies to kick people off the dole

troll account

it was the blueshirt lifter leo the unelected who brought private companies into the social welfare system........thatcheryte scum

Sweet Darling

I wonder if they include people on disibility benefits in the total workforce figure or the unemployed figure?
Who knows what the true number of welfare dependent persons in the working age population really is?
If you are on the holy grail of the welfare junkie the "Diso" you are deemed unable to work and therefor not employable.

Sweet Darling

it was the blueshirt lifter leo the unelected who brought private companies into the social welfare system........thatcheryte scum
Aaaa the Nazi collaborators wants something done about the Gays, old habits die hard.

Looks like it's time to chop off Herr Russells head again.

devoutcapitalist

blueshirts have been lying about alot of figures for a long time now
All governments lie about the true unemployment stats, the unemployment stats don't include people receiving the lone parent family payment who don't work at all, yes I know single parents receiving that payment can work up to 20 hours per week.

The employment rate would be a more accurate reflection of hidden levels of unemployment or underemployment along with the Labour Force participation rate.

Gin Soaked

All governments lie about the true unemployment stats, the unemployment stats don't include people receiving the lone parent family payment who don't work at all, yes I know single parents receiving that payment can work up to 20 hours per week.

The employment rate would be a more accurate reflection of hidden levels of unemployment or underemployment along with the Labour Force participation rate.
So a lone parent working 20 hrs because she has to look after kids after school. My take is that she is not unemployed, she is working as much as circumstances / obligations / economics allow.

Same lone parent NOT working is unemployed.

Someone on Jobs-bridge or similar, should be counted as unemployed. Until they avail of non state funded employment (even if they remain in receipt of lone parents or FIS).

Anyone else on JB or JS is unemployed. As is anyone on a disability benefit where the disability is not an impairment to employment or is something which can be overcome. I would include drug addiction or many mental health conditions.

Lots of people work with mental health conditions. It is hard, but they do.

If you can work and be paid by an employer, but don't, you are unemployed.

More tricky are the underemployed due to odious Zero hours contracts where they are available for 37 hrs a week. So where it is not their doing that they are underemployed. Possibly a separate banding of Underemployed as a stat to show the impact of casual workers.

gijoe

Most countries take a fanciful view of their unemployment numbers. It helps their respective economies. Just look at the States - more than 40 million people qualify for food stamps. That's about 25-30% of the workforce over there. So roughly translated about 30% of the work force is in receipt of assistance or as we call it, a social welfare payment. That is frightening.
The is a time limited social welfare cheque of I think 26 weeks, but I'm open to correction on that, if you have sufficient contribution to the Federal fund.

troll account

I think you will find that it goes back to Joan Burton's time.
If you are going to contradict get your facts right burton brought in job bridge(free labour for business scheme) varadkar brought in job path an actual private company forcing people off the dole by any tricks they can come up with

stopdoingstuff

I have them all flummoxed because while I do have a job and get paid, I only pretend to be working. Take that, government statisticians.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom