Receiver appointed to Jim Mansfield's Citywest Group - 400 jobs at risk

Grumpy Jack

Just breaking. Few details yet.

Receiver appointed to Citywest Hotel - The Irish Times - Tue, Jul 06, 2010

Some 400 jobs could be under threat after a receiver was appointed to CItywest Hotel, it emerged this evening.

Citywest Hotel, one of the biggest hotels in Europe, comprises 1,730 hotel rooms, suites and apartments; two golf courses and a large convention centre. It employs some 400 people.

Bank of Scotland (Ireland) Limited has appointed Martin Ferris of Ferris & Associates as receiver to the company HSS, trading as Citywest Hotel, Golf and Leisure.

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
A scrap merchant becomes a hands-on hotelier and it doesn't work out - what a surprise.

P.

jacko

A scrap merchant becomes a hands-on hotelier and it doesn't work out - what a surprise.

P.
here here - sorry for the jobs at risk but I hope Mansfield ends up on the scrap heap himself !

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
here here - sorry for the jobs at risk but I hope Mansfield ends up on the scrap heap himself !
Having heard stories for years from staff who knew the place, seeing how badly the place was doing on sites like Tripadvisor and then factoring in that it's a tourist hotel in the middle of nowhere, I always thought it was a matter of time and I imagine that most staff were likewise.

P.

corelli

There was a spin piece in the Indo, I think, this last weekend with Mansfield saying everything was fine and some American company had approached him with a view to buying the Group for One Billion. HA!! Spin spin spin.

Le Grinch

Mansfield is another one of the bertie boys, over exposed & over stayed! I've a bit of delight in his demise but worried we, the tax payer, will end up with his bar bill which I'm sure will have the Palmanstown House & Weston added on as extra's!!

jacko

just looked at the trip advisor comments - surprised that they havent been gone for years !

corelli

In my view, its a complete Kip and they have no idea how to run a hotel. FF Ard Feis etc kept them going for years. Don't know anyone who stayed there voluntarily, ie not at a conference there, who liked it.

jmayo

There was a spin piece in the Indo, I think, this last weekend with Mansfield saying everything was fine and some American company had approached him with a view to buying the Group for One Billion. HA!! Spin spin spin.
Ahh poor ould jim. he he he
Maybe andrea roche saw the writing on the wall ?

Sad for the decent workers but not for mansfield and his tribe.

Mansfield is another one of the bertie boys, over exposed & over stayed! I've a bit of delight in his demise but worried we, the tax payer, will end up with his bar bill which I'm sure will have the Palmanstown House & Weston added on as extra's!!
Yeah I would be interested in Weston alright.
Another egotistical dream.

adrem

In my view, its a complete Kip and they have no idea how to run a hotel. FF Ard Feis etc kept them going for years. Don't know anyone who stayed there voluntarily, ie not at a conference there, who liked it.
I think the FG ones were held there too. . . . and a snooker tournament?? . . . and Darts?? can't remember the rest. Hope some of the jobs are saved though.

stanley

This will hurt the FF'ers, they have been living on this operation's largesse for some time, presume if it is BoS this is not a Nama job.

Mansfield might sing a bit if he aint helped out, his son had Judgment marked against him a couple of weeks ago.

Receiver, Martin Ferris is the same lad involved in the bars at DAA, another FF stronghold, you can be sure he will be off Ahern's xMas card list.

Grumpy Jack

I'm no fan of Jim Mansfield and his brood but the gloating here is sickening.

At least 400 jobs are at risk here and probably more in related businesses of Mansfields and in Tallaght and Saggart.

That's 400-plus families hit if these jobs go under - and 400 extra people on the dole which will put another dent of about €4 million in the social welfare buget.

But go on, have your moment people - gloat away.

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
No glee here - just pointing out that I knew of problems with the place from staff even during the good times. The problem with Ireland was that people got into the hotel business who had no idea about it.

P.

Grumpy Jack

No glee here - just pointing out that I knew of problems with the place from staff even during the good times. The problem with Ireland was that people got into the hotel business who had no idea about it.

P.
My understanding is that the hotel performs reasonably well but is being dragged down as it is forced to carry the cost of the massive expansion of the group and other businesses within it. We'll see what comes out in the wash.

brughahaha

I'm no fan of Jim Mansfield and his brood but the gloating here is sickening.

At least 400 jobs are at risk here and probably more in related businesses of Mansfields and in Tallaght and Saggart.

That's 400-plus families hit if these jobs go under - and 400 extra people on the dole which will put another dent of about €4 million in the social welfare buget.

But go on, have your moment people - gloat away.
+1 especially as many of the posts are simply unfounded smears and innuendo ..... a few days on P.ie and you understand why the british tabloids have such a strong presence here :rolleyes:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies