Recidivist crim uses the media to gain social advantages. Law abiding Citizens should be prioritised.

realistic1

Recidivist crim uses the media to gain social advantages. Law abiding Citizens should be prioritised.

I just read this article on a recidivist crim who claims she is forced to spend hours on bus to 'stay warm" This woman who has spent her life terrorizing and robbing the public, now turns to the same public looking for help and pity. Personally I dont have much sympathy for her, but what really annoy me is that a publication will run such a story. I reckon this article is just a move from a crim to take advantage and the Limerick leader is enabling her. There is many law abiding Citizens who are also in similar predicaments and would not get similar coverage.

I believe that Law abiding Citizens should always be prioritised over the law breakers, as it would act as an incentive.

Limerick grandmother forced to spend hours on bus to 'stay warm' - Limerick Leader

Felixness

A quick search turned up this info on her last year.

Carlow Nationalist — Limerick city food bank runs out of supplies and turns over 100 people away

I wonder if she's notified the council that she has her pregnant daughter and 2 grand children living with her? Surely the daughter would be in receipt of Social Welfare payments and Child benefit so could contribute towards heating costs? She's certainly an ambitious thief, one article mentions her walking out of a store with a 42 inch TV.

A quick search turned up this info on her last year.

Carlow Nationalist — Limerick city food bank runs out of supplies and turns over 100 people away

I wonder if she's notified the council that she has her pregnant daughter and 2 grand children living with her? Surely the daughter would be in receipt of Social Welfare payments and Child benefit so could contribute towards heating costs? She's certainly an ambitious thief, one article mentions her walking out of a store with a 42 inch TV.
"Mary Ann Jackson, (44), from Ballinacurra Weston, also received a food bag: “I’m looking after my daughter and her two children. I have to come here, I’ve no choice.”

“I’m collecting the bag as I have my daughter living with me and she has two children and is pregnant with her third.”

“It’s my first time here, ever. I’d be delighted with anything they can give me to tell you the truth. I don’t care what’s in (the bag).”

“Money is tight, especially when I have to come to places like this, that I never came to before…I’m not saying it’s degrading, or that I’m better than anyone else; but it is hard.”

LOVE the First time ever bit, in previous years she likel cut out the food bank and just took it direct from the shops.

Felixness

"Mary Ann Jackson, (44), from Ballinacurra Weston, also received a food bag: “I’m looking after my daughter and her two children. I have to come here, I’ve no choice.”

“I’m collecting the bag as I have my daughter living with me and she has two children and is pregnant with her third.”

“It’s my first time here, ever. I’d be delighted with anything they can give me to tell you the truth. I don’t care what’s in (the bag).”

“Money is tight, especially when I have to come to places like this, that I never came to before…I’m not saying it’s degrading, or that I’m better than anyone else; but it is hard.”

LOVE the First time ever bit, in previous years she likel cut out the food bank and just took it direct from the shops.
No father/father's to provide for the grandchildren either by the sound of it.

realistic1

One wonders will those unfortunate kids be on the front page of leader in decades to come.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Hard to have sympathy for someone who caused so much suffering to others.

How many were deprived by her actions? End of the list I think.

farnaby

what really annoy me is that a publication will run such a story. I reckon this article is just a move from a crim to take advantage and the Limerick leader is enabling her. There is many law abiding Citizens who are also in similar predicaments and would not get similar coverage.
Double-edged sword this one. I imagine most readers would have the same opinion as yourself - she and her daughter have brought their situation on themselves.

And in this case i'd agree - but worry that it spreads the "being poor is your own fault" narrative that stifles the will to deal with genuine cases.

blokesbloke

Double-edged sword this one. I imagine most readers would have the same opinion as yourself - she and her daughter have brought their situation on themselves.

And in this case i'd agree - but worry that it spreads the "being poor is your own fault" narrative that stifles the will to deal with genuine cases.
No, only in her case.

She's just not used to living within her means - when she wanted something before she just stole it.

Presumably she's stopped now and is finding out just how difficult life can be when you have to actually pay for things like an honest normal person.

My heart bleeds.

Perhaps someone will steal what little she has one day and she'll understand how it feels to be stolen from.

Disillusioned democrat

Grandmother at 44...no males in the picture.

Thank you Social Welfare and liberal policies for making being hermaphroditic a real option in Ireland.

realistic1

The Limerick leader is irresponsible in promoting such a story because the law abiding poor will be associated with the likes of this crim.

Felixness

It doesn't spread that narrative. I'm not sure what the LL's angle on the story is tbh. There's a lot of hidden poverty in Ireland and most people don't resort to theft as a result of poverty. She's scum and she should be at the bottom of the list. I pity the grandchildren. She's 44 years old and her daughter who is living with her already has 2 kids and is pregnant with a third. This is what happens when you provide a free house and benefits for life with no expectation that people will finish school or ever work to provide for themselves. The majority of Limerick people are decent hard working law abiding folks but there's a lot of people there who come from generations of workshy families who suckle on the taxpayers teats for their entire lives, it's a lifestyle choice made possible by the likes of Willy o'Dea.

beazlebottom

probably another immaculate conception to be underwritten by the bottomless pit that is the group of working stiffs i.e PAYE workers, who underwrite all this bullsh*te.

blokesbloke

It doesn't spread that narrative. I'm not sure what the LL's angle on the story is tbh. There's a lot of hidden poverty in Ireland and most people don't resort to theft as a result of poverty. She's scum and she should be at the bottom of the list. I pity the grandchildren. She's 44 years old and her daughter who is living with her already has 2 kids and is pregnant with a third. This is what happens when you provide a free house and benefits for life with no expectation that people will finish school or ever work to provide for themselves. The majority of Limerick people are decent hard working law abiding folks but there's a lot of people there who come from generations of workshy families who suckle on the taxpayers teats for their entire lives, it's a lifestyle choice made possible by the likes of Willy o'Dea.
The angle is that this promotes outrage which sells newspapers.

It's worked, or there wouldn't be a thread here.

Newspapers do this a lot, but they don't often mention that they pay the person in the article.

A small paper like that might not, so for her it's probably a mixture of getting attention, which her shameless type adore, and hoping the publicity will mean she gets priority help from Social Welfare - which she probably will.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

According to the article:

Described by Judge Eugene O'Kelly in Limerick District Court in 2013 as someone who could “only be described as a professional thief”, she has over 100 previous convictions, mainly for theft, but has insisted that she has put her criminal past behind her.
It would be nice to think she had a road to Damascas style change of heart but most likely, its more a logistical matter:

Her mobility has been severely reduced since the operation last year, she said, and she is now using a wheelchair, a ventilator and is on extensive medication.
One might have sympathy for someone who is ill of course, poor health can afflict anyone at any time:

“I didn’t ask to be this sick. I used to be an active person. Now I can barely walk to the door and it’s killing me.”
Yet:

She has type 2 diabetes

blokesbloke

According to the article:

It would be nice to think she had a road to Damascas style change of heart but most likely, its more a logistical matter:

One might have sympathy for someone who is ill of course, poor health can afflict anyone at any time:

Yet:
Sounds like she is getting excellent medical care and extensive medication and equipment worth thousands upon thousands of euros.

Presumably all provided by the state?

So, what is it she hasn't got that she wants?

realistic1

Sounds like she is getting excellent medical care and extensive medication and equipment worth thousands upon thousands of euros.

So, what is it she hasn't got that she wants?
Well like many other recidivist crims, she has a massive sense of entitlement so I guess she just wants everything.

Stentor

It's dads fault.

One wonders will those unfortunate kids be on the front page of leader in decades to come.
It will be their fault if they are. Especially the unborn one.

probably another immaculate conception to be underwritten by the bottomless pit that is the group of working stiffs i.e PAYE workers, who underwrite all this bullsh*te.
Undoubtedly true on all counts. Except the immaculate conception. That's impossible. Unless you're insane or religious.

Naturally. We are all equal before the God-State.

Damn. I thought for a minute you were going to blame the state. Carry on.

Felixness

It's dads fault.

It will be their fault if they are. Especially the unborn one.

Undoubtedly true on all counts. Except the immaculate conception. That's impossible. Unless you're insane or religious.

Naturally. We are all equal before the God-State.

Damn. I thought for a minute you were going to blame the state. Carry on.
It's all under control, Limerick Prison is piloting a parenting course for inmates so I'm sure there'll be a massive reduction in crime and no doubt a sudden desire for dead beat dads to man the frick up and provide for their kids. Pigs might fly.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies