• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Red C Poll 16/07/16-Sunday Business Post.

PBP voter

sport02

sport02

Sinn Féin is crashing. They need new leadership. The party leadership is just too stale, it needs a new younger fresh face.
Fianna Fáil are obliterating them in the polls and easily wiped the floor with them in GE16.

Dame_Enda

SF are not "crashing". They are where they were when the votes were counted.

Red C had Labour on 10% before the last election so they are probably closer to 4% now.

FF will suffer when people see them continue to break their promises with these votes on delaying decisions on Irish Water and zero hour contracts.

Not voting FG either. The bosses party.

turdsl

Sinn Féin is crashing. They need new leadership. The party leadership is just too stale, it needs a new younger fresh face.
Fianna Fáil are obliterating them in the polls and easily wiped the floor with them in GE16.
The best thing is to bring it up at one of their meetings they are starting up.

sport02

SF are not "crashing". They are where they were when the votes were counted.

Red C had Labour on 10% before the last election so they are probably closer to 4% now.

FF will suffer when people see them continue to break their promises with these votes on delaying decisions on Irish Water and zero hour contracts.

Not voting FG either. The bosses party.
Polls overstate Sinn Féin support. By the way the RedC poll before the election had SF on 17%, they achieved just 13% on election day.
And comparing them to Fianna Fáil who until relatively recently some suggested were in a tight race to be overtaken by SF, I think it's fair to say the party is crashing.

Se0samh

Polls overstate Sinn Féin support. By the way the RedC poll before the election had SF on 17%, they achieved just 13% on election day.
And comparing them to Fianna Fáil who until relatively recently some suggested were in a tight race to be overtaken by SF, I think it's fair to the party is crashing.
Of course you do...................:rolleyes:

GDPR

The story for me is, FG must get rid of Kenny or continue to play Mickey's fiddle and hope

Dame_Enda

And comparing them to Fianna Fáil who until relatively recently some suggested were in a tight race to be overtaken by SF, I think it's fair to say the party is crashing.
I think though that the way the Red C model works means that its less likely to be far wrong this time. The reason: My understanding is that (at least from what I read in the SBP in the past) Red C weights voters according to certainty to vote, and if they are DKs, allots them to how they voted at the last election. Now in 2011 obviously it was NOT typical of usual voting patterns due to the crash and the collapse of FF. As such, allotting DKs to FG because they voted that way last time was always likely to overestimate their support in the 2016 election.

In this election voting patterns are closer to traditional FF-FG patterns though obviously FF is still far from they were in 2007 and before. But it still means its more likely to be closer to reality that the pre 2016 GE results. I think so anyway.

sport02

Just seen this on twitter.

Gerry Adams told to step down by Sinn Féin cumann chairman - The Irish News

Gerry Adams told to step down by Sinn Féin cumann chairman

Dear Editor,
I have just read your interview with the Sinn Féin President Mr Gerry Adams wherein he stated he has no plans to retire.
This is not good news for Sinn Féin. Gerry Adams should have plans to retire from the leader of the Sinn Féin party.
I was at the Sinn Féin Ard Fheis in 1986 when the then leadership of Sinn Féin was voted out and Mr Adams voted in as leader.
I supported that transition of leadership because I knew that the years ahead needed the leadership of the northern men and women under Mr Adams to steer the republican movement from conflict to peace.
This has now been successfully achieved, due in no small measure to Mr Adams and his team at the top of Sinn Féin party. A great debt of gratitude is due to Mr Adams for the fact we now have peace on the island of Ireland.
But just as there was a time for change in 1986, there is a time for change again in 2016. Sammy Davis Junior once famously said that one of the great secrets of life was "knowing when to get on the stage, and knowing when to get off it".I believe the time has come for Mr Adams to get off it.
Also, McNulty said.
"It's nothing personal but it's time to move over and give a younger, more dynamic person a chance."
He is spot on.

Dame_Enda

A refusal to step down will only spark speculation as to what reason there might be for this.

cogar

I thought the FG figure would be worse. Imagine if we had a good week! The disappointment of opponents to FG that we did not have a crisis. The media are raging that all the political drama is in the UK. Our leader will retire when he is good and ready.

And the poll? We will live with it.

Mushroom

Looney Left of SF IRA AAA PBP down to 18%

The left / right divide :)
It might be more accurate to describe it as the wrong / right divide!

(I note that you omitted the Greens from your "loonie" category - very charitable of you!)

sic transit

He would seem to be a fairly minor-ranking player in the SF hierarchy, however.
Such demands these days force denials from highers-up, a news cycle or two of gossip, innuendo and speculation and PP odds shortening. Depending on the next election date I can't see him staying in the hot seat for more than a couple of years more.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies