Red C Poll 26th November: FG 25, FF 24, SF 16, Inds 12, Lab 5, AAAPBP 5, IA 4, SD 4, Green 3, RN 1

PBP voter

Irish politics is basically in a holding pattern at the moment, there won't be much change in poll figures until Kenny's successor is in situ.
I think for 12-18 months after an election people don't really change their mind that much. People give time to see how the government and opposition perform.

Expect people to start looking at things critically from next September onward.

hiding behind a poster

The SD questioning the Swedish model represents a sort-of anti SM grouping in the Dail including the Greens and AAAPBP, and some Inds like Catherine Connolly.
What?

hiding behind a poster

I think for 12-18 months after an election people don't really change their mind that much. People give time to see how the government and opposition perform.

Expect people to start looking at things critically from next September onward.
Yeah there's usually an element of that too.

wombat

There is no party in Ireland that fills me with any confidence. Ireland needs a party that is anti-globalisation and against mass migration. It's the only way to preserve our nation and identity but also the only way to maintain a decent standard of living for the working class.
If you really care, you could start such a party but a more realistic option would be to join whichever existing party is closest to your ideal and try and influence them. Of course there's always the father Ted option, spend time on d'internet posting down with that sort of thing.

realistic1

Elites suffering continues. No return to the closed shop of FF-FG-Lab. The Soldiers of Pretensity fooling no-one playing hokey-pokey with water charges.
What ever way you look at it the elites are still in a position of power, and going by these polls they will continue to rule, unless massive ground is made by SF and the other political oddities.

hiding behind a poster

What ever way you look at it the elites are still in a position of power, and going by these polls they will continue to rule, unless massive ground is made by SF and the other political oddities.
The majority can't be the elite.

Mrwoody

RTE are reporting this as Big 2 enjoy half the voters, yes they said the 2 biggest parties have to join together to get to 50% of the votes in the country, theres some lazy reporting right there.

sic transit

RTE are reporting this as Big 2 enjoy half the voters, yes they said the 2 biggest parties have to join together to get to 50% of the votes in the country, theres some lazy reporting right there.
I think you'll find that they observed that if you add their two numbers together you get almost 50%.

jmcc

Go easy on them. They are in mourning for Castro. Wonder what they'll do when that North Korean chap kicks the bucket?

Betson

Did Labour get any kind of bounce at all in any of the polls up to now since Howlin became leader?

ger12

Shinners should be happy.

I stood a foot away from Adams when I was last in the town some weeks ago. Wow, he's very agile and fit and looked in the very best of health which surprised me.

ger12

Did Labour get any kind of bounce at all in any of the polls up to now since Howlin became leader?
Nope.

The polls must be wrong. :lol: The People must be confused.

jmcc

No. And given the problems with polling and adjustments, the Greens and AAA/PBP might be ahead of them.

realistic1

Shinners should be happy.

I stood a foot away from Adams when I was last in the town some weeks ago. Wow, he's very agile and fit and looked in the very best of health which surprised me.
Access to Private health care is a God send ;)

Polybius

If you really care, you could start such a party but a more realistic option would be to join whichever existing party is closest to your ideal and try and influence them. Of course there's always the father Ted option, spend time on d'internet posting down with that sort of thing.
Says the guy with 32,000 posts

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies