Red C poll- FF 26 (-1) FG 25 (no change) Sinn Féin 13 (-2) Independents 10 (no change) AAA-PBP 9 (+3) Independent Alliance 6 (+2) Labour

Dame_Enda

Red C poll- FF 26 (-1) FG 25 (no change) Sinn Féin 13 (-2) Independents 10 (no change) AAA-PBP 9 (+3) Independent Alliance 6 (+2) Labour

Fianna Fáil 26 (-1)
Fine Gael 25 (no change)
Sinn Féin 13 (-2)
Independents 10 (no change)
AAA-PBP 9 (+3)
Independent Alliance 6 (+2)
Labour 5 (-2)
Social Democrats 3 (-1)
Green Party 3 (+1)

Traditional parties down to 56% now around last GE.

Ex celt

Great news for the democrats amongst us that the sf/ira vote has evaporated and that democracy is therefore that little bit safer.

Dame_Enda

9% for AAAPBP would be historic.

Voters not buying "Independents = Chaos" line from INM and News talk.

The sugar may not taste as sweet coming from several spoons but it may be more fairly shared.

Galloglass

Great news for the democrats amongst us that the sf/ira vote has evaporated and that democracy is therefore that little bit safer.
You are aware that the term "Sinn Féin-IRA" was coined by Rev.Paisley to legitimize the murder of elected representatives by loyalist Paramilitaries I assume?

Democrat?...............I'm afraid not.

Last edited:

Ex celt

You are aware that the term "Sinn Féin-IRA" was coined by Rev.Paisley to legitimize the murder of elected representatives by loyalist Paramilitaries I assume?

It was coined by Val Doonican after sf/ira threatened to shoot him.

midlander12

Yawn. A nothing poll, signifying virtually nothing. As in the last GE, FF and FG have 50% of the electorate more or less equally divided between them, with the other half hopelessly divided between a plethora of left-wing parties and left-leaning indos, none of whom like each other very much, and also an added layer of centrist parish-pump indos like those currently assisting FF in propping up FG.

In short, yawn's the word.

mangaire2

Yawn. A nothing poll, signifying virtually nothing. As in the last GE, FF and FG have 50% of the electorate more or less equally divided between them, with the other half hopelessly divided between a plethora of left-wing parties and left-leaning indos, none of whom like each other very much, and also an added layer of centrist parish-pump indos like those currently assisting FF in propping up FG.

In short, yawn's the word.
as always, no point in getting too excited about a single poll.
however this poll more or less confirms the trend since the GE -
FF have emerged as level, or slightly ahead of FG.
Labour in dire straits.
Indos have lost support.
the looney lefties can fell encouraged & SF can be disappointed by this poll,
but both should remember that the gain/loss here is within the MOE.
Social Dems going nowhere.
on a positive note - at least this poll, hasn't the Worker's Party on 3% !

McDave

It's not a term I'd use myself. But it's easy to argue that the cap fits...

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
I'll tell you how good the economy is doing....it's a beautiful Saturday on a bank holiday weekend...and I am at home. Nuff said. If I left the house now and went for a beer or two it would cost approx 110€, taxi, two beers, two glasses wine, pub grub x2. And that would be basic industrial beer and run of the mill overpriced food I could make at home.

Why is it so expensive. Who are these fn Diagio people that charge these prices for watery tastless beer?

Why is it so expensive. Who are these fn Diagio people that charge these prices for watery tastless beer?
They don't............................... take the VAT and Excise duty off it and you would be surprised what the cost of producing an 11 gallon keg is................Govt makes the cash from Alcohol for doing zilch.

macedo

Fianna Fáil 26 (-1)
Fine Gael 25 (no change)
Sinn Féin 13 (-2)
Independents 10 (no change)
AAA-PBP 9 (+3)
Independent Alliance 6 (+2)
Labour 5 (-2)
Social Democrats 3 (-1)
Green Party 3 (+1)

Traditional parties down to 56% now around last GE.
When was the last time SF were this low in the polls? Well below polls taken before last election and even below actual SF vote in any free state election in the last five years or more (and SF always poll higher than they deliver on)

Dorcha

When was the last time SF were this low in the polls? Well below polls taken before last election and even below actual SF vote in any free state election in the last five years or more (and SF always poll higher than they deliver on)
What is this Free State?

politirak

I think we beed to take these polls with a pinch of salt. Last week one poll had SF at 20% another had them at 15%.

locke

So now will follow 25 pages discussing nothing at all.
Not this one. There's really nothing to see here regardless of what party you support. The ASA/PBP move is the only thing at all notable. Maybe Labour slipping down to 5% too, but there are few Labour posters left and those that are here won't want to talk about it.

Northsideman

Not this one. There's really nothing to see here regardless of what party you support. The ASA/PBP move is the only thing at all notable. Maybe Labour slipping down to 5% too, but there are few Labour posters left and those that are here won't want to talk about it.
What will be worth noting is where SF now start to aim their fire (no pun intended), I don't see them making much headway against FF and none at all against FG, so will they battle those on the left? Have they maxed out their support?

drummed

Bigly slump for the IRA. Populism will only get you so far it seems.

Man or Mouse

What will be worth noting is where SF now start to aim their fire (no pun intended), I don't see them making much headway against FF and none at all against FG, so will they battle those on the left? Have they maxed out their support?
Or another possibility. Have they become irrelevant?

New Threads

Most Replies