Red C Poll - FG down, FF/SF up, Indos in trouble 8/7/17

ger12

Last edited:

Wascurito

The Leo bounce has been shorter lived than expected. It's good news for Fianna Fáil and Sinn Féin and the Labour Party is holding its own against its rivals further to the left, Solidarity/PBP.

There's life in the Renua dog yet and the biggest losers are the Independents.

Fine Gael - 27% (-2)
Fianna Fáil - 24% (+3)
Sinn Féin - 18% (+3)
Independents - 8% (-6)
Labour Party - 6% (NC)
Independent Alliance - 4% (+1)
Green Party - 4% (+1)
Solidarity/PBP - 4% (+1)
Renua - 3% (+2)
Social Democrats - 2% (-2)

ger12

No sharp GE then?
They've (residents of Dáil Éireann from all political affiliations) been acting as if they've already hit election mode. Fierce amount of doughnutting of late.

I've reported my error in the thread title btw.

LDF

Was the poll taken before Leo wore those socks? I expect a sock related bounce in the next poll.

ger12

Was the poll taken before Leo wore those socks? I expect a sock related bounce in the next poll.
A bounce? It was cringe inducing.

Fullforward

I don't believe the figures, especially Renua being on 3%.

Northsideman

I don't believe the figures, especially Renua being on 3%.
Why not? Do you think the pro life vote has gone away? It ain't. They are gearing up for a massive push and you will see splits in all the big parties on the issue. This campaign has only begun and the people will decide not the parties, it's going to get rough

Artemisia

After - one of the questions was about whether you thought Leo was all style over substance. The socks were fresh on my mind when replying. I'm surprised how little they reveal of these polls actually, just the parties percentages - I was asked about Maire Whelan and every combination of minority government possible after the next general election, among other things. Wondering who the rest of the info goes to...

LDF

After - one of the questions was about whether you thought Leo was all style over substance. The socks were fresh on my mind when replying. I'm surprised how little they reveal of these polls actually, just the parties percentages - I was asked about Maire Whelan and every combination of minority government possible after the next general election, among other things. Wondering who the rest of the info goes to...
Interesting. Thank you.

midlander12

At least SF are back on 18%. That's the main thing. It's a sine qua non of recent opinion polls that SF must be on 18%.

On a more serious note, once again - NO ELECTION. FF are barely back to their 2016 figure. The Indos are melting away which was entirely predictable. Some of this vote will go to SF, and some will go back to FF and FG. But any gains for the three of them would in all likelihood be marginal. At the moment no one has any motive to pull the plug. Varadkar will be left to deal with the abortion referendum and Brexit, two issues FF will most assuredly not want on its plate.

LDF

Yes I'm sure that's highly likely. They could of course also be on 0%, presumably. Do Renua even have a leader, prospective candidates etc?
Yes and yes etc.

Northsideman

At least SF are back on 18%. That's the main thing. It's a sine qua non of recent opinion polls that SF must be on 18%.

On a more serious note, once again - NO ELECTION. FF are barely back to their 2016 figure. The Indos are melting away which was entirely predictable. Some of this vote will go to SF, and some will go back to FF and FG. But any gains for the three of them would in all likelihood be marginal. At the moment no one has any motive to pull the plug. Varadkar will be left to deal with the abortion referendum and Brexit, two issues FF will most assuredly not want on its plate.
The issue with the indos is that on the back benches they can be all things to all men and women but once off the ditch and on the pitch they are exposed as useless gobsh!tes. Finian McGrath and some of the other clowns are now toast, can't feckin wait.

Towerfall

Had the chance to have a few drinks with Renua's new chief of policy/strategy guy at a meeting a while back, far more on the ball than I had expected.

Not suprised to see them coming back. Won't be suprised if they keep going up.

Northsideman

Had the chance to have a few drinks with Renua's new chief of policy/strategy guy at a meeting a while back, far more on the ball than I had expected.

Not suprised to see them coming back. Won't be suprised if they keep going up.
There is nought like a cause to galvanise a campaign and they have a cause to rally around.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies