• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Red C poll out this Sunday

If there were to be a General Election tomorrow which political party would you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ringo Starr

Earlier today I was contacted by the Red C polling company.

The questions asked were something like this:

If there were to be a GE tomorrow which political party would you vote for?
How positive are you that you'd vote ? (out of ten)
Who did you vote for at last GE and 2007 GE?
How would you rate current party leaders? (out of ten)

Should Abortion on demand be permitted? Agree Strongly, Agree Slightly or Disagree Strongly, Disagree Slighty or Don't Know.

Which option would be the best? Abortion on Demand, Legislate for X or Legislate but not for suicide?

Any predictions of what party support will be ? (%)

TiredOfBeingTired

Since a General Election is so far away, any questions on party support are barely relevant.

The abortion questions may be more relevant.

Tough Paddy

Since a General Election is so far away, any questions on party support are barely relevant.

The abortion questions may be more relevant.
Indeed! That will not stop the rush to this thread though with pages of pages of posters giving absolute opinions about the electorate both before and after the opinion poll!

1, 2, 3...

Last edited:

True Republican

ff will be at 23% i reckon, fg 26%, labour 13%, sinn fein 18%.

Red_93

This is the first poll after the budget. Should be interesting. If it does not show a labour drop then I would be highly skeptical of them "going the way of the PDs and greens" as everyone on this site has been saying for the last while.

FloatingVoterTralee

HBAP has been consistently right on that, to the extent that Labour have polled in the 12-16% range since the GE, so the party were merely returning to pre-'08 norms. As for FG, 28% was rock-bottom of their recent trends, but hard to see what positive news will return them above 30% other than the last poll being a notable outlier.

Cato

ff will be at 23% i reckon, fg 26%, labour 13%, sinn fein 18%.
Labour would be delighted with 13%. They've been knocking around 14% for a while now. Even 12% would be tolerable. It would have to be single digits before the alarm bells go off.

statsman

I predict that there will be ~20% support for abortion on demand.

Rocky

I'd say both FG and Labour will be down, probably a good bit, with in response to that FF, SF and Independents all up.

The which option is best question will be the most interesting bit.

ShankillFalls

The abortion question is ridiculous without giving a suggested time limit. I am against abortion on demand up to 40 weeks but would be in favour up to 12/14 weeks. By not specifying a time limit you are going to get very low numbers in favour.

Howya

I wonder whether conflating the questions on abortion and party support are deliberately designed to identfity whether party support flows with views on abortion (or vice versa)?

statsman

The bald question would seem to me to militate against a pro-liberalisation vote.
The abortion question is ridiculous without giving a suggested time limit. I am against abortion on demand up to 40 weeks but would be in favour up to 12/14 weeks. By not specifying a time limit you are going to get very low numbers in favour.
I wonder whether conflating the questions on abortion and party support are deliberately designed to identfity whether party support flows with views on abortion (or vice versa)?
I'm inclined to think that a number of people in the real world take a less nuanced view. About 20%, in fact.

Bren Boru

Polls are meaningless.

Therefore, the inclusion of the questions on abortion is purely mischievous.

Rocky

It will be interesting to see those results.

However I imagine the poll is one of the Sunday Business Post tracking polls, so of course it will cover party support and with it being one of the key issues right now it would have to cover abortion too. It would be a pretty crap poll if it didn't.

Cato

It will be interesting to see those results.

However I imagine the poll is one of the Sunday Business Post tracking polls, so of course it will cover party support and with it being one of the key issues right now it would have to cover abortion too. It would be a pretty crap poll if it didn't.
It's early for a SBP poll - Paddy Power?

ergo2

I thought SBP polls were usualy on last Sunday of month. What does Factual say about this.

I feel that current difficulties in Labour bring the next GE nearer. Perhaps nearer by say six months for each 1% drop in polls below 14%. Perhaps the psephologists could devise a formula

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies