• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Red state residents petition to secede from Washington

FloatingVoterTralee

Of course, secession is illegal under the US Constitution since the end of the Civil War, but still interesting to note as an indicator of national polarisation. Such was the Texan ire, that Obama has to make an official response!:D

Mackers

Does this mean Ireland can vote to get rid of Cavan?:lol:

Ribeye

Of course, secession is illegal under the US Constitution since the end of the Civil War, but still interesting to note as an indicator of national polarisation. Such was the Texan ire, that Obama has to make an official response!:D
Illegal, ooooh, we're so scared,

The United States was born via secession,

What are the scum gonna do, nuke Texas, I think not,

Liberty is rising again folks, it's time to pick a side:)

Last edited:
J

Johnny Boy

The United States was by via secession,

Considering that most of the red states are Third World toilets, I doubt if the inhabitants of the advanced states on the two coasts will be losing any sleep..................

Hitch 22

Alex Jones piles in:

[video=youtube;xgjI7-3eIfM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgjI7-3eIfM[/video]

Ribeye

Considering that most of the red states are Third World toilets, I doubt if the inhabitants of the advanced states on the two coasts will be losing any sleep..................
I am open to correction here, but if memory serves,TX is the 17th largest economy on the planet,

And you know who is being tipped for president if she can break free?

If it happens, I'm there, in a heartbeat:)

slippy wicket

Should that not read Red Neck States.

Just sayin, Cleitus don't like them thar naggers. :roll:

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Secession is not illegal under the US Constitution. There are no provisions for it but I don't think that makes it illegal(?).

No States have tried to secede since the outcome of the Civil War.

slippy wicket

Alex Jones piles in:

[video=youtube;xgjI7-3eIfM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgjI7-3eIfM[/video]
Oh come on, Alex jones. That man is a certifiable lunatic,

pippakin

I'm sure it won't happen this time but I think it will happen and in the not too distant future.

Dan_Murphy

Aren't most of the Red states receipient states and most of the blue states donor states in the US?

Surely if anything the Blue states should be looking to kick the red states out!

pragmaticapproach

The United States was by via secession,

States should have every right to secession, but I doubt that Texas would become a libertarian paradise, too many social conservative elements and farmers who currently receive subsidies from the federal government.

The result would most likely be a conservative welfare state, unless they further devolve power to municipal governments.

Ribeye

States should have every right to secession, but I doubt that Texas would become a libertarian paradise, too many social conservative elements and farmers who currently receive subsidies from the federal government.

The result would most likely be a conservative welfare state.
I'm not lookin for paradise Prag, I just want somewhere where the current is moving away from tyranny, instead of towards it,

Everyone knows what Perry is, if it is to happen, he won't lead it,

But lots of people realise that if succession is to succeed, a certain just retired Congressman is the one to plot the route,

As I said, if that happened, I'm there, no doubts, no deliberation, just gone:)

wombat

I am open to correction here, but if memory serves,TX is the 17th largest economy on the planet,

And you know who is being tipped for president if she can break free?
Kinky Friedman?

ManOfReason

I'm sure it won't happen this time but I think it will happen and in the not too distant future.
No it won't happen. Remember most Red States had around 40% or more support Obama and most Blue states similar numbers for Romney. The largest divergence was Utah but I thing there is an obvious reason for that. So there is not actually that huge a difference on the make up of populations across states. So secession is not going to happen anywhere in our lifetimes, just more nonsense filling the web and 24 hours news channels.

2012 Election Results Map by State - Live Voting Updates - POLITICO.com

pragmaticapproach

I'm not lookin for paradise Prag, I just want somewhere where the current is moving away from tyranny, instead of towards it,

Everyone knows what Perry is, if it is to happen, he won't lead it,

But lots of people realise that if succession is to succeed, a certain just retired Congressman is the one to plot the route,

As I said, if that happened, I'm there, no doubts, no deliberation, just gone:)
It depends how they would organise their political structure. If political power was too centralised, the potential for unpredictable change in the wrong direction would be a cause for concern.

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Texas has quite a large MIC does it not?

Seceding would pull all Federal defence funding from the State. I don't think Texans will buy into that... unless it can be replaced with something viable.

pippakin

No it won't happen. Remember most Red States had around 40% or more support Obama and most Blue states similar numbers for Romney. The largest divergence was Utah but I thing there is an obvious reason for that. So there is not actually that huge a difference on the make up of populations across states. So secession is not going to happen anywhere in our lifetimes, just more nonsense filling the web and 24 hours news channels.

2012 Election Results Map by State - Live Voting Updates - POLITICO.com
I don't know the big population states are almost guaranteed to get the president of their choice and there is a lot of resentment of that. I think there will have to be changes or there will eventually be trouble.

ManOfReason

I don't know the big population states are almost guaranteed to get the president of their choice and there is a lot of resentment of that. I think there will have to be changes or there will eventually be trouble.
Or Obama will overreach and a Republican will get elected next time and there will be more Red States and they will be happy for a while.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies