Redacted loses appeal over Red Flag dossier

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Denis O’Brien loses court appeal over Red Flag dossier -- The Irish Times

If you remember, Denis' counsel argued that he's entitled to know whether the person who commissioned the dossier was his "absolute sworn number one enemy in the world" (I wonder who on earth he could have been referring to).

Denis claimed there was a conspiracy against him. The Court of Appeal ruled that the client for the dossier was entitled to have the thing compiled, even if his or her motives might have been less than pure as the driven snow.

Good news?

I think so.

What do you think?

By the way, as far as I know, Denis has never sued Red Flag Consulting, the authors of the dossier, for any of the claims made within it.

O and ... costs were awarded against our Denis. He's apparently considering appealing to the Supreme Court.

Last edited:

Henry94.

I hope The Irish Independent, Newstalk and Today FM are allowed to report the good news with the prominence it deserves. I'm sure the Irish Times will.

eoghanacht

Well that's made my Friday.

eoghanacht

I hope The Irish Independent, Newstalk and Today FM are allowed to report the good news with the prominence it deserves. I'm sure the Irish Times will.
You cur!

eoghanacht

I think he'll appeal. I'm saving my smiles until the Supreme Court gives him the two fingers and a large bill.
Alright then Mr Buzzkillington

enuffisenuff

How will the government placate him over this travesty?

The_SR

I have no idea how he thought he would get any other result

The_SR

Half way down the Indo website front page

Jack Walsh

And two years after Digicel were forced to pull their IPO it is now next to impossible to get up to date accurate financial information.
Hard to believe that I can get more recent and accurate financial information on a plumbing business in Mulingar than I can on a company Irish shillers (including on this site) were telling us was worth at least $14 billion

I wonder if Digicel did go down the pan, possibly due to bondholders refusing to throw any more money at it, would O'Brien sue the state/dail on basis the release of "private" info doomed him?
I suspect he would

A REASON

Hey Denis

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

cozzy121

Which excellent point makes me hope he'll further support the legal profession by appealing to the Supreme Court and eventually paying everyone's costs.
They must be doing this on a "no foal/No Fee basis" because redacted is broke!

Clanrickard

New Threads

Most Replies