• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Reeling in the Years 2000s starting 17th Oct

PrinceMax

It's about time the licence fee was spent on something useful. Can't wait to relive the past ten years.

SideysGhost

Can't wait to relive the past ten years.
I'd rather drill holes in my head, scoop out my eyeballs with a rusty spoon and hack off my feet with a butterknife than relive that decade of bolloxology and rampant stupidity.

jackryan

So We'll be seeing this for the next 10 yrs repeated and repeated and repeated again!!

dresden8

FF might want to run the general election before the public see all the economic triumphalist posturing that was oozing out of the scumbags of destiny while they were destroying the country.

Should be a good refresher course before the government invites the gentlemen of the IMF to asset strip the country.

Dredger

I would rather stand on my head and watch the xfactor than watch that nauseating nostalgia.

splashy

FF might want to run the general election before the public see all the economic triumphalist posturing that was oozing out of the scumbags of destiny while they were destroying the country.

Should be a good refresher course before the government invites the gentlemen of the IMF to asset strip the country.
You can be forgiven for thinking that as the OP didn't specify that it was on RTE.

What were the charts like over the last decade -American rubbish mostly, wasn't it?

SideysGhost

Ah, it is one of the better programme RTÉ makes. Do we reckon theitr previous efforts were prejudiced one way or another?
There's a quite definite slant in the older Reeling In The Years when it comes to the North, but then that's standard for RTÉ in every program.

momoney

i bet it will show bertie in a wonderful light!!!
Not sure about that. This was in the 1993 episode.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKztnNY1q2U]YouTube - Bertie Ahern - 1993 - Tax Evaders[/ame]

The only thing in question is how hard they will go on him.

Skrynesaver

Thanks for that momoney, definitely goes in my list of favourite youtube clips:)

smitchy2

Hopefully it will show Bertie doing many of his deals handing out the pie to all.

It will be vital that this series covers the way in which people bought into the property ladder including all the media drivel pressurising young people into buying homes.

We need a permanent reminder to ensure that this never happens again.
History has taught that each generation tends to forget though.

wexfordman

Always enjoyed the programme actually, Looking forward to it, should be interesting!"

farnaby

2000-2007 will be like watching our happy selves rising to the top of a very high, very rickety rollercoaster with Bertie allowing his friends to skip the queue, Cowen drinking in the control room and both ignoring worried-looking economists enquiring when the last safety checks were done.

Oppenheimer

One of the better programmes RTÉ puts on - looking forward to this. Timing is good too so people can have a good look at what was wasted.

cllr

I would rather stand on my head and watch the xfactor than watch that nauseating nostalgia.
Ah don't be so boring. I enjoyed the previous series and think RTE has done a good job on these - not something I say very often.