Refugees and asylum seekers, coming soon to a place near you

atkin8

Excellent news and well done Wexford for their contribution to the plight of these unfortunate people.
And vote Mick for more and more we can go on All unfortunates no question about it.

Last edited:

Northsideman

No, I didn't know any of the Vietnamese refugees who came here 40 years ago either, almost all of whom went on to work their socks off at whatever work they could get and educated their children and became model citizens.
I'd be very short odds the Syrians will do likewise
So you know nothing whatever about them and their background but you still think we should embrace them? Really?

They may well turn out to be model citizens or they could turn out to to chancer taxi drivers or criminals, this states record of vetting immigrants is a total failure. Have you any spare rooms perhaps you could take some?

DannyDoyle

Puerile reply.
I have a family, I don't want anyone moving in to my house

That they are both desperate people, whose lives have been upended through war, and want a chance anywhere that will let them do so, to rebuild, and therefore are very likely to work their socks off to do just that.
Not all of them, but yes, the vast majority of them will appreciate and repay the decency if accorded them, and I truly believe this.

And that is the crux and where we differ.
I believe most people irrespective of skin colour race or creed, have that level of decency and integrity, you don't.
There are not only Syrians but the majority of so called refugees are African and no need to come here. They can go to neighbouring countries for their economic needs

Jack Walsh

So why don't you personally take in a family yourself.
Because, as I have said, it would be a stupid thing to do to invite another family to come live in my house
Not because it would be dangerous or they'd end up killing me or my family, it would simply be a stupid thing to do for all concerned.
Can I make myself any clearer?

If however a few Syrian families were housed nearby, I'd have no issue with it, none.
Again, can I make myself any clearer?

If someone is a homelessness campaigner, they are a "Virtue Signaller" unless they house homeless families in their own house?
Total f*ckwittery argument.
But in fairness, you and the other racists are good at such.

I would certainly be happier with a few Syrian families living close to me than you, with your "if any African kid every came to my house to see my daughter, I'd do him"

Herr Rommel

Because, as I have said, it would be a stupid thing to do to invite another family to come live in my house
Not because it would be dangerous or they'd end up killing me or my family, it would simply be a stupid thing to do for all concerned.

If however a few Syrian families were housed nearby, I'd have no issue with it, none.

If someone is a homelessness campaigner, they are a "Virtue Signaller" unless they house homeless families in their own house?

I would certainly be happier with a few Syrian families living close to me than you, with your "if any African kid every came to my house to see my daughter, I'd do him"
Do as I say and don’t do as I do.

Thanks for clearing that up.

laughingiraffe

pathetic virtue signaller

StirCharles

A business mans job is to engage in business and make a couple of million. If they help a refugee or two, then that is icing on the cake

atkin8

Your facist pal Hitchcock did not come to your defence he must be banned from this thread. Still full of babble Jack.

RasherHash

Kilkenny councillor: Families of 20, 140 refugees to be housed, 2,000 on the housing list, brand new houses given to refugees ahead of locals who've been on the housing list for 11 years. 25% of cost to come from the council. 4 bed house given to two people, unknown in ordinary housing for locals, councillor reassured 'their families will follow'.

Last edited: