Refusing to be photographed with government party members

He3

Some people have raised this as a small but eloquent way of showing their disapproval of the government's performance.

It came up recently in a post about a government TD who turned up at a school event just in time to stand in for a photo and then leaving. He presumed on people's good nature and reluctance to be seen as impolite.

Given the importance politicians attach to getting their pictures into the media, will more people exercise their right not to be photographed with government TDs and Senators?

Christine Murray

Website
www.poethead.wordpress.com
Some people have raised this as a small but eloquent way of their disapproval of the government's performance.

It came up recently in a post about a government TD who turned up at a school event just in time to stand in for a photo and then leaving. He presumed on people's good nature and reluctance to be seen as impolite.

Given the importance politicians attach to getting their pictures into the media, will more people exercise their right not to be photographed with government TDs and Senators?
it happened at my school recently and the FFer in question was handing out his embossed cards
to 12 year olds- which had me tutting,.

he got the photo, I await the local Newspapers.

his driver had a digital in his pocket , so after the pressing of flesh and refused tea, he
had the kids/staff organised before ye could draw breath- very professional indeed.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Some people have raised this as a small but eloquent way of their disapproval of the government's performance.

I thought of this myself only about an hour ago. Organisations should simply refuse to invite them to anything. This came about in Clonmel last Saturday, when some local FF TD's and councillors joined in with the "Support South Tipp Hospital March".... boo them off the stage when they get into their crocodile tears moment

Hound

The other simple, but effective, thing to do is to give them a thumbs down when you see them on the street. Even if they are some distance away, shout at them and then give them the a big thumbs down.

Gadfly

it happened at my school recently and the FFer in question was handing out his embossed cards

his driver had a digital in his pocket , so after the pressing of flesh and refused tea, he
had the kids/staff organised before ye could draw breath- very professional indeed.
Don't schools nowadays have policies requiring parental permission before photos of their kids are published?
And would this not apply to a TD who was planning to use this on a website or in a leaflet?
The school authorities would be well advised to follow up on this - people lurking on the premises taking photos of kids is not good news.

Christine Murray

Website
www.poethead.wordpress.com
Don't schools nowadays have policies requiring parental permission before photos of their kids are published?
And would this not apply to a TD who was planning to use this on a website or in a leaflet?
The school authorities would be well advised to follow up on this - people lurking on the premises taking photos of kids is not good news.
the school authorities were actually there at the time... so I assume permissions were given, I don't know
where those images will be published.

But am looking out for 'em.

honestly they are very organised and professional about the old narcissism, also, I refused mine
permission to get in the photo (cos I was there) :)

jmayo

Would a parent not have the right to refuse the use of their childrens' images by any outside individual, company, entity or scummy politican ?
Is it not infringing on the childs right to privacy and surely it should not be up to the school authorities to grant that permission ?
It should only be the parent or guardian who woudl have that right ?

He3

Ambush politics.

LDF

I know there is a "count me out" system set up for lapsed Catholics who want to leave the Church.

Should FF offer a similar system to supporters who have seen the light and want to leave the Party? Perhaps it's too difficult to get the 666 removed from a skull.

PatsyOriel

If yu wish not be photographed with a politican then step out and make your views known to the TD etc move on!

He3

the school authorities were actually there at the time... so I assume permissions were given, I don't know
where those images will be published.

But am looking out for 'em.

honestly they are very organised and professional about the old narcissism, also, I refused mine permission to get in the photo (cos I was there) :)

good for you

He3

Would you share a frame with these people?

The Dáil divided: Tá, 83; Níl, 68.

Ahern, Bertie. Ahern, Dermot.
Ahern, Michael. Ahern, Noel.
Andrews, Barry. Andrews, Chris.
Ardagh, Seán. Aylward, Bobby.
Behan, Joe. Blaney, Niall.
Brady, Áine. Brady, Cyprian.
Brady, Johnny. Browne, John.
Byrne, Thomas. Calleary, Dara.
Carey, Pat. Collins, Niall.
Conlon, Margaret. Connick, Seán.
Coughlan, Mary. Cowen, Brian.
Cregan, John. Cuffe, Ciarán.
Curran, John. Dempsey, Noel.
Devins, Jimmy. Dooley, Timmy.
Fahey, Frank. Finneran, Michael.
Fitzpatrick, Michael. Fleming, Seán.
Flynn, Beverley. Gogarty, Paul.
Gormley, John. Grealish, Noel.
Hanafin, Mary. Harney, Mary.
Haughey, Seán. Healy-Rae, Jackie.
Hoctor, Máire. Kelleher, Billy.
Kelly, Peter. Kenneally, Brendan.
Kennedy, Michael. Killeen, Tony.
Kitt, Michael P. Kitt, Tom.
Lenihan, Brian. Lenihan, Conor.
Lowry, Michael. Mansergh, Martin.
Martin, Micheál. McEllistrim, Thomas.
McGrath, Finian. McGrath, Mattie.
McGrath, Michael. McGuinness, John.
Moloney, John. Moynihan, Michael.
Mulcahy, Michael. Nolan, M. J.
Ó Cuív, Éamon. Ó Fearghaíl, Seán.
O’Brien, Darragh. O’Connor, Charlie.
O’Dea, Willie. O’Donoghue, John.
O’Flynn, Noel. O’Hanlon, Rory.
O’Keeffe, Batt. O’Keeffe, Edward.
O’Rourke, Mary. O’Sullivan, Christy.
Power, Seán. Ryan, Eamon.
Sargent, Trevor. Scanlon, Eamon.
Smith, Brendan. Treacy, Noel.
Wallace, Mary. White, Mary Alexandra.
Woods, Michael.

Parliamentary Debates (Official Report - Unrevised) Dáil Éireann Tuesday, 30 March 2010 - Page 1

He3

I know there is a "count me out" system set up for lapsed Catholics who want to leave the Church.

Should FF offer a similar system to supporters who have seen the light and want to leave the Party?
Maybe they would say their Party left them?

A picture can be worth a thousand words.

A sudden disappearance of government TDs from any pictures of decent hardworking people who have to struggle in the real world would speak volumes.

james toney

Thats a very good idea.

Glucose

The Dáil divided: Tá, 83; Níl, 68.

Ahern, Bertie. Ahern, Dermot.
Ahern, Michael. Ahern, Noel.
Andrews, Barry. Andrews, Chris.
Ardagh, Seán. Aylward, Bobby.
Behan, Joe. Blaney, Niall.
Brady, Áine. Brady, Cyprian.
Brady, Johnny. Browne, John.
Byrne, Thomas. Calleary, Dara.
Carey, Pat. Collins, Niall.
Conlon, Margaret. Connick, Seán.
Coughlan, Mary. Cowen, Brian.
Cregan, John. Cuffe, Ciarán.
Curran, John. Dempsey, Noel.
Devins, Jimmy. Dooley, Timmy.
Fahey, Frank. Finneran, Michael.
Fitzpatrick, Michael. Fleming, Seán.
Flynn, Beverley. Gogarty, Paul.
Gormley, John. Grealish, Noel.
Hanafin, Mary. Harney, Mary.
Haughey, Seán. Healy-Rae, Jackie.
Hoctor, Máire. Kelleher, Billy.
Kelly, Peter. Kenneally, Brendan.
Kennedy, Michael. Killeen, Tony.
Kitt, Michael P. Kitt, Tom.
Lenihan, Brian. Lenihan, Conor.
Lowry, Michael. Mansergh, Martin.
Martin, Micheál. McEllistrim, Thomas.
McGrath, Finian. McGrath, Mattie.
McGrath, Michael. McGuinness, John.
Moloney, John. Moynihan, Michael.
Mulcahy, Michael. Nolan, M. J.
Ó Cuív, Éamon. Ó Fearghaíl, Seán.
O’Brien, Darragh. O’Connor, Charlie.
O’Dea, Willie. O’Donoghue, John.
O’Flynn, Noel. O’Hanlon, Rory.
O’Keeffe, Batt. O’Keeffe, Edward.
O’Rourke, Mary. O’Sullivan, Christy.
Power, Seán. Ryan, Eamon.
Sargent, Trevor. Scanlon, Eamon.
Smith, Brendan. Treacy, Noel.
Wallace, Mary. White, Mary Alexandra.
Woods, Michael.

Parliamentary Debates (Official Report - Unrevised) Dáil Éireann Tuesday, 30 March 2010 - Page 1
I hope you copied and pasted

He3

@Glucose

They deserve a pasting alright but they should definitely not be copied.

jrar

Would a parent not have the right to refuse the use of their childrens' images by any outside individual, company, entity or scummy politican ?
Is it not infringing on the childs right to privacy and surely it should not be up to the school authorities to grant that permission ?
It should only be the parent or guardian who woudl have that right ?
As far back as 2002, my daughter was included in a photo. op. of Mata Harney at the "official" opening of the creche that my daughter - we were consulted beforehand so I'd imagine anyone working with kids nowadays would do the same ?

My only regret was if I'd known then what I know now about Harney etc., I'd have got my kid to stick her fingers up over Harney's head in a v-sign !!

He3

As far back as 2002, my daughter was included in a photo. op. of Mata Harney at the "official" opening of the creche that my daughter - we were consulted beforehand so I'd imagine anyone working with kids nowadays would do the same ?

My only regret was if I'd known then what I know now about Harney etc., I'd have got my kid to stick her fingers up over Harney's head in a v-sign !!
Other posters here were not consulted. Presumed consent.

He3

Interesting how the Ministerial photo-opportunities at the teaching unions' Annual Conferences are being managed by teachers.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies