Regency murder accused may face retrial as new material presents 'unprecedented conundrums'

Vega1447

REGENCY Hotel gun murder accused Patrick Hutch may face a retrial after the Special Criminal Court heard new information had come to light that brought “unprecedented conundrums” for the case.Mr Hutch’s defence lawyer said he had to consider additional material that had been provided by the prosecution and “in all probability” he would be seeking an “outright adjournment.”

This would mean a new trial date if it is granted, he said.
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/regency-murder-accused-may-face-retrial-as-new-material-presents-unprecedented-conundrums-36618608.html

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/regency-trial-adjourned-due-to-unprecedented-conundrums-1.3397520

The recent sad death of the Detective Superintendent may be related but we will probably never know.

paddycomeback

In any normal country this would be political dynamite. Without wishing to be in contempt of court, I don't think you need to be a genius to figure out what's gone on.

Betson

Very strange alright , hopefully eventually we will get to see the full story here.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

In any normal country this would be political dynamite. Without wishing to be in contempt of court, I don't think you need to be a genius to figure out what's gone on.
Somebody shredded vital evidence?

Members of AGS were visibly contradicted with video evidence?

The prosecutor was an inexperienced junior?

The dog ate the Garda's evidence?

:confused:

Levellers

Funny that out of 400 Gardai shown the snap of the 'woman' fleeing the Regency only two recognised Hutch and they drove together to the Gardai station to make the identification.

Vega1447

The Regency Hotel shooting trial has been adjourned for a month to allow the completion of an investigation into the circumstances of the death of Detective Supt Colm Fox, who had been the lead investigator into the fatal shooting.
Notes written by the late garda were handed into the Special Criminal Court on Thursday and read by the three judges.
Prosecuting counsel Seán Gillane SC on Thursday asked the court to receive and read some material, which was not opened to the court. This material was “notes authored by the late superintendent”.
Mr Gillane said these would “provide context” for the court regarding an application he would make. The court rose and the three judges read the notes.
When the judges returned, Mr Gillane said there was a separate investigation ongoing into the “circumstances of Colm Fox’s passing”.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/regency-trial-adjourned-after-late-investigating-detective-s-notes-handed-in-1.3401701?utm_source=lunchtime_digest&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news_digest

This all smells a bit...

Levellers

You just knew Superintendent Fox was dodgy when Paul Williams said he was a good friend and fantastic detective.

cozzy121

How long will that guy survive if the case collapses and he's released? I suspect it would be a matter of hours...

Eoin Coir

wonder whats behind the notes of late detective Fox, was he worried about some impropriety, must be serious, murder trial postponed for a month. But then he was a senior officer,and in charge, I am sure no one bullied him

Vega1447

wonder whats behind the notes of late detective Fox, was he worried about some impropriety, must be serious, murder trial postponed for a month. But then he was a senior officer,and in charge, I am sure no one bullied him
DSupt Fox took his own life - at least that is what we are given to understand.

He certainly was not bullied but was exposed to temptation given his role.

He may have fallen. We may never be permitted to know.

Manstein

The senior investigating officer in a high profile murder trial is found dead during the said trial. Notes he kept are given to the judge and the trial is adjourned, WTF? How is that not major news? It was on the news last night but if one had not being keeping close tabs on the trial it wasnt even made clear how the detective died.

How can anyone have confidence in our justice system or the media? We are being fed bull************************

Not The End Of The World

And it's already drifted away from being headline news although I see today's Daily Mail are leading on it.

I do hope we get the full facts. Yes, today's news of the raids on the Kinahans does seem to be more than a coincidence.

At the moment we don't know if we are talking here about a noble Guard or someone who was rotten to the core. If he was noble, then someone else in the barrel certainly isn't.

Enough intrigue and different slants in the story in this feud to make two good films in the future now. What we do know - those notes the judges read are enough to postpone a trial of this magnitude for a month.

I'll be very interested in how the weekend papers deal with this. The legal boys and girls won't be leaving work early today.

At the same time I'd have thought it would have got more attention here over the last 24 hours.

Not The End Of The World

I have suspected that with the mostly one sided nature of this feud, Kinahans doing most of the killing while attempts by the Hutch side seem to be thwarted by AGS, whether this was down to just AGS having someone on the inside spilling the beans on their operations. That's not unusual in dealing with low level turds you can be turned either with financial inducements or anonymity, and a new life promised in Brisbane of course if you don't get caught out in the meantime, while grassing your comrades. Perhaps comrades isn't the correct use of the word, but you get my drift.

The other idea - that some elements of our glorious AGS are implicated in this. We are talking serious levels of money here. Wouldn't be the first examples of those on the side of the law falling prey to situations such as this, out of monetary gain or even just plain fear.

You'd like to think there is a much more innocent explanation. By all accounts the media representation of the tragically deceased detective painted a positive picture of him.

As stories go, it is the stuff of a good thriller read.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies