• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

RodShaft

So long as it is truthful. We have been fed Diana pap over the decades from some media groups and politicians like Tony Blair.
Never impinged on me for one second.

Never saw any of the coverage of the wedding. Was very anti royal and would turn off/walk out when it came on.

On the day she died, I was in a restaurant in Los Angeles. One of my American hosts came back to the table from the jax and announced she had died (or was in a serious accident, I can't remember). I may have said Oh?, or some such non-descript indicator of indifference. In any event, all my American friends ran, shocked, to the TV. I tucked into my dinner. I let them discuss it amongst themselves.

Didn't really give it a moment's thought at the time, nor since.

I had no interest then, and I've no interest now. I just don't get it.

GDPR

I look forward to at least 30 pages of Piesters writing 300 word posts to tell the rest of us how utterly indifferent they are to OP.

That's their Republican credentials sorted. :D

razorblade

The British royle family have never been the least bit relevant to my life so i wont even be giving it a 2nd thought.

I look forward to at least 30 pages of Piesters writing 300 word posts to tell the rest of us how utterly indifferent they are to OP.

That's their Republican credentials sorted. :D
Arr, it was a great media event. They'd lived off her for years. She is still providing them with click bait at this stage.

GDPR

Arr, it was a great media event. They'd lived off her for years. She is still providing them with click bait at this stage.
Just amused at how Irish posters fall into two camps

(1) Squinting windows

(2) Never heard of her, was ever interested in her, here's 500 words on the subject. :)

Tribal

Why should we give a ************************ for an establishment that fed off our starvation?

Alphonse

It's just a shame she got on the wrong side of the Queen who instigated the whole thing. Unfortunately such a cleverly managed assignation is still believed to be only an accident.

paddycomeback

Hewitt, Fayed, Khan, Hoare, Mannakee - this thread is just pure begrudgery that she couldn't find time in her busy schedule for a roll in the hay with a son of Erin.

che schifo

Hitchens did quite a good piece a year after the funeral. I thought it was quite good, anyway...

GDPR

It's a sympathetic view to suggest that she was chewed up and spat out, by the media by the Palace and by her husband. She was a girl of little or no accomplishment when she took on the role. I'm certain that in her position I'd have been ground down in the mill too. She was presented with the illusion of luxury and comfort and sang prettily in her gilded cage for a while. If I were either of her children I'd never speak to my father again. But that's the royal family for you.
The point is that they do speak to their father and quite like him, nothing to do with his royalty. We've been fed a lot of Diana junk food from her supporters and by the media and assuming that's the whole truth about the relationship and the family dynamics, when it isn't at all.

LISTOWEL MAN

reasons she was murdered

- she told the world Charles cheated on her
- she brought attention to landmines
- she was pregnant with Dodi child

gerhard dengler

I recall coming home from a stag night that Friday night and saying to my better half that the news was broadcasting that Princess Diana had been in a serious car accident in Paris.

I woke up early Saturday morning to the wall to wall coverage reporting her death.

The following Saturday we were in Paris for a wedding and I remember watching the funeral on TV taking place in London while getting booted and suited in a Parisian hotel not far from Point D'Alma which is where the crash took place and which was festooned.
Very surreal on many levels.

Was she assassinated?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom