Removal of US statues

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Regular Bruce Picasso.

forest

this is getting to the point of ridiculousness they seem to want to erase their history

Strawberry

this is getting to the point of ridiculousness they seem to want to erase their history
They do.

McTell

W wilson needed southern dem votes and so he supported the Jim Crow laws.

Most Irish americans voted for him for completely different reasons.

The Inspector General

What happens when Trump gets four more years? What statures go once the Marxist mob get that reality check?

Biden's mental deterioration is clearly accelerating. Add to that the pressure of a major campaign... what will the Marxist mob do next?
I believe he will get much more than 4 years. More like 10.American courts are tough.

raetsel

It depends on how you define ridiculousness.
Woodrow Wilson was clearly a racist. Try to see this from the perspective of a black person who may be the grandchild of someone who suffered needless humiliation as a result of Wilson's enthusiastic support for segregation.

On the basis of that article your objection to Princeton's move looks utterly ridiculous itself.

O'Sullivan Bere

Now theyre removing an episode of the Golden Girls because apparently a mud face mask beauty treatment looks like blackface.

Private property issue as is their right, and blackface jokes even in part as is the case there with the black housemaid look have been taken out of circulation for years on taste grounds....nothing new with that.

O'Sullivan Bere

It depends on how you define ridiculousness.
Woodrow Wilson was clearly a racist. Try to see this from the perspective of a black person who may be the grandchild of someone who suffered needless humiliation as a result of Wilson's enthusiastic support for segregation.

On the basis of that article your objection to Princeton's move looks utterly ridiculous itself.
Also a private property issue. The school wishes to set a better tone for all their students and like you said, Wilson caused unwarranted headaches more than just being a product of his times. He went out of his way like Andrew Johnson to set things back.

Of Confederate roots, Wilson resegregated the government and supported the KKK that got moving again to prominence in his wake. Wilson sent black troops into France during WWI where they fought well and won medals but unlike after WWII, he suppressed civil rights movements. Wilson also betrayed black voter trust by courting black votes with progressive promises.

Last edited:

toughbutfair

Also a private property issue. The school wishes to set a better tone for all their students and like you said, Wilson caused unwarranted headaches more than just being a product of his times. He went out of his way like Andrew Johnson to set things back.

Of Confederate roots, Wilson resegregated the government and supported the KKK that got moving again to prominence in his wake. Wilson sent black troops into France during WWI where they fought well and won medals but unlike after WWII, he suppressed civil rights movements. Wilson also betrayed black voter trust by courting black votes with progressive promises.
Now theyre removing an episode of the Golden Girls because apparently a mud face mask beauty treatment looks like blackface.

The golden girls joke is essentially the same as father teds joke re the nazi mustache. Ban father ted !

wombat

Just heard the introduction that HBO are broadcasting before Gone with the Wind, it sounded pretty fair. My mother loved that movie, personally, I thought it was rubbish but then, I liked John Wayne movies so I can't claim to be a movie buff :LOL:

O'Sullivan Bere

The golden girls joke is essentially the same as father teds joke re the nazi mustache. Ban father ted !
Not the same. Hitler is a deceased and villainous public figure and therefore suffers no reputational harm.

The 'mudface' blackface skit involves a black family where Rose states: “This is mud on our faces, we’re not really Black.

image-asset.gif

It's a less offensive rendition of blackface (at least to my senses on the racially winning side of the joke), but none the less, it's a private property issue and it's the owners' right to believe it plays too close to a line that's no longer fit to cross, and it's not a new issue to remove blackface skits from past episodes of shows, cartoons, etc, due to such concerns.

Last edited:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Quite often seen off-cuts of rope used in Ireland for everything from barn and shed doors, garage doors, the odd belt to hold up a farmer's trousers. I must say though that I have seen few shaped into a hangman's noose deliberately.

Seems like a lot of extra effort and you'd imagine NASCAR would have fairly well maintained handles on shutter doors and pit-stop doors and so on, what with all the money in that sport.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom