• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Rent Allowence and Holidays.

seanmoylantd

My brother in law took two weeks to go to an non EU country to see his family.He told SW he was going and would be back in 2 weeks.He informed them when he got back,and went down about his Rent Allowance to the Relieving Officer,who was annoyed because he hadn't been informed also.[He didn't know to inform the HSE].The Officer has stopped the Rent until my brother in law produces 3 months Bank Statments,the credit card bill,proof he bought a ticket online,and statments explaing how he supported himself while on holiday.
My brother in law stayed with his Mother.No record.
His sister in laws sister bought the ticket with her card.Her privacy is affected,and theres no gaurantee her paperworkwill be accepted.
He has saved for 5 years for this trip.He put some money away weekly.Theres no record.
The bank statment is no problem ,as he has no money in his account
Im his innnocence ,he thouht he was entitled to his break for two weeks.Seemingly not.

I want to complain about this .Is there anyone I can make an appeal to?
I asked my local TD.He said when its HSE not SW they can do what they like.

tirnacrann

:roll:
My brother in law took two weeks to go to an non EU country to see his family.He told SW he was going and would be back in 2 weeks.He informed them when he got back,and went down about his Rent Allowance to the Relieving Officer,who was annoyed because he hadn't been informed also.[He didn't know to inform the HSE].The Officer has stopped the Rent until my brother in law produces 3 months Bank Statments,the credit card bill,proof he bought a ticket online,and statments explaing how he supported himself while on holiday.
My brother in law stayed with his Mother.No record.
His sister in laws sister bought the ticket with her card.Her privacy is affected,and theres no gaurantee her paperworkwill be accepted.
He has saved for 5 years for this trip.He put some money away weekly.Theres no record.
The bank statment is no problem ,as he has no money in his account
Im his innnocence ,he thouht he was entitled to his break for two weeks.Seemingly not.

I want to complain about this .Is there anyone I can make an appeal to?
I asked my local TD.He said when its HSE not SW they can do what they like.
:roll:

Rent allowance should be payable when you in occupation, if not there not payable......simples.

moralhazard77

It's austerity. The government are using delay and obstruction or any excuse they can find to not have to pay out various social welfare payments. I know carers who are in terrible circumstances who are waiting nearly a year for carer's allowance. They keep getting fobbed off by being asked to resubmit the same financial records again and again. It's an obvious tactic to try and make the figures look better and remain within set budgets I suppose. It's a very cruel and socially destructive way to go about it but these are the times we live in.

SW recipients are obligated to inform the SW Dept if they are not available for work at any time (i.e. taking a holiday) so unfortunately your brother in law has broken the rules by not informing the HSE also and this will be used as the reason to stop the Rent Allowance payment. Although you would imagine informing the SW office would be adequate. Seems very unfair.

Last edited:

shenana

Yes landlords house is now been turn to a storage free facilities imagine isn't it ?

They did it to me aswell, when i went to Nigeria on 2 1/2 month brake, i am still waiting on the
Income support department on my case before i take the rent to the appellate office in D'ollier house in Dublin
For jack and jill process they want to introduce even when they're informed in writing.

Last edited:

moralhazard77

It sounds like he did inform the SW, but he didn't realize he had to inform the HSE separately, hence the current problem.
Thanks I just realised that when I re-read it. The HSE have huge budget over runs so I suppose they will use any method to stop payments. He should have been told when he informed the SW office that if he was receiving rent allowance he would need to inform the HSE also. One would imagine telling the SW officer would have been enough.

Disillusioned democrat

Thanks I just realised that when I re-read it. The HSE have huge budget over runs so I suppose they will use any method to stop payments.
The REALLY infuriating thing about the HSE is that they'll spend far more in the man hours it will take to dispute the payment than it would to actually make the payment. There are many high paid jobs in the HSE that exist purely to ensure that people don't get their due entitlements - well paid bottom feeders who believe a penny withheld is a penny earned (by themselves).

Yes landlords house is now been turn to a storage free facilities imagine isn't it ?

They did it to me aswell, when i went to Nigeria on 2 1/2 month brake, i am still waiting on the
Income support department on my case before i take the rent to the appellate office in D'ollier house in Dublin
For jack and jill process they want to introduce even when they're informed in writing.
If you can afford to go to Nigeria for 2 1/2 months you can afford to pay for yourself.

moralhazard77

The REALLY infuriating thing about the HSE is that they'll spend far more in the man hours it will take to dispute the payment than it would to actually make the payment. There are many high paid jobs in the HSE that exist purely to ensure that people don't get their due entitlements - well paid bottom feeders who believe a penny withheld is a penny earned (by themselves).
Spot on.

shenana

Thanks I just realised that when I re-read it. The HSE have huge budget over runs so I suppose they will use any method to stop payments. He should have been told when he informed the SW office that if he was receiving rent allowance he would need to inform the HSE also. One would imagine telling the SW officer would have been enough.
Yes but does that says that, landlords house should be taken as a storage's house during applicant absent from the state ?

Seanie Lemass

You went back to the country you escaped from to claim asylum here :confused:

That's mad Ted ;)

moralhazard77

Yes but does that says that, landlords house should be taken as a storage's house during applicant absent from the state ?
What?
I think SW recipients are allowed a certain amount of holiday time (i.e. 2 x 2 weeks or something like that ) but if you are out of the country for 2 1/2 months you would certainly need to sign off and re-apply when you return.

Last edited:

shenana

You went back to the country you escaped from to claim asylum here :confused:

That's mad Ted ;)

I am a parent of a citizen like you, who has absolute right to remain here permanently following the landmark
Ruling of European union court of human right case test xu che & chen test 2004 alright.

Heligoland

How did they know he was away? You can get rent allowance paid monthly can't you?

iartaoiseach

I am a parent of a citizen like you, who has absolute right to remain here permanently following the landmark
Ruling of European union court of human right case test xu che & chen test 2004 alright.
It's amazing how coherent you can be when it suits you.

tirnacrann

Look , we all grumble about the hse/ public service etc etc , but the reality is if you can afford to go on holidays while in receipt of benefits then the benefits are too generous

Seanie Lemass

We are some fkn eijits alright ......

tirnacrann

Nobody has the right to remain , ask the 100000 people forced out of this country in the last year and nobody has the right to think they can live their lives on other peoples hard work either