Rents on the Northside of Dublin now more expensive than the average mortgage!

Degeneration X

'Deeply troubling': Dublin rent

"with the average Dublin rent at €1,822 which is €380 higher per month than at the Celtic Tiger peak."

In Dublin, there were fewer than 1,350 homes available to rent, compared to almost 6,700 on the same date in 2009.

In Dublin, the south of the city and the county were the regions with the highest average rents, but the city centre and North City saw the greatest increase in rents compared with this time last year.

The average rent in Dublin is now €4,500 a year, or €380 a month, more expensive than at its peak during the Celtic Tiger (2008). In central Dublin, rents rose by more than 90% since their lowest point in 2010".

The problem seems to just get worse and worse.

bokuden

"with the average Dublin rent at €1,822 which is €380 higher per month than at the Celtic Tiger peak."

In Dublin, there were fewer than 1,350 homes available to rent, compared to almost 6,700 on the same date in 2009.

In Dublin, the south of the city and the county were the regions with the highest average rents, but the city centre and North City saw the greatest increase in rents compared with this time last year.

The average rent in Dublin is now €4,500 a year, or €380 a month, more expensive than at its peak during the Celtic Tiger (2008). In central Dublin, rents rose by more than 90% since their lowest point in 2010".

Suits FF FG and their landlord supporters just fine. As for the rest of the irish people: screw 'em.

Degeneration X

Dublin People - Minister told to explain rental crisis to Seanad

"The Fianna Fáil Seanad Group Leader said that any suggestion that the rental market in Dublin was slowing down had revealed Fine Gael’s “incomprehension of a housing crisis that is affecting more and more of our population as time goes on”.

According to new figures published by the Residential Tenancies Board, the average cost of rent in Dublin is now €1,500 per month.

This makes it the most expensive place in Ireland to rent a property.

However, responding to the same report, Housing Minister Murphy described the trends in Dublin rent inflation as “positive”."

Hmm...1500 seems a low ball figure I wonder where the Residential Tenancies Board is getting it's figures?

Karloff

toughbutfair

Yet prices to buy are well below their peak, good time for buy to let investors if it wasn’t for our punitive tax rates.

General Urko

Surely this insanity has got to stop!

Mind you increased social and affordable housing will bring out Troika Party supporters in their droves mouthing about being put into negative equity!

As I looked down, flying out over Dublin, the other day, I was strongly reminded by the vast vast expanse of green spaces below, that there ain't no shortage of land, absolutely none!

toughbutfair

Surely this insanity has got to stop!

Mind you increased social and affordable housing will bring out Troika Party supporters in their droves mouthing about being put into negative equity!

As I looked down, flying out over Dublin, the other day, I was strongly reminded by the vast vast expanse of green spaces below, that there ain't no shortage of land, absolutely none!
Agreed. Dublin is not Manhattan

General Urko

Yeah, it's totally absolutely fúcking insane!

Degeneration X

Rents deemed ‘out of control’

RENTS in Dublin Central have increased by more than 90 percent since 2010 according to a report by the Simon Community.

The average rent per month for a one-bedroom property in Dublin City Centre over three days during the study was €2,067, while the average rent for a two-bedroom property was €2,813.

Degeneration X

More bad news this morning for Dublin renters

"The report indicates that the average price of rent in Dublin has reached a record high and is currently 23 percent higher than ever previously recorded.

People are forking out for rent increases that are thirty times inflation – is it any wonder that there are more people forced out on our streets than ever before."

Dame_Enda

Labour pushing their bill to make the whole country a "rent pressure zone" and link rents to inflation and restrict grounds for eviction. https://twitter.com/labour/status/1001773936479277056

"The Labour Party

Verified account

@labour
Follow Follow @labour
More
Speaking to the media today about our comprehensive Security of Tenure Bill to be debate in Dail today that would make all of Ireland a rent pressure zone, link rents to rate of inflation and restrict the grounds for evictions on sale, family member use and refurbishment."

Northsideman

The house I live in and which I bought 30 years ago, it is now worth 17 times what I paid for it, that is pure fukin madness.

galteeman

It just goes to show how wealthy those renters are if they can afford that level of rent. They must really like de northside although you just know it's a total kip once you have lived somewhere respectable.

anyhoo about half the rent paid comes from HAP etc. and half of that goes back to the govt. in taxes. The ones I pity are the minority of renters who actually have a job.

gerhard dengler

The house I live in and which I bought 30 years ago, it is now worth 17 times what I paid for it, that is pure fukin madness.
You said it.

3-4% annual price inflation rate is reasonable. This rate is what society should be striving for.
Instead here in Ireland we appear to go through boom/bust property cycles continuously.

Notachipanoaktree

So! we're all agreed then, the country is a sh*ithole.

Nasty little country, Nasty little Gombeen men and women.

Notachipanoaktree

It just goes to show how wealthy those renters are if they can afford that level of rent. They must really like de northside although you just know it's a total kip once you have lived somewhere respectable.

anyhoo about half the rent paid comes from HAP etc. and half of that goes back to the govt. in taxes. The ones I pity are the minority of renters who actually have a job.
You nasty little bast*ard. No surprise there.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom