Renua=Ireland's only prolife party - bounce from opposing Repeal the 8th?

Bertie's Hat

I have been following Renua and they are becoming like an Irish UKIP with anti immigration sentiment.

At the moment they get no media coverage and many people are not aware that the party is still active. Now that they are the only pro life party, they may benefit from the requirement for 50:50 yes to no coverage in the media coming up to the referendum, and increase their profile.

I don't think itll be a huge bounce in votes but it may be enough to get leader John Leahy a seat in the Dail. Most of the candidates selected to date appear pretty hopeless and don't have good chances of seats even with prolife bounce.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 17573

I have been following Renua and they are becoming like an Irish UKIP with anti immigration sentiment.

At the moment they get no media coverage and many people are not aware that the party is still active. Now that they are the only pro life party, they may benefit from the requirement for 50:50 yes to no coverage in the media coming up to the referendum, and increase their profile.

I don't think itll be a huge bounce in votes but it may be enough to get leader John Leahy a seat in the Dail. Most of the candidates selected to date appear pretty hopeless and don't have good chances of seats even with prolife bounce.

They could pick up a few last seats in enough constituencies for them to have a place in the next government and a say on any planned abortion legislation. And if they can build on that they may yet have a future in Irish politics. It's their last chance and they should give it a go.

Degeneration X

The party itself is probably history come the next GE but Leahy may one day join the Healy Raes and Mattie as a rural, conservative Indo in the Dail.

In fact that is probably what those guys should do - form a IA for the rural independents, it would have more success than Renua!

wexfordman

Was initially quite interested in renua, their tax policies were interesting, actually gave them a vote in the last election, the fact that Lucinda had stepped down and they toned down the anti abortion theme made me think they were worth a shot, particularly as I couldn't abide voting ffglab.

A very nieve step on my part, won't touch them with a barge pole now

Plebian

Eaten bread is soon forgotten, for Renua to get a pro-life bounce the referendum and next GE would have to occur around the same time. Besides that the pro-life ticket hasn't worked out for Dana, Ronan Mullen and Renua itself in the past.

Dame_Enda

Social conservatism is on its way out in Ireland.

eoghanacht

I heard on the radio the other day that they still pick up 200k per annum as they are a registered "political party".

hiding behind a poster

I heard on the radio the other day that they still pick up 200k per annum as they are a registered "political party".
No, it's because they got 2% of the vote nationally in the last election.

firefly123

Prolife until they are born. Then they can fúck off into the gutter the scrounging peasants!

Analyzer

Amazing how all the big names have ran away from Renua !!!
They left. And they anticipate that nobody will figure out their role in wrecking it.

Is Hobbit still selling a dodgy investment to idiots in front of a TV ?

Analyzer

flavirostris

Worth keeping an eye on. I certainly liked the way they publicly shamed Amnesty charlatan CO'G over his illegal Soros cash.

Interestedhopeful

The National Party also claims to have been in discussion with Fianna Fail and Fine Gael members who feel they've been awfully betrayed by their respective leaderships on the right to life.

Hopefully it will give some small momentum to these small parties who at least desire to represent their members views. There is an incredible lack of representation for views that are not optics friendly in the new social media-driven political process.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies