• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Renua - The Liberal Democrats

Breanainn

Such is the tagline that the party has decided to adopt in the wake of February's wipeout. Rather than invoking the "radical centre" philosophy of Charles Kennedy, however, it appears to be directed at a resurrection of the PDs, with Michael McDowell suggested as a potential leader. If there is room in Irish politics for an official liberal party, Labour would seem better placed to fill that gap, though?

Renua after Lucinda set for radical rebranding - Independent.ie

Clanrickard

Such is the tagline that the party has decided to adopt in the wake of February's wipeout. Rather than invoking the "radical centre" philosophy of Charles Kennedy, however, it appears to be directed at a resurrection of the PDs, with Michael McDowell suggested as a potential leader. If there is room in Irish politics for an official liberal party, Labour would seem better placed to fill that gap, though?

Renua are filling a right of centre gap.

Clanrickard

Clanrickard

PBP voter

Lib dems were the ************************s who sent over the tans.

Dame_Enda

I don't like parties to have long names. It hurts brand loyalty (although "I can't believe it's not butter" might be an exception). The electorate showed it was in the mood for change but the change was leftward. I hoped it would go better but is candidate in Wexford I think pulled out before the last GE.

Their ideas on reform of the whip system have been poached in the PfG but I'm sceptical it will happen as its not specified how it will happen. We should have something like the German constitutions provision against parliamentarians being forced to vote a particular way.

I no longer believe there is a gap in the market for Thatcherite economics. Personally I used to like her ideas and in some cases still do. However as an economically distressed person I want sw cuts to be reversed and more exemptions for charges until low income people can recover. The last govt pursued regressive economic policies and Labour let it happen, undermining it's pretence to be standing up for the little man. Labour has moved too far beyond its roots and helped cover up expenses before the election ( someone posted s link on this). They are essentially a convert to middle class liberalism having been fattened on the McCreevy era payrises for politicians. Labour appointed relatives to state boards and engaged in controversial property deals involving family members.

Catholic social conservatism was never going to go down well in Dublin SE. The party had a confused message. I supported three strikes but the media presented the parent punishment idea as about jailing parents of criminals. They explained that they would punish willfully negligent pare to of juvenile criminals. I support this but would prefer fine or sw cuts to such parents. It's clear the powerful legal profession didn't like this as they profit from recidivist court appearance.

Last edited:

sondagefaux

I no longer believe there is a gap in the market for Thatcherite economics. Personally I used to like her ideas and in some cases still do. However as an economically distressed person I want sw cuts to be reversed and more exemptions for charges until low income people can recover.
Did your mammy's money run out?

Accidental sock

How could they not go for 'Papal before profit'?

Goa Tse

They could call themselves the "Free Steak and Blowjob Party" and they still won't get any votes.

firefly123

Renua- now with 100% less lucinda?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies