Repeal the 34th Amendment of the Constitution

Hans Von Horn

The 34th Amendment of the Constitution was a great mistake. When we look across the World we see that Marriage is the voluntary union of one man and one woman for life.

The 34th amendment degrades marriage. The Irish people were bounced into showing sympathy rather than making a rational and moral decision to preserve and protect marriage.

The key to marriage is one man and one woman, not two men, or two women, or one man and four women. Marriage is for bringing fourth Children, not a vehicle for taking some one else's child.

Same sex marriage turns a moral wrong into a civil right. Civil laws play guide though and behaviour and influence impressionable minds. Our debased definition of marriage will lead our young people astray from a path to a wholesome life.

The Irish people were induced to feel pity for the Gay Community and to undermine marriage out of a misplaced decency. Our State and Constitution acknowledge God. Our State is a Christian State. God loves homosexual people but he prohibits the practice of homosexuality.

We spend millions through tax relief each year on charitable status for organisations that promote religion. Same sex marriage is contradictory of promoting the Christian Religion. Same sex marriage undermines Christian values that our State and civilisation has been built on. It promotes a false doctrine of equality. We are not all equal and we should celebrate diversity. Homosexuals should value the fact they are different and embrace Civil Partnership instead of marriage.

I don't know why God opposes Homosexuality but if we want a "Christian based values State" then we should repeal same sex marriage.

Last edited:

Dame_Enda

Historically marriage has not primarily been about reproduction. Otherwise the elderly and infertile would not have been allowed to marry. The issue is settled.

The Church has spent the last 2000 years moralising about peoples private lives. They would be better served dealing with more important issues such as the senseless deaths and destruction caused by war and world hunger.

gleeful

The 34th Amendment of the Constitution was a great mistake. When we look across the World we see that Marriage is the voluntary union of one man and one woman for life.

The 34th amendment degrades marriage. The Irish people were bounced into showing sympathy rather than making a rational and moral decision to preserve and protect marriage.

The key to marriage is one man and one woman, not two men, or two women, or one man and four women. Marriage is for bringing fourth Children, not a vehicle for taking some one else's child.

Same sex marriage turns a moral wrong into a civil right. Civil laws play guide though and behaviour and influence impressionable minds. Our debased definition of marriage will lead our young people astray from a path to a wholesome life.
As a married straight person I dont think that allowing homophobes to marry degrades me. Just keep your homophobia to yourself.

NYCKY

How were they bounced?

Hans Von Horn

The people made a mistake, and there has been time for reflection. Just as we needed a second vote on Lisbon we should have a second vote on the nature of Marriage

razorblade

We had a referendum the majority of the population democratically voted for same sex marriage whats the issue do you not accept a democratic decision, you may not agree with it which your perfectly entitled to, but the people spoke on the day of the referendum and they said yes and thats the decision thats been made.

Hans Von Horn

We had a referendum the majority of the population democratically voted for same sex marriage whats the issue do you not accept a democratic decision, you may not agree with it which your perfectly entitled to, but the people spoke on the day of the referendum and they said yes and thats the decision thats been made.
The majority of those who voted passed the referendum not the majority of the population. Australia for instance stands firm on Marriage. We got it wrong time to vote again.

Half Nelson

Civil marriage was redefined by the referendum result.
I'm not sure it's possible to go back, even if we wanted to.

Mitsui2

Talk about flogging a dead horse!

Even after something like 60+ % of the electorate had fundamentally disagreed with your notions on the day that actually counted - i.e. the day of the vote - a number of our more charming brassneck snowflake types on here persisted on chugging on as though their view hadn't been roundly, thoroughly and in some detail rejected by the Plain People of Ireland. But even that fizzled out as the sky - as is its way, even here - resolutely refused to fall (yet again).

You'll probably get a bunch of the same folk back on this thread rehashing the same rejected arguments, to no perceivable end, but if you want to stay topical would you not be better advised go and start some thread about how all Muslims are/aren't headhacking savages or something? Or saying that Donald Trump is/is not the Saviour of the Western World?

Obviously you'd be no wiser for the thread that ensued, but at least you'd be a bit more up to date.

Tin Foil Hat

If you think that your marriage is degraded by the queers in No. 47 getting the same deal, then you have bigger problems than our constitution.

Mitsui2

Hans von Horn or "Hands on my Horn"?:oops:
I remember getting quite a shock when the bould Hans first showed up, because the name was the same as a bilingual joke made up many years ago by a Dutch friend of mine to describe a priest he'd known (I won't mention the Christian sect involved, lest I be yet again accused of anti-Catholicism) whose obsession with masturbation led his listeners to conclude that it was his personal demon. The "joke" being that, bilingually, it could equally mean "Hands away from Horn."

In any event, if I remember right, our own Hans has always lived up to the notion that things other people do with phalluses are of great importance to him. Seems a funny kind of thing to build a world around, but then it takes all kinds, and who am I to be critical?

General Urko

It may be a moral wrong according to you, but to most people it is not!
I was shocked that 2 Republican freinds of mine told me that voted against it, which strongly indicates to me, they are not real Republicans and that they feel they have more rights than other people! Which is quite disgusting!
One extremely important thing is that there is a huge attempted suicide level among young gay men and an eejit acting the redneck bufoon, by trying to deny people a very basic right is sending an extremely worrying message to those young people!

amist4

If you think that your marriage is degraded by the queers in No. 47 getting the same deal, then you have bigger problems than our constitution.
If you think the queers come close to what constitutes heterosexual marriage for thousands of years, the problems are all yours.

The Field Marshal

I agree with the OP.
Children have a natural right to a male and female couplet as the natural norm in parenting.

Same sex marriage deprives them of that right.

razorblade

The referendum was passed by a 62% majority, but the op wants to overturn the results because apparantly it was all a huge mistake and the Irish people are all to stupid to make up their own minds and therefore we arnt allowed to vote in referendums, logic has never been certain peoples strongpoint.

D

Deleted member 45466

The referendum was passed by a 62% majority, but the op wants to overturn the results because apparantly it was all a huge mistake and the Irish people are all to stupid to make up their own minds and therefore we arnt allowed to vote in referendums, logic has never been certain peoples strongpoint.
Isn't that what the repeal the 8th campaign is about?

The Field Marshal

Isn't that what the repeal the 8th campaign is about?
Well said.
Its ok to call for abortion but not ok to call for the retention of marriage based on one man and one woman.

The hypocrisy is breathtaking.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies