Repeal the 36th...

Spanner Island

Well someone had to start this thread... so why not myself even though I'm absolutely fine with the 8th result and with the proposed legislation.

This thread is for all those No voters as well as those who couldn't/didn't vote for whatever reasons and who aren't thrilled about the result and who can't quite come to terms with the Ireland in which they now live...

Use this thread how you wish to folks... to lament the past, discuss the future, debate strategies to try and thwart the will of the people etc. blah blah blah...

Enjoy - I created this thread just for you... XO :cool:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Perhaps there is a compromise available. We could allow travel only on Tuesday mornings and Thursday evening. All other times there could be a foetal heart monitor in operation at all ports and airports and a big country cailin with ears in a blue uniform ready to rugby tackle the pregnant peripatetics.

Spanner Island

Perhaps there is a compromise available. We could allow travel only on Tuesday mornings and Thursday evening. All other times there could be a foetal heart monitor in operation at all ports and airports and a big country cailin with ears in a blue uniform ready to rugby tackle the pregnant peripatetics.
That compromise is far too expensive and complicated Lumpy...

Far easier to lecture and hector and tell people how to live their lives and adopt a 'my way or no way' attitude... as we've seen for the last 35 years and longer...

The absolutists contributed to the result on Friday far more than they'd like to admit to themselves...

Ah well... they've had it very easy over the years and decades... the absolutists... so it's about time they had to work for any influence and to work harder than they've ever worked for it too...

Catalpast

Well someone had to start this thread... so why not myself even though I'm absolutely fine with the 8th result and with the proposed legislation.

This thread is for all those No voters as well as those who couldn't/didn't vote for whatever reasons and who aren't thrilled about the result and who can't quite come to terms with the Ireland in which they now live...

Use this thread how you wish to folks... to lament the past, discuss the future, debate strategies to try and thwart the will of the people etc. blah blah blah...

Enjoy - I created this thread just for you... XO :cool:
Too Late!

- I already have it as my signature...:cool:

Stentor

A safe space for another minority. They are people too. Kind of.

Stentor

They should take a break. Seems to me the harder they work the harder they fail.

SweenyTodd

SweenyTodd

That compromise is far too expensive and complicated Lumpy...

Far easier to lecture and hector and tell people how to live their lives and adopt a 'my way or no way' attitude... as we've seen for the last 35 years and longer...
Is it right that tens of millions of euro of taxpayers money will be used to make freely available a procedure that is in the vast majority of cases an elective medical procedure as opposed to a medical necessity? There is no precedent for this. Hundreds of thousands of Irish people believe that this is an unethical and harmful medical procedure. Many medical personnel share this view. So why should taxpayers money be used to so freely fund it?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies